Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Choy

Dr Choy listens carefully and explores all angles to find out what is wrong. He never rushes me or my family members. He's got a good sense of humor too. We love Dr Choy !

flag | Submitted July 24, 2015

Wonderful, compassionate doctor. The best you can find. He listened carefully and didn't rush us. My daughter was with me and he addressed both of us even though she asked most of the questions. Didn't make me feel like I was an old person just tagging along. He addressed some issues that the previous doctor just glossed over. I'm feeling really good these days thanks to Dr Choy !!

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr Choy is a wonderful compassionate doctor. always takes the time to listen and explain. followed-up with phone call to see how I was doing. I have recommended him to my friends and family members for the best care there is.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. Choy is very compassionate and hardworking. He spends time with each patient and keeps excellent records. He still has my medical history from 23 years ago. I had an asthma attack some time ago and he opened his office just for me alone. I took my older family members and he was caring and knowledgeable, so now I am finally at an age when he will be of optimal benefit as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

I would never recommend him because my family has had very bad experiences with him.One time my dad was given only 5 minutes by the dr.to explain his ailments since there were too many patients waiting outside.Literally after 5 min. the dr. told my dad that he had to come back if he had anything more to consult!!That was the last time my dad went to him.He also uses a reference book when he is looking to prescribe something which is kind of scary because a lot of times he's like playing hit or miss with your health.Last but never least,I took my grandma to him one time she was in a lot of pain(his office is very close to where we live).We had to hospitalize her in the hospital where he works and since the day she got admitted we had a ver tough time getting a hold of him to discuss my grandma's condition. We feel that he didn't care to update us or maintain us informed on what was going on with her health and there was huge amounts of miscommunication between him and the specialist.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2008

This doctor is really open to listening to what you have to say rather than just dismissing it and doing what he wants. The only problem is he is overworked on most days.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2007

He's also a family doctor. One of the very best. He doesn't rush you in and out. Takes time to figure out your problem. From Hong Kong. Half Jewish. Very nice guy (controlled by Jewish wife).

flag | Submitted March 30, 2007

Dr. Lawrence Choy's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1979)