Ratings for Dr. Sunny Bruce Korman

This is not a doctor for seniors. Speed-doctoring through visit, doesn't answer questions or address concerns and a sense of unease about his decisions/recommendations.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2019

I love Dr. Korman, my son has had the best care in his hands, I can't thank him enough!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

Very pleased with all the care for our 5 year old who had adenoidectomy, tonsillectomy, and ear tubes.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2018

I had a broken nose, he pushed it into place... A year later I realized it was still very crooked, he fixed it and a bone fell... Had a second surgery done and it's crooked (even worse) and my nose now whistles. Seen another surgert who told me I now have holes in my nose that he's willing to fix.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

After my 8 year old son had his 7th eardrum rupture we received a call from our ent (not Dr k) to come in in 2 days for surgery to put tubes in his ears. I declined this because our ent had not seen my son in over a year (his ruptures always happened while we were at the cottage, vacation or on weekends where we went to emergency). I called my family Dr who agreed not to see our old ent and said he would call me back with a new Dr to see. Later that day my Dr called back and said he got us in to see Dr Korman the next week at McMaster children's hospital. We went in to meet him and was very impressed with his exam of Lucas. He asked a ton of seemingly irrelevant questions (like did he blink his eyes tight, did he sniffle in hard through his nose) and more importantly really liked to confirm rytorical question of " I bet he does not seem sick or have a fever when his ear drum ruptures, does he?" NO, no he doesn't I said! Which is what I had told all the other Drs previously, and they said he must of been sick, I just didn't notice. Dr Korman sent us for an mri and cat scan a couple days later to realize he had a severe retracted eardrum caused by a cyst behind the inner ear Cholesteatomas, which if tubes were put in the front entrance of the ear would aggravate and certainly cause him to loose his hearing as the only way to see this cyst is through cat scan! After surgery to correct this (through the skull behind the ear, and making a new ear drum graft from the thin layer of tissue over a muscle above his cheek/temple) he corrected the cyst and filed down bones causing the problem. Dr Kormans follow up care and urgency for my son was appreciated, informative and efficient. We have followed up 3 times with him as there is a chance of reoccurrence but we are all good! His staff is excellent and well versed on after patient care. If you are fortunate enough to get a referral to Dr Korman I would count your child lucky!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2015

Did a below standard surgery job, never followed up properly. We not wish anyone to go through the experience we had wit Dr. korman

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

Dr. Korman is a blessing- He works along side our 4 year old daughter on a regular basis. He keeps us hopeful and positive and does some amazing work to help children with all kinds of conditions. Our daughter was diagnosed with a rare condition,J -RRP, at the age of 2!He was our first referral and we continue to see him for our procedures 4-6 times a year to remove the paplimomas that grow on her vocal cords. He takes precautions and approaches gently and with care. Without Dr. Korman's care and knowledge our daughter would not have a voice and possibly could not breath at all. He is a very compassionate doctor who takes the times to listen and will take time to call you at home if need be. He considers parents worries and concerns and is very respectable. We are so very grateful to have his support and he has made a huge impact on the quality of our dughters and our familys life.God Bless you Dr. Korman, we believe you have angel wings hidden behind your pleasentness.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2013

Dr. Korman saved my son's life. He was born with a cyst in his throat and was unable to breathe. His staff transported him from another hospital and performed emergency surgery. We were a patient of Dr. Korman's for a few years until he advised us that my son is in the clear. I will be forever thankful of everything he has done for my family, my son is here with us because of him. Many thanks to you and your staff, you eased my worries and were such a compassionate man. Bless you!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Dr.Korman is my favorite ent surgeon. He saved my life when I needed sinus surgery because I had a mucocele pushing against my brain. He was very calm and did what he had to do in order to help me. If it wasn't for him I don't know what I would have done or what could have happened. I have complete trust in Dr.Korman and I recomened him because he takes his time to listen to you and is willing to answer any questions you may have. Thank you Dr.Korman for all you help :)

flag | Submitted March 14, 2013

My child has a rare condition that he diagnosed immediately and got us into surgery quickly. His bedside manner is ok, he's pretty laid back and good with kids. He's great at taking time to answer questions but we found pit from our own research there was a lot he didn't tell us. just like any medical issue, always good to do your own research as well!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012