You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Laurie Litwinson

- [ ] It is frustrating to hear how everybody comes together for the evacuees. I understand that that situation is an emergency. They need a lot of support. I have also opened my doors to some and doing what I can to help. But the thing is that I have been struggling for months physically, mentally and financially and nobody could care less. I can't even afford to live anymore. It's too costly. I feel I don't belong anywhere and that I don't have a place here anymore. Any help I did have was taken away. It feels like everyone has abandoned me. I don't have any support anymore and no one to talk to. I was experiencing a mental breakdown which wasn't taken into account. Nothing was taken into account.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2016

With what Dr. Litwinson did to me and is still doing to me, my physical health as well as my mental health is in great danger. Also with what she has done, it has brought up some painful memories of when I was separated from my daughters. And all of those feelings that I have experienced during that painful time has resurfaced again. Dr. Litwinson gets you in a spot to trust her and then when you least expect it she pulls the rug from underneath you leaving you feeling very vulnerable. I'm even scared of leaving my home now. She left me with no support. She's probably satisfied that she did this to me. My life is completely over. She still wants to hurt me by dictating my life. And as a result I will have to die because I can't cope with any of this. I have no one to talk to. I feel alone in this dreadful world. The count down is on. I only contacted the college because I felt alone, lost, scared, abandoned, vulnerable and scared for the future and also because I felt hurt, real hurt and the assumptions that were made against me. I am scared of violence. There were factors that played a big part in my unusual behaviour. The medication was one factor. Going thru menopause was another factor. The last factor was that I was also experiencing a Mental Breakdown. I didn't stand a chance. Dr. Litwinson is or is supposed to be a psychiatrist. She should have changed my medication when I asked. Also I was having a Mental Breakdown. Isn't she a mental health professional? She should have realized what was happening. I should have been hospitalized, NOT abandoned after 12 years. I wasn't a bad person. I thought as a Canadian I had a right for good health care and to get better. Other people get treated better than me. Even immigrants get treated better.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

Dr. Litwinson has let me down. It was very unprofessional on how she handled things. And after 12 years of weekly appointments you would think that she would know a person. Well apparently she doesn't know me at all. For her to even think I could cause bodily harm to anyone. Someone has made it clear to me today that Dr. Litwinson did more harm to me starting with the termination and her continued efforts to destroy me. Laurie Litwinson should not have the title Dr. She had directed anger at me twice and when I show any anger she abandons me and then uses her "power" to have me banned from the Misericordia Hospital as well as the Cabrini Centre when I may need to have access to both. She also used her "power" to get me fired. She doesn't fill you in on what she is thinking in regards to her patients. She does everything behind your back. She is very suspicious of everything. Laurie doesn't ask you questions before she does something behind your back. She thinks she knows everything. Laurie breached my confidentiality with others. Laurie has caused me so much stress lately.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Litwinson is not a caring doctor. She is just like the rest of them. I know I made some bad choices and if given the chance I would apologize. That is more than I can say for Dr. Litwinson. She has also made some bad choices but that is okay. I didn't think that it would bother me as much as it did when she yelled and sworn at me. I guess it did but I didn't know how to confront her about it. When I was a child and I tried to talk or have a confrontation with my mother I would get abused. Therefore I didn't learn and I grew up being scared to confront. Last summer I began to hallucinate. I didn't realize at the time. I began seeing my deceased brother everywhere. He abused me when I was a child. I started to see him everywhere, even at work. I also started to see my mother at different places including in Dr. Litwinson' office. In fact the day I raised my voice and said something to Dr. Litwinson, I actually thought I said it to my mother. I actually saw my mother sitting in Dr. Litwinson' chair. And right after I said it, I didn't realize what I had said. I was confused as I didn't understand what had just happened. I wasn't able to explain any of this at the time. I didn't feel present. I'm not an evil person and I never would have talked that way to Dr. Litwinson. I do believe the medication that she had me on played a big part in my behaviour, as well as I was experiencing a nervous breakdown after I lost my job. Three weeks later Dr. Litwinson abandoned me which caused me to have a major mental breakdown. I should have been hospitalized instead. My medication should have been charged. I hate myself for the bad choices that I made and I can't live with it. I wasn't a bad person. Nor am I this evil person that Dr. Litwinson portraits me as. I just needed extra help. And I didn't realize I was hallucinating at the time. I have been able to reflect back on everything that had happened after my medication was changed. And now I am left feeling alone, abandoned, rejected, depressed, vulnerable, and scared for an uncertain future. I can't go on like this. I don't even know what to do with my current medication. I feel it needs to be adjusted and I don't have anyone to do that. So now what I ask myself. Death feels like the only thing that is left for me to do. Atleast I will be out of this emotional pain that I have been in since Dr. Litwinson abandoned me. I wanted so much to get better. I really did. I was enrolled in a couple of programs that I was looking forward to. It doesn't matter now. Nothing matters anymore. I am really going to miss my grandchildren the most. Not too long ago as one of my grandchildren saw me crying he asked me, "Why are you so sad grandma?" I quickly wiped away my tears. I can't remember what I told him but I know I couldn't tell him the truth, he is only 5 years old. I can't let him to see that again. Even if it means I have to take my own life. I just can't let him or his sister know just how depressed I really am. I want them to remember me as being happy or atleast happier like I have been not that long ago. So I have to die for them. How did things get so messed up?

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

This is the only stress that I have being abandoned the way I was and with no closure. It is even more stress than the recent death in my family. I feel Dr. Litwinson is out to get me and to ruin me. After the end of the month I won't be in this constant pain.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I don't know who to believe anymore. Judy has told me that Dr. Litwinson does care. I actually did believe it. A fool I was to believe that. And the secretary that retired told me how well I was doing just a day or so before she left. She also told me to keep up the good work and I promised her I would. I guess I let her down too along with everybody else.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

I would have gotten better. I know I would have. I just couldn't do it on my own. Nobody will help me. I don't have any support. And Dr. Litwinson thinks the worse of me. I wasn't a bad person. If I was I wouldn't have opened my doors to the evacuees, amongst the other things I have done to help them. If I was this terrible person that Dr. Litwinson thinks I am I wouldn't have a heart. And she is telling everyone that I could harm her. That is a joke. I'm as harmless as can be. This is just too stressful for me. I would have gotten better. Dr. Litwinson thinks that she knows everything just because she is a psychiatrist. Just because she has her degree in psychiatry doesn't mean that she knows everything. She is totally wrong about me. Because of her my depression has gotten worse. This is the worse it has ever been because of Dr. Litwinson. And she keeps making things worse for me by still dictating my life. I have been like a prisoner in my house because of Dr. Litwinson. I have been so scared to leave my house in case I run into her. I'm afraid that she will tell her lawyer that I am stocking her. I have been so terrified to leave my own house. I can't live like that. My grandchildren are the only ones to suffer after I am gone, but I don't want them to see me so depressed. They deserve better.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Dr. Litwinson has put a child at risk of being abused.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

Sorry Dr. Litwinson. I didn't know my friend was going to post something. She is very protective over me. But it is true that I was experiencing a mental breakdown. I'm not the evil person that you are portraying me as. I would never harm you or anybody else, never. I could never no matter what. And I'm not this bad person that you think I am. I'm not. I'm really not. But you do need to know the whole story about my last job. There is more to it. And you are the only one I will confide in as I remember now exactly what happened and that I am thinking more clearly now.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2016

This is a message for Dr. Shitwinson. Leave my friend alone. Haven't you done enough damage. Angela has not been back in that building. What you saw in the stairwell was old. Also Angela is no threat to anyone. She couldn't even hurt a fly. You call yourself a psychiatrist? That's funny because of how you handled everything especially my friends termination. And now you are having your patients put my friend down. Why did you choose that profession in the first place? So you can make people feel worse? You were her doctor for about 12 years so you should have known something wasn't right. And you should have known what she is like as a person. Angela was apparently suffering from a nervous breakdown after losing her job. And you a psychiatrist couldn't tell? And while she was suffering a nervous breakdown you make it worse by terminating her care. Then her nervous breakdown got worse and she totally lost it. She needed to be hospitalized instead of having a routine disrupted the way it was. All Angela ever wanted and needed was a chance to explain things to you. But you wouldn't give her that chance to explain everything. What kind of a person are you anyway. You would rather see her complete a suicide. She's feeling very vulnerable right now because of you and it wouldn't take much to put her over the edge, literally. But that is what you want isn't it.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Laurie Litwinson's Credentials

AHC

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "- [ ] It is frustrating to hear how everybody comes together for the evacuees. I understand that that situation is an emergency. They need a lot of support. I ..."

May 14, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " With what Dr. Litwinson did to me and is still doing to me, my physical health as well as my mental health is in great danger. Also with what she has done, it..."

May 13, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Litwinson has let me down. It was very unprofessional on how she handled things. And after 12 years of weekly appointments you would think that she would kn..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Litwinson is not a caring doctor. She is just like the rest of them. I know I made some bad choices and if given the chance I would apologize. That is mor..."

May 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is the only stress that I have being abandoned the way I was and with no closure. It is even more stress than the recent death in my family. I feel Dr. ..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I don't know who to believe anymore. Judy has told me that Dr. Litwinson does care. I actually did believe it. A fool I was to believe that. And the secretary t..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I would have gotten better. I know I would have. I just couldn't do it on my own. Nobody will help me. I don't have any support. And Dr. Litwinson thinks the wo..."

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Litwinson has put a child at risk of being abused. "

May 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Sorry Dr. Litwinson. I didn't know my friend was going to post something. She is very protective over me. But it is true that I was experiencing a mental break..."

May 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This is a message for Dr. Shitwinson. Leave my friend alone. Haven't you done enough damage. Angela has not been back in that building. What you saw in the stai..."

May 5, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Nobody understands what it's like to live with a mental illness unless they themselves experience it. And nobody understands what it's like to experience stigma..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It would have past. It would have past just like the other times. I had a written game plan in my hand when you gave up on me. I needed more help but instead..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I never meant to be such a problem. All I ever wanted was a chance. Is that too much to ask for? I guess I don't deserve it. I'm tired, so tired of being depre..."

April 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I know I'm not a bad person. I just wanted a chance to get better. Don't I deserve that just as much as her other patients? I guess not. I didn't ask for this..."

April 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I just got another psychiatrist. I don't like her. I only saw her once so far and my first impression of her isn't good. During the appointment she basically ..."

April 12, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Why did I have to mess up everything? Why? Because I am stupid. I am so stupid. I must be stupid because I didn't know how to express myself and explain how ..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wish things were different. If I wasn't on my previous medication things would have been different. The only stress I have is not seeing Dr. Litwinson any mor..."

April 11, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I know it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour because as soon as I was off of it my thoughts, feelings and behaviour had all stopped. Also my ho..."

April 10, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I know that it was the medication that caused my unusual behaviour because I never in my whole life acted the way I did. Also as soon as I was off of that medi..."

April 9, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Litwinson, I don't know if doctors actually read these but please I need your help. I know I made stupid stupid mistakes that I will regret for the rest o..."

April 6, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Thank you Dr. Litwinson. Thank you for leaving me feeling vulnerable. I have no support. Either nobody will see me or I can't afford the parking. And you know I..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I can't stop shaking. This is the worse that I've been. I can't take no more. Why did I have to be so stupid. Why? Why did I have to ruin everything? I'm such a..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Had a dream last night. Was driving around the mountains. Spotted an opening so I accelerated and drove off. I died as soon as I crashed at the very bottom wh..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Thank you Dr. Litwinson. Thank you for leaving me feeling vulnerable. Thank you for abandoning me when you made me think and feel you wouldn't do that by sayi..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I never wanted to die before. I only wanted the pain to stop. It is different this time totally different. I don't have a choice. I have no support. Everybody h..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Why do you have to assume everything? Why? Why? That one day you assumed I was staring at your top. I actually spaced out until you moved your arm. I didn't mea..."

April 4, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "It really makes me wonder if Dr. Litwinson set me up to fail. When she restarted my medication at a higher dose I asked her about it. She responded it would be ..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Getting all the info I need for PAD emailed to me. Now I just need to have loose ends tied up before I go home. Where I am going is a much better place than h..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Just went to see a doctor to see if she would assist me with physician assisted death. I told her how things became so complicated and this unbearable pain that..."

March 30, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I only had one wish. I wished that Dr. Litwinson believed me that it was in fact the medication that caused my very unusual behaviour. If only I had a chance ..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was eager to drive out of town tonight to carry out my plan if it wasn't for my migraine. I was all ready and began the drive when I got my migraine. I won'..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "After just reading some notes it just made me realize just how much of a looser that I really am and how i always ruin everything. I have no support in this fri..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I feel extremely hurt. I want this hurting to stop. I need the hurting to stop. Dr. Litwinson wasn't the first to reject me. She was just one of many. However..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My whole life I felt like a reject. I thought for the first time in my life that I finally found someone that actually listened to me. Someone that was understa..."

March 29, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wonder if Dr. Litwinson would have abandoned me if I had cancer or MS or if I was a diabetic instead of this mental illness. The answer would be no she wouldn..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I want to die now. I hate life more and more each and every day since Dr. Litwinson gave up on me. I know I wasn't a bad person. And it was totally out of my ch..."

March 28, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I wish that Dr. Litwinson believed me about the side effects that affected me a great deal. She knew the kind of person I was after all I was her patient for 12..."

March 26, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I guess not all psychiatrists knows or understands the effects of their medications. A different psychiatrist even told me a few months ago about the effects of..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have never hated life so much as I do right now. I didn't even have a chance to explain things to Dr. Litwinson. Life isn't fair. It really isn't. I wanted so..."

March 25, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " All I ever wanted was a chance. A chance to get better. A chance at a life worth living. A chance to watch my grandchildren grow up. There was a time I was do..."

March 24, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I don't understand why bad things keep happening to me. I was never a bad person. I was always kind to everyone. I always considered other people's feelings. An..."

March 23, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Life sucks. The mental health system sucks. Psychiatrists think they know everything. Dr. Litwinson sees criminals or a patient that is psychotic would just be ..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " My life is a huge mistake. My whole life was affected with abuse. I have witnessed and experienced all types of abuse as a child and as an adult. Because of m..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "While tucking my grandson in bed a couple of nights ago he asked me to sing him the lullabye that I use to sing to him. I haven't sung it to him in ages. As I s..."

March 20, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "In my opinion there are better psychiatrists out there far better than Dr. Litwinson. Ever since she has yelled and sworn at me i never felt completely safe wit..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I made an informed decision. I am applying for physician assisted death. I don't have any other choice. I just can't take this pain anymore. I just can't. I hav..."

March 18, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My medication isn't working and I have nobody that will follow me. Alberta Mental Health doesn't follow patients apparently. So I am now completely screwed. I..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " I am feeling so discouraged. I am all alone with no support. My medication had stopped working. I hate life so much. I hate myself. All I wanted was a chance ..."

March 17, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was really messed up for a little while. But I won't take all the blame. It was that medication that affected me a great deal. But still I screwed up so bad...."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I'm just having a real bad day. I'm sorry but I have so much going on right now and I feel so alone. Im just holding everything in and it's just too much. A..."

March 16, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I just wish I could explain some stuff to Dr. Litwinson. I wasn't able to explain things while I was on the other medication. Honestly I wasn't able to. I don't..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " All I want is a chance to prove myself. I really need to redeem myself because now everybody thinks I am evil. I'm not a bad person. I'm really not. I just wa..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. " Dr. Litwinson has hurt me more than anyone else including my abusers. I trusted her more than anyone else in my whole life. She let me down big time. When I w..."

March 15, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. " I have malaria induced hysteria. I was going to see Dr. L. for it, but I've just read 64 horror stories written by 64 shattered souls, so forget it! Instead, I..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I have seen Dr. Litwinson's temper but yet I still wanted to work with her. And she has sworn at me but I still wanted to work with her. The reason I still want..."

March 13, 2016
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Litwinson, I need your help and support please. I can't process this because of how it ended and because I really really feel it is so unfair. It was like ..."

March 11, 2016
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Please Dr. Litwinson, please help me. You won't be sorry. I just feel this isn't right because things happened as a result of the severe side affects. If I even..."

March 9, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I'm not doing well. I am scared for my health. And I am scared of getting into trouble. I'm not a bad person. There was another time when I was upset and I was ..."

March 8, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I really don't know if doctors actually read these or not. At first I didn't think they did but now I'm not too sure. I think I am hoping that you will read th..."

March 7, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Litwinson is a wonderful Dr. She always listens to me and has amazing insights into me and my family. She is a big part of my stability. I have seen her for..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She helped me greatly and didn't come across as "therapist". More like talking to a good friend."

October 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When things get bad she will abandon you. She doesn't keep promises Dr Litwinson doesn't care for her patients. She makes you feel that she will always be t..."

October 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "When you least expect it, Dr. Litwinson will abandon you and kick you while you are down. Just when I thought things couldn't get any worse, she pulls the rug o..."

September 8, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I feel analyzed a lot lately. It is frustrating when I feel that she doesn't trust me. "

June 1, 2015
  • Accepting New Patients changed to "N"

March 12, 2013