Ratings for Dr. Andrezej Buczkowski

He saved my life! Dr Buczkowski did my raptured pancreas surgery. Surrey Memorial hospital Surgeon had endorse me to him. I was transferred to VGH to be his patient in order to live. I was so thankful to God and second to Dr Buczkowski. I dead since last year without his help.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2016

I have nothing but great things to say about this surgeon. He provided the best care I could imagine, actually light years beyond what I imagined. His manner is comforting, consultations thorough and I believe he truly has the patients best interest at heart at all times. His office manager is wonderful, respectful and my experience was all 5's !

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr. Buczkowski saved my life ten years ago after a botched colon operation for cancer allowed the cancer cells to escape to my liver. Not only did he operate with skill (3 times), but took the time to study carefully the reviews on naturopathic treatments I was using to help me deal with the side-effects of a desperation, kill-or-cure chemo cocktail. His hard work and care are exemplary, as his his devotion to his patients' welfare. His great sense of humour is an add-on.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2016

Dr Buczkowski is a rockstar! Oversaw four surgeries over 12 days and I'm very grateful. I would put my life in this man's hands anytime. Thanks Dr Buczkowski.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

My relative was complaining about a lesion within the surgical incision 8 months after an abdominal surgery. When he asked Dr. Buczkowski to look at the area, the lesion size was no more than the size of a peanut, but Dr. Buczkowski didn't give him an evaluation even after repeated requests. As the lesion grew larger, to the size of a golf ball, he eventually had to approach a doctor of internal medicine after five months, who then ordered a biopsy. The results confirmed the incidence of metastatic cancer. My relative had to undergo an intensive operation thereafter, from which he never recovered. Because of the tardiness on the part of Dr. Buczkowski, my relative received a treatment much too late to be of benefit; he would have had a much better quality of life or would still have been with me.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2013

Thankyou Dr. B. for the excellent care you provided me during a stressful time. Your quick action saved me another 6 weeks in the loop. I don't know how you do it; the long hours in surgery, the aftercare you so compassionately provide, and your wicked sense of humour :) Your follow-up process makes us all feel well taken care of, and certainly sets my mind at ease. Your team was top-notch; they must all line up to be mentored by you.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2012

what an awesome doctor! he saved my life in April 2011. after having an ERCP done at St.Pauls hospital I became septic, when it was apparent that they were unable to do the surgery, they immediately sent me over to VGH and Dr.B he preformed emergency abdominal surgery. he may be a little blunt but he tells you as it is, as my husband can a test to. he is an extremely busy person and has no time for BS but if you are in need of surgery there is no better person to be holding a knife. he is also one to keep you in hospital as long as possible, I had to beg him to let me go home after 2 1/2 weeks, he was unwilling but did only after he made sure I would have the proper care as I am from northern B.C. I found him very nice and caring.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2012

I was under Dr. B.'s care from Sept 2009 - Apr 2011 as an inpatient and he still does followup on me. I had necrotizing pancreatitis and several complications. My chance of survival was slim. Dr. B. is wonderful. When I entered hospital several nurses told me 'Around here, we call him the miracle worker.' He is very knowledgable, well respected, funny and personable. He went out of his way to inform me and family of my situation each step of the way. The hours and care he puts into taking care of his patients is incredible. He leaves no stone unturned. The various teams that worked under him during my hospital stay were also top notch. This, to me, is a testament to his ability as a leader, teacher and mentor. He is very compassionate and caring. He sees us as 'people' needing care not 'patients' needing healing and because of that he looks out for us emotionally and not just physically. A rating of 5 is too low in my book.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2012

I asked him what he would do if the tables were turned and he said exactly the right thing to me. That was almost 8 years ago.I was given a short time on the universe until Dr. B came into my life.Dr. B saved my life! Brilliant surgeon.. kind knowledgeable and extremely caring.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2012

Dr. B recently met with our family to discuss my dad's options for pancreatic cancer. He was warm and kind and spent a lot of time explaining all aspects of my dad's future surgery and what to expect. He was very patient with our questions and gave us all the time that we needed. We are truly thankful that he will be the one caring for my dad. A wonderful physician!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011