Ratings for Dr. Alex Harper

Beware of this doctor. Dismissive, condescending and refuses to listen to patients concerns.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2017

Dr Alex Harper is extremely rude, nasty, unhelpful and very arrogant. I saw him for a consult at the Eye & Ear Hospital regarding a serious eye condition I have and found him to be completely uncaring. When I asked him if he could please explain something which I didn't understand, his response was: "PUT IT IN WRITING." I had been previously told by a different Retina Specialist at the Eye and Ear that I could go blind with my eye condition, and when I tried to ask Dr Harper's opinion about this, he became extremely agitated and told me that he didn't want a running commentary of what the previous doctor had said, and that maybe I should go back out to the (Outpatients Desk) and request to see that doctor. He also became very annoyed and complained to me that he had been lecturing students all morning and that he still hadn't had lunch yet. (In hindsight, I should have told him that I had my two children with me - one of which was sick with tonsilitis and a fever, and we had been waiting for over 2 hours in the waiting room and we also hadn't eaten lunch.) Before the consult finished, he once again told me that he didn't want a running commentary re what the other doctor had said and repeated that if I wanted something explained, to "Put it in writing." This whole terrible consult took place in front of the Hospital Patient Liaison Officer who was present at the time. Dr Harper proceeded to walk out of the door, the Liason Officer called out after him asking: "What do we do about _____________ ?" to which he very flippantly retorted: "WHATEVER!" As far as I'm concerned, this doctor shouldn't be practicing at all as he has no communication or people skills whatsoever, but what is much more concerning is that he is playing with peoples eye sight and his complete lack of interest, concern, care and empathy is absolutely appalling and downright disgusting.

Submitted August 24, 2015

I fond dr. Harper to be very arrogant and like the other review, found him to have no empathy for his patient. Would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2015

I found Dr. Harper very helpful and knowledgeable in helping me with my eyesight.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2012

This Dr does not even bother to greet you when you enter the room for an appointment. He shows no empathy or interest in allying concerns and answeres questions with very curt replies giving the impression that he would rather you did'nt ask them.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2009