Ratings for Dr. Tommy Dang

Dr. Dang performed a stereoscopic transsphenoidal resection of a pituitary macroadenoma (1.8 cm by 2.1 cm) in 2008. His care and concern before during and after the procedure was excellent. He was very efficient, knowledgeable and flexible re: the procedure as he had not previously performed a dual nostril accessed transsphenoidal resection. During a pre-op appt. w/ Dr. Ling, which Dr. Dang suggested, it was Dr. Ling who suggested this "new" route to get at my tumour. (a less invasive approach as it utilized my nostrils to access the sphenoid sinus rather than an incision behind my upper lip and breaking through my upper jaw) The procedure was a complete success.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Would just like to say thank you to dr.dang for the excellent work you have done on fixing my brain from my bad workplace injury.It is healing great,thank you!

flag | Submitted May 15, 2016

Dr. Dang a synonym for what it means to be a true Doctor, not only due to his expertise as a surgeon but due to his genuine care for patient’s overall health and amazing bedside manners. Grateful patient who wishes there are more Doctors of his caliber.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2016

We went for a follow up after having numerous other specialist appointments. What he told me did not make sense and when I went to question him, he stated that we needed to find a new doctor as he was retiring!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2015

My father had surgery on his back and he died a month to the day after his surgery. A report was made to the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario and the report came back that there were series concerns about the care he received from this doctor. Dr. Dang will have to appear before the board for a caution regarding these neglect concerns.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2015

After many visit and delays I finally had my surgery a year an a half of pure agony I now have my life back pain free now just the regular sore back that comes with over doing your limits. God bless you Dr. Dang

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Very professional Neurosureon. Dr.Dang performed a spine discectomy fusion surgery on Dec16,2014 and discharged me the day after. After seven weeks using cervical collar, I feel fine now. I rate him seven stars as I did not need any pain killer after I have been discharged from hospital. Sabah Haddad.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

Very smart leaves nothing to chance, wants to know everything about the problem, very knowledgeable and very caring for such a life or death profession.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2014

Dr. Tommy Dang was the on-call neurosurgeon who oversaw my care when I arrived at the emergency room with a CSF leak. He was very kind, thorough, professional, and extremely knowledgable. I felt confident in Dr. Dang's ability to perform the repair of my CSF leak. In the end my own neurosurgeon re-operated but I would have no reservations having Dr. Dang as my neurosurgeon!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2014

He has a very biased opinion based on his nurse practioner who perceives things in her own way rather then reality. She dismissed real pain that I experienced during her testing. She was cold and not very kind. My spouse couldn't believe the way she treated me. She blamed my pain on the pain meds I'm on when really I had this pain PRIOR to being on these meds. Dr Dang would not order a new MRI but went off the MRI from 2 years ago. I have since 2 years ago gotten worse. Hence why I was referred from a specialist to see him. I will NOT ever recommend him or his staff to anyone. I will be getting another opinion.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014