Ratings for Dr. R. Keith Hill

I needed to see a doctor quickly because of a bleeding nose and I called Dr. Hill's office this morning. He could not see me, but his new assistant, Katie F. Hill, saw me at 11:00. She was great and quickly fixed me up and sent me on my way. There are not too many doctor's offices where you can get an appointment the same day that you call. Keep up the good work Katie and welcome to Athens.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2019

Dr Keith Hill and his staff are very pleasant and helpful! I would recommend them to anyone. The staff is very busy every time we are there, but take time to make you feel welcome and important! The Doctors are very knowledgeable and professional! Both my kids are patients there and they love the Doctors. 10 stars from our family to Valley ENT !

flag | Submitted May 21, 2019

After waiting 2 months, I finally went for my appointment with Dr. Hill. When I walked in the receptionist was juggling 40 million gazillion things. I was amazed that she had time to breathe. Then I saw Dr. Hill, was impressed with his intelligence. He sent me for a hearing test and MRI ( which I am grateful for). I have had vertigo since February 21, and all the drs. that I had previously been to just treated the symptoms. When I went for the MRI ( even though Dr. Hill’s office set the appointment) there were no orders for the MRI from Dr. Hill’s office. The MRI was completed on Thursday. I was instructed to wait for Dr. Hill’s office to contact me. On Friday morning at 8:30, I had a copy of the results of the MRI. However, on Thursday night, I was worse. I waited for the call from Dr. Hill’s office. Finally, I called Dr. Hill’s office 4 times. Each time the line was busy. On the fifth call, I got his answering service saying that his staff had left for the day. Then, I called the office where I had gotten the MRI. They assured me that they had sent him the results. Saturday morning, I was having chills, pain shooting through the front top of my head & back of head & neck & shoulders were stiff and hurting. By Sunday afternoon at 5 pm, I didn’t think that I could stand any more. I called Dr. Hill’s office and talked to a lady at the answering service, telling her my symptoms. She put me on hold. When she came back on the line she said that I would have to call another number, which she quickly gave to me. ( with today’s technology, why couldn’t she connect me ?). At this point I started to go to Madison to the ER., but convinced myself to be patient and wait until Monday, when I was sure that Dr. Hill/ his nurse would call. That did not happen. At 9 am I started trying to call his office. After calling 3 times and getting a busy signal, on the 4th call the receptionist answered. She put me through to the nurses mailbox, which instructed me to leave a message and wait 24 hours for a reply. I left her a message telling her that I was worse, and expounding my symptoms. Then I decided that I could not wait 24 more hours. ( Most dr. offices in Huntsville respond within 1 hour to calls. ) I left my house at 10:30, reached Madison ER at 11:30 and checked in. At 12:30, Dr. Hill’s nurse leaves a message on my phone, saying that Dr. Hill was not faxed??? a copy of my MRI???? ... That she would call back later that afternoon! Meanwhile at Madison ER, I was put in a room, the nurse started an IV, gave me steroids and Zofran( for nausea). Then, at 2:45, Dr. Hill’s nurse calls, tells me that Dr. Hill reviewed my MRI on his phone and she was going to call me in a prescription for antibiotics. My diagnosis from the MRI is Bilateral Mastoid Inflammation. It says on line that it takes IV antibiotics to clear it up and that, if they work, the patient will get better quickly. Meanwhile, I am at home taking antibiotics for another miserable 3 weeks. At the time of my scheduled return appointment, I will have been dealing with this for 13 weeks! Also, now I will probably have a $500, copay for the ER visit. I ask you, Is this quality health care? Even though, Dr. Hill appears quite knowledgeable, quality health care requires more than knowledge alone. If a dr. doesn’t have the time to give me quality care, send me to someone in Huntsville or Birmingham who does have the knowledge and time!! So tired of being sick!!!

Submitted May 9, 2019

It takes FOREVER to get a call back, Dr. Hill however is amazing! I think the staff should be evaluated to determine who is in it for the right thing. Thus far it's been nothing but rudeness and take 24 to 48 to even hear back. I have been trying to schedule my surgery for months now! I work in the buisness that is very similar to theres. It needs to change, Dr. Hil is too good for his name to be brought down by his staff!

Submitted January 12, 2019

Dr. Hill is wonderful and compassionate doctor. I feel like he truly has my best interest at heart.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2018

Dr. Hill is the doctor you need for all your ENT needs! He is the doctor that you want to tell all your friends about, and we did!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2018

Dr Hill is amazing. His beside manner, his personality and his attention to his patients is top notch!!

flag | Submitted December 14, 2017

Dr.Hill is the best he performed many of surgeries on my throat so I could eat. And he is the sweetest man I've met by far love ya Dr keith

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Dr Hill has done surgery on 7 of my grandkids. He is awesome with the children, they are not scared at all, they have gone into surgery at ease and not scared. Then their surgeries has helped so much with cutting out infections. He also did sleep apnea surgery on my son and really helped him. Thank you Dr. Hill for knowing your stuff.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2015

The doctors are great, but some of the staff are really unprofessional.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

Dr. R. Keith Hill's Credentials

• University Of Alabama School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

Top Hospitals in Athens, AL