You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Laurie Litwinson

Nobody understands what it's like to live with a mental illness unless they themselves experience it. And nobody understands what it's like to experience stigma unless they themselves have been impacted by it. I have been looked down upon by so many people and a lot of those individuals work in the helping profession such as healthcare and EPS. I also feel Dr. Litwinson has stigmatized me as well by putting me in a category with others that could cause bodily harm. That really hurts. I still need a lot of support and I am completely alone. The sexual assault centre has also given up on me before Dr. Litwinson did. And others has given up on me after she has. I was so much looking forward to taking the DBT but since I don't have a psychiatrist in the community I can't. I really wanted to take it. I heard a lot of positive feedback on it. And I still needed her support to get me through something. I didn't mean to mess things up, it just happened. I didn't understand at the time what was happening. I wish I could just undo everything but I can't. And I remember. I remember everything. I need to tell Dr. Litwinson before it's too late. Please, I need to tell her the truth.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

It would have past. It would have past just like the other times. I had a written game plan in my hand when you gave up on me. I needed more help but instead you gave up on me. I just needed more supports in place. I hate medication now, all of it. I stopped in believing and hoping because the one person that stood by me for 12 years gave up. If only you just held on for another day or two.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

I never meant to be such a problem. All I ever wanted was a chance. Is that too much to ask for? I guess I don't deserve it. I'm tired, so tired of being depressed. And I'm so tired of being in constant tears all the time. I just wanted to make things right, that's all. My depression is at it's worse. The pain that I am in is so unbearable. All of my hope has vanished completely. I never meant to be a problem. I just needed help to get back to a healthier state. Everybody has given up on me, everybody. I feel so alone and I don't have any support. I'm sorry. Good Bye.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2016

I know I'm not a bad person. I just wanted a chance to get better. Don't I deserve that just as much as her other patients? I guess not. I didn't ask for this illness. I didn't ask to be sexually assaulted by my older brothers when I was a child. Nor did I ask to be assaulted any of the other times. Okay maybe for awhile I felt all messed up. But I know it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour. Even though my behaviour ended when I was off the other medication, but my depression declined significantly since the termination. It's like I have no will. It's also like I have given up completely. I feel my abusers have all won. Don't I deserve a chance to get better? I was looking at some photos and I remember actually feeling happy when they were taken. That was only about two years ago. I know I would have gotten back there if Dr. Litwinson didn't give up on me when she did. I had a game plan right in my hand when she terminated my care. Don't I deserve to get to a better place? I'm a person. I have real feelings too. It feels like everyone quits on me. The sexual assault centre has given up on me too, just before Dr. Litwinson did. I'm trying to do the best I can. I didn't ask for this illness. Nobody understands what it's like to live with this illness unless you experience it first hand. It's difficult but I am trying. And to make matters worse the medication I was previously on worked against me. Therefore I get punished further. Don't I deserve a happy ending to the nightmare that I am constantly in.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2016

I just got another psychiatrist. I don't like her. I only saw her once so far and my first impression of her isn't good. During the appointment she basically called me a lier three times. Not in so many words but that's what she meant. But I needed my medication adjusted. She looks like she's close to retirement. i miss Dr. Litwinson so very much. The last thing she said to me is that she's not irreplaceable. I wanted to say to her at that moment that "yes you are" but I didn't. I had a routine with her. I was comfortable with Dr. Litwinson. I trusted her very much. I think there were times I tried to convince myself that I didn't trust her because trust doesn't come easy for me so it scared me when I did trust her. I also tried to convince myself that II didn't need her or that I didn't feel safe there. Again it was because it scared me knowing that I did need her because I didn't have anyone my whole life that I was able to rely on but myself so it was scary for me at my age to start needing someone for support. But the truth is that I did and still do need Dr. Litwinson. And I don't think there was ever a place I felt completely safe. So I convinced myself again that I wasn't safe in her office. But actually that is the only place I do feel 100% safe. It was very helpful for me to have those appointments. And she already knows me, my history and everything. I have so much stress going on right now and no one to talk to. I was recently assaulted which was completely my fault, there was a death in the family this past weekend, and I was served with papers tonight from an auto accident almost a year ago and now I'm being sued. Right now I feel I am just hanging on by a thread. And I miss Dr. Litwinson so so much. Why did I have to mess everything up? Why? Life is too short and I don't want to waste it being depressed. There was a time that I was doing so well and if given the chance, I know I would get back there. I want to be able to prove it. And Dr. Litwinson wouldn't be sorry, guaranteed. Please help me to get back there. I would do anything to make things right. And I do mean anything. And yes Dr. Litwinson you are irriplaceable.

Submitted April 12, 2016

Why did I have to mess up everything? Why? Because I am stupid. I am so stupid. I must be stupid because I didn't know how to express myself and explain how I was feeling while on the other medication. If I was only able to express it at that time but I didn't know or understand why I felt the way I did. I wish Dr. Litwinson believed me. Others believe me including another psychiatrist. But now Dr. Litwinson really hates me. I feel so alone. And my aunt just passed away over the weekend and I have no support.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I wish things were different. If I wasn't on my previous medication things would have been different. The only stress I have is not seeing Dr. Litwinson any more. Even after I was assaulted recently I didn't even care because I know I deserved it. I deserve all the bad luck that happens. I just slept 40 hours maybe as a result of a concussion. And I didn't take anything to help me sleep either as I don't take anything to help with sleep anymore. I don't believe in taking any more medication than I need to. Someone told me I should call to see if Dr. Litwinson would see me again. But the thing is, Dr. Litwinson hates me. If she did take me back, she wouldn't be sorry. I guarantee it would be different because I would do anything. And I definitely know what to look for in side affects in medication. I just feel that it is unfair to terminate my care because my unusual behaviour was a result of the medication. I wish I knew that at the time so i could have told Dr. Litwinson.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I know it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour because as soon as I was off of it my thoughts, feelings and behaviour had all stopped. Also my hostile anger had stopped as soon as I was off that medication. And I was able to deal with the stress I was dealing with at that time. And I was able to accept the stress I was going through. So I know it was the medication. I have been getting mean messages and threats. It is all my fault because of what I said to Dr. Litwinson and what I did. I will never forgive myself. I hate myself for it. I was assaulted recently which I know I deserved as well. I think it had something to do with my previous supervisor as she has sent me mean messages as well as threats. It's all my fault though because I screwed up everything.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2016

I know that it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour because I never in my whole life acted the way I did. Also as soon as I was off of that medication my thoughts, feelings and the unusual behaviour all had stopped. My hostile anger was no more. I was able to deal with the stress surrounding it which included accepting it. So I know it was the medication. Now I am getting nasty messages and threats. But that is all my fault because of what I said to Dr. Litwinson and what I did. I just slept for 40 hours probably because of being assaulted recently and may have had a concussion. That was my fault as well. And I didn't take anything to help me sleep either as I don't take medication to help me sleep any more. I don't believe in taking any more medication than necessary.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Dr. Litwinson, I don't know if doctors actually read these but please I need your help. I know I made stupid stupid mistakes that I will regret for the rest of my life. I have been getting mean and threatening messages because of the letter you wrote. I need to tell you everything. You need to know everything. I will only tell you the truth about everything. I can't have my career go down the drain. Without my chosen career I have nothing left. That's the one thing that gave me joy. That's the one thing that gave me a reason to live. That's my whole life. Could you please assess me? I'm now getting nasty messages. I know I deserve any bad luck that comes my way. I have a special gift when it comes to working with children. I know I have made so many positive changes in the lives of the children that I have worked with over the years. So please I will do anything. My career is on the rocks and if I don't have that, I don't have anything. So if you could reassess me, you will not be sorry. There is so much I need to tell you. I'm not a terrible person. I'm not. Right now I just feel I have nothing to live for. And now I'm getting these awful messages from my previous supervisor.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2016

Dr. Laurie Litwinson's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nobody understands what it's like to live with a mental illness unless they themselves experience it. And nobody understands what it's like to experience stigma..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It would have past. It would have past just like the other times. I had a written game plan in my hand when you gave up on me. I needed more help but instead..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I never meant to be such a problem. All I ever wanted was a chance. Is that too much to ask for? I guess I don't deserve it. I'm tired, so tired of being depre..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I know I'm not a bad person. I just wanted a chance to get better. Don't I deserve that just as much as her other patients? I guess not. I didn't ask for this..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I just got another psychiatrist. I don't like her. I only saw her once so far and my first impression of her isn't good. During the appointment she basically ..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Why did I have to mess up everything? Why? Because I am stupid. I am so stupid. I must be stupid because I didn't know how to express myself and explain how ..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wish things were different. If I wasn't on my previous medication things would have been different. The only stress I have is not seeing Dr. Litwinson any mor..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I know it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour because as soon as I was off of it my thoughts, feelings and behaviour had all stopped. Also my ho..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I know that it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour because I never in my whole life acted the way I did. Also as soon as I was off of that medi..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Litwinson, I don't know if doctors actually read these but please I need your help. I know I made stupid stupid mistakes that I will regret for the rest o..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr. Litwinson. Thank you for leaving me feeling vulnerable. I have no support. Either nobody will see me or I can't afford the parking. And you know I..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I can't stop shaking. This is the worse that I've been. I can't take no more. Why did I have to be so stupid. Why? Why did I have to ruin everything? I'm such a..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Had a dream last night. Was driving around the mountains. Spotted an opening so I accelerated and drove off. I died as soon as I crashed at the very bottom wh..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Thank you Dr. Litwinson. Thank you for leaving me feeling vulnerable. Thank you for abandoning me when you made me think and feel you wouldn't do that by sayi..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I never wanted to die before. I only wanted the pain to stop. It is different this time totally different. I don't have a choice. I have no support. Everybody h..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Why do you have to assume everything? Why? Why? That one day you assumed I was staring at your top. I actually spaced out until you moved your arm. I didn't mea..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It really makes me wonder if Dr. Litwinson set me up to fail. When she restarted my medication at a higher dose I asked her about it. She responded it would be ..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Getting all the info I need for PAD emailed to me. Now I just need to have loose ends tied up before I go home. Where I am going is a much better place than h..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just went to see a doctor to see if she would assist me with physician assisted death. I told her how things became so complicated and this unbearable pain that..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I only had one wish. I wished that Dr. Litwinson believed me that it was in fact the medication that caused my very unusual behaviour. If only I had a chance ..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was eager to drive out of town tonight to carry out my plan if it wasn't for my migraine. I was all ready and began the drive when I got my migraine. I won'..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After just reading some notes it just made me realize just how much of a looser that I really am and how i always ruin everything. I have no support in this fri..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I feel extremely hurt. I want this hurting to stop. I need the hurting to stop. Dr. Litwinson wasn't the first to reject me. She was just one of many. However..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My whole life I felt like a reject. I thought for the first time in my life that I finally found someone that actually listened to me. Someone that was understa..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wonder if Dr. Litwinson would have abandoned me if I had cancer or MS or if I was a diabetic instead of this mental illness. The answer would be no she wouldn..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I want to die now. I hate life more and more each and every day since Dr. Litwinson gave up on me. I know I wasn't a bad person. And it was totally out of my ch..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wish that Dr. Litwinson believed me about the side effects that affected me a great deal. She knew the kind of person I was after all I was her patient for 12..."

March 26, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I guess not all psychiatrists knows or understands the effects of their medications. A different psychiatrist even told me a few months ago about the effects of..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have never hated life so much as I do right now. I didn't even have a chance to explain things to Dr. Litwinson. Life isn't fair. It really isn't. I wanted so..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " All I ever wanted was a chance. A chance to get better. A chance at a life worth living. A chance to watch my grandchildren grow up. There was a time I was do..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I don't understand why bad things keep happening to me. I was never a bad person. I was always kind to everyone. I always considered other people's feelings. An..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Life sucks. The mental health system sucks. Psychiatrists think they know everything. Dr. Litwinson sees criminals or a patient that is psychotic would just be ..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " My life is a huge mistake. My whole life was affected with abuse. I have witnessed and experienced all types of abuse as a child and as an adult. Because of m..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "While tucking my grandson in bed a couple of nights ago he asked me to sing him the lullabye that I use to sing to him. I haven't sung it to him in ages. As I s..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "In my opinion there are better psychiatrists out there far better than Dr. Litwinson. Ever since she has yelled and sworn at me i never felt completely safe wit..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I made an informed decision. I am applying for physician assisted death. I don't have any other choice. I just can't take this pain anymore. I just can't. I hav..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My medication isn't working and I have nobody that will follow me. Alberta Mental Health doesn't follow patients apparently. So I am now completely screwed. I..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I am feeling so discouraged. I am all alone with no support. My medication had stopped working. I hate life so much. I hate myself. All I wanted was a chance ..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was really messed up for a little while. But I won't take all the blame. It was that medication that affected me a great deal. But still I screwed up so bad...."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm just having a real bad day. I'm sorry but I have so much going on right now and I feel so alone. Im just holding everything in and it's just too much. A..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I just wish I could explain some stuff to Dr. Litwinson. I wasn't able to explain things while I was on the other medication. Honestly I wasn't able to. I don't..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " All I want is a chance to prove myself. I really need to redeem myself because now everybody thinks I am evil. I'm not a bad person. I'm really not. I just wa..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Litwinson has hurt me more than anyone else including my abusers. I trusted her more than anyone else in my whole life. She let me down big time. When I w..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I have malaria induced hysteria. I was going to see Dr. L. for it, but I've just read 64 horror stories written by 64 shattered souls, so forget it! Instead, I..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Litwinson's temper but yet I still wanted to work with her. And she has sworn at me but I still wanted to work with her. The reason I still want..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Litwinson, I need your help and support please. I can't process this because of how it ended and because I really really feel it is so unfair. It was like ..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Please Dr. Litwinson, please help me. You won't be sorry. I just feel this isn't right because things happened as a result of the severe side affects. If I even..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I'm not doing well. I am scared for my health. And I am scared of getting into trouble. I'm not a bad person. There was another time when I was upset and I was ..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I really don't know if doctors actually read these or not. At first I didn't think they did but now I'm not too sure. I think I am hoping that you will read th..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Litwinson is a wonderful Dr. She always listens to me and has amazing insights into me and my family. She is a big part of my stability. I have seen her for..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She helped me greatly and didn't come across as "therapist". More like talking to a good friend."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When things get bad she will abandon you. She doesn't keep promises Dr Litwinson doesn't care for her patients. She makes you feel that she will always be t..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When you least expect it, Dr. Litwinson will abandon you and kick you while you are down. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, she pulls the rug o..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I feel analyzed a lot lately. It is frustrating when I feel that she doesn't trust me. "

June 1, 2015
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

March 12, 2013