Ratings for Dr. Suzanne Carlisle

Doctor Carlisle has been mine and my family's dentist on and off for many, many years. The only reason not was from moving further away as the distance has me seeking a closer alternative. Since being a child I had always appreciated Dr. Carlisle's work. Numbing never seemed to have much effect on me but her general sense of care, passion and love of her work made me confortable in the chair. To be honest, she is known to me as a family friend which may seem quite biased, though I may convince you otherwise with what else I have to say. In the last year or so I had an "incredibly irritating yet minimal enough to ignore periodically" toothache that never seemed to go away. I first went to my (then) local dentist and explained the situation. They took x-rays, cleaned up and continued with the whole 9yards worth on it. They explained that it is probably from gum irritation and encouraged me to floss more (as I already could piece together). I then had weeks go by and still the issue would persist. Finally I had enough and chose to switch back to the name I could trust with my personal dental health and it was her. I went in and within minutes, they had mentioned that I was missing a certain amount of bone from the area where my wistom teeth may have been nixed out of during a surgery long past. How it was possible for any other dentist to not notice I was missing a few mm of bone is beyond me. The team continued to then irrigate, sanitize and flush out anything that was irritating it. Dr. Carlisle then continued to catch my attention when she showed me certain ways to knot the floss and take care of the problem areas. Honestly I was amazed by the simplicity in the pure vast amount of knowledge she has had ever since growing up and learning all these ingenious tricks and better ways of taking care of my health from her personally. I was lucky enough to have her perform my ortho as well. I couldn't be more happy with how my teeth have turned out. I rarely ever had cavities with herself watching over my dental work, not so much when I was with others. I see the concern in the staff issues, I'm sure she does too. The upselling was not much of a pleasure she took part of and I'm sure she found much distaste in the issue though I have not had the same issue many others have had throughout these reviews. I believe that Dr. Carlisle is one of the most knowledgeable, caring, gentle, and quite honestly astounding dentists I have been so gracious to have and I would reccommend her work to pretty much anyone, especially fussy children and dentist haters. I appreciate the work that has been done throughout my life and know it has given me more opportunity to worry about much bigger things than my dental work as it was always taken care of. I appreciate everything from Dr. Carlisle and will continue to see her for my dental work at any opportunity granted.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2016

Has been my dentist for over 16 years now. She has treated my family and friends. We all love her. She is nice, kind and very gentle. We are sad that she is only working one day a week at Rocky Point. Not really like the other dentists there. Wish she still owned the office - liked it a lot more then.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

Contacted my insurance provider for preapproval on crowns not needed or discussed. Impersonal, indifferent attitude and treatment by staff and dentists. Their blatant efforts to increase sales convinced me that the only motivation is to maximize revenue, often with unnecessary work positioned as essential. Completely untrustworthy and lacking credibility in my view. I would never go back.

Submitted November 8, 2015

Don't use Rocky point dental as they over charge you and say your insurance doesn't cover you. Very pushy staff. Shame as the dentist was good.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2015

Gentle, kind and nice. I had my teeth straightened and love them.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

I've been a patient for past 9 years. Dr Carlisle is gentle, kind and always pleasant. I don't like the recent office changes but will keep going there as long as she takes care of us.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

She and her staff are very rude. Do Not GO to this OFFICE EVER!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I have to agree that Dr. Carlisle is very friendly and professional but am concerned regarding her honesty and up selling . Ten months ago didnt have any cavities .. This year she's saying I have several cavities! And possibly crowns needed! I'm going to get a second opinion elsewhere, as this doesn't make sense . I floss several x daily , take care of my teeth.. Perhaps she's telling me too that I need all this work and really isn't all necessary . I also have extended plan so maybe shes taking advantage knowing I have that discount . Will see what someone else tells me .??

flag | Submitted August 1, 2014

Used to love this clinic when Dr. Strother looked after us, but more and more we end up with Dr. Carlisle. She is friendly and professional, but I object to her constant "upselling" of non-necessary services. She never fails to suggest follow-on visits for things that turn out not to be necessary when I ask careful questions, and we're always told in the next breath that our plan would cover it and/or how much it would cover. Whole experience feels less like dental care and more like a money grab. Customer service also on the decline - they've stopped sending reminder cards and last time we showed up for a booked visit only to be told they didn't have us in the system. We had to rebook for a few weeks later. With Dr. Strother retiring soon, we'll be looking for a new dentist.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2014

Dr. Carlisle and her staff are wonderful. I have been a patient for a long time and she has always treated me and my fear of dentists with a lot of understanding and care. The office is super nice and clean and the staff is really friendly. Everyone works hard to make sure they are gentle and caring. I never have to wait.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013