Ratings for Dr. Calvin Lei

Dr. Lei has been my GP for over twenty years. He's seen me through illnesses big and small and always did the right thing. If it something serious he'd refer me to specialist. He never prescribed medicine just to shut me up and get me out the door. The only time I've ever had to wait more than 10 minutes to see him were when I'd just walked with no appointment. For me, he's been a good doctor and I really couldn't ask for anything more.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017

His rudeness and blatant lack of concern is disturbing. He did not ask me about any allergies and prescribed me to a medication I was allergic to. Thankfully pharmacist caught it. Avoid him at all costs.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I went to the 790 Bay Street clinic to see the doctor, because I have a serious period and diarrhea happen at the same time. Meanwhile, I am a third year student at Uoft, and this is so called "Exam period" so that I have to in charge of two midterms, three assignments as well as one interview at the same week. The weakness and discomfortableness of my body is really killing me, therefore, I decide to see a doctor. However, when I met Doctor Lei at this clinic, HE WAS VERY RUDE!!!! He concluded that I was lying about my body to get a doctor notes, so that I can defer my midterm tonight even without examining my body. I do don't feel good, and I do not lie! I even said to him that I allowed one of the nurses to follow me to washroom to see if I am really on a period or not. But he just ignored, and said all I want is a doctor notes, so that I can avoid my midterm tonight. At last, he only gives me one doctor notes but without any medicine to help my body, just like all I want is the doctor note. Doctor Lei is very RUDE, IMPATIENT, AND GAVE ME INSULT. When I leave, I told to him, that I wanna him to be a BETTER DOCOTR, but he said, I shall be a good student. Well, FXXK THAT!!! I am a good student who never lies, but YOU ARE NOT A GOOD DOCTOR DEFINITELY !! The purpose of a doctor is to help patient, but you do not at all. HOW CAN YOU EVEN BE A DOCTOR ?

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

I went to the Lockwood Clinic from out of town because of the high reviews I heard from friends and family. At the Lockwood Clinic Dr. Lei was my 'walk-in' doctor. My appointment was at 5 and I didn't get in until 6 and he seemed very rushed. The nurse took my blood pressure and history before he came in and she was very helpful and asked a lot of questions. When Dr. Lei came in all he asked was "What do you want me to do?" I told him my history again and he then again stated "What do you want me to do?"... If I knew the answer to that I wouldn't be seeking help! I asked if he could order an x-ray and he said fine, then ran out of the room. He handed me the paper then said "Have a good day." I said what about the pain I'm having and he said "What do you want me to do"... shocking right? I said I don't know maybe physical therapy or medication. So he then ran out of the room again and handed me another paper this time with a prescription "Hope that helps". Then left the room. He was very unhelpful, unprofessional, and rude. I felt like a was wasting his time just being there. I've been on the medication for almost 2 weeks and had to stop because I was forming a stomach ulcer. If he asked about my history he would have known that never should have ordered. If it wasn't for the helpful pharmacist I could have been very very sick.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

Dr. Lei is VERY rude and condescending. He literally took 0.01 seconds to "diagnose" my problem and when I asked him questions about the diagnosis he became very condescending making it seem like I was questioning his "expertise". I wasn't. Patients always ask questions and I have never gotten an ATTITUDE from any other doctor for asking basic questions. Then after asking me twice TWICE what my allergies were, he proceeded to prescribe me... exactly the medication I was allergic to! Thankfully the pharmacist caught it and was able to get me the correct prescription. Don't waste your time with Lei, go see a real doctor.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2017

As long as you will take the latest sample drugs he offers you will do fine at this practice. He constantly pushes new marketed drugs that have devastating side effects. He does not check interaction with current drugs you are taking and does not check the side effects of the experimental drugs he prescribes. Very scary way to practice medicine and I pity his patients that are not checking the effects of the drugs he is giving them before they take them. I have been prescribed drugs that are currently under review because of the increasing danger for patients. (ie. reported mental disturbances leading to suicide in patients that never had suicidal tendencies previously, also risk to patients taking heart meds leading to possible heart attack, etc.) He needs to spend more time researching medication before he ever considers prescribing it to his patients. He may end up causing serious harm to someone one day.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2016

Stay away from this doctor. Very dismissive and judgmental like everyone saI'd.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

This doctor is the most evil person. He is racial and only favors his own people. He didn't treat me with respect.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2016

Very rude, dismissive, and unprofessional. I saw Dr Lei regarding food allergies, and he would not listen to my symptoms. He continued to make the same suggestion to me, even though I knew the particular food was not causing me any issues - he would not listen. He did not talk to me in layman language, rather he used medical terminology that meant nothing to me - upon asking him to explain, he simply told me that the medical field did not have a solution. He told me he could not help me, and walked out of the room, not offering any referrals to someone who could help me. Would not recommend this doctor to anybody.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2016

I feel divided about this Dr. The first time I saw him, about a year ago, he was dismissive and rushed me. Very much like what everyone is saying here. I saw him once more (walk in clinic) recently, and he actually took his time and say hi and everything. It's like he completely changed from last time. Maybe he has "his days". Which isn't really great for doctors.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016