Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Braverman

Only interested in money. Trying to charge me for a phone conversation with Dr. Braverman, extent of which was "Hold on, I'll transfer you". I'm sure Dr. Braverman is very knowledgeable but this whole operation seems to be about money, not health. Charged additional $200 each for some useless psych tests without warning. My husband and I spent $2,600 and got absolutely nothing for it. Our insurance spent thousands of dollars on tests, which I was able to get copies of after paying additional $27.00. Bunch of crooks, save your money and find someone ethical instead. Too bad Suzanne Somers recommends this doctor in her books and probably doesn't know how unethical his practice is. If you pay $10,000 per person Executive deal, you might get a decent service without being charged for every little thing. I would not go back.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

I wish I had read these reviews before going to see Dr. Braverman. Actually I never got to see him at all. I had similar experiences of being put through a slew of test that were never fully explained to me. I left with way too many vitamin supplements and prescriptions and a very low feeling. I don't think I will return for the follow up visit

Submitted April 5, 2010

Dr. Braverman is knowledgeable but spends 5 minutes with you, if your lucky. He makes his PA's spend the most time with you, then you see this other doctor, Richard Smayda instead of him. We have been seeing Smayda the last 4 visits with Braverman popping in for like 5 minutes. I did some research on Smayda and it turns out he got his license taken away in 2006 for sexual misconduct with 8 female patients! He went on probation. Not very comforting!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

Dr. Braverman's practice is on the right track for achieving total health. I believe the extensive testing is mostly done for his own research as well as helping his patients. By going to Path Medical you get the benefit of his knowledge and not a warm and fuzzy experience with him. The practice lacks good communication but they're nice.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Dr. Eric Braverman may be good at writing books or speaking but many of his tests were not necessary and expensive. He missed basic problems I had due to not doing a simple Lipid Fractions test. He also likes to prescribe SSRI's and Growth Hormone injections which may not be totally safe. Be very cautious if you are going to use him!!!!!!!!

Submitted December 22, 2009

Dr. Braverman does not listen, he made a diagnosis of my conditions after speaking with me for 1 minute on a totally different topic. His responses had little to do with why I had come to see him. The results of the tests seemed inaccurate and irrelevant. I definitely got the impression that his total focus was on generating the maximum income from each patient.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2009

As everyone else has said he is a very arrogant disgraceful excuse for a doctor!!!! It is not worth the agrivation you will go through with the unethical money grubbing situation to get the help, which under different circumstances could be good. the staff is really wonderful, which makes you wonder how on earth they put up with him. Its funny, but I was wondering why I only saw new patients there. I guess everyone figures out how unethical this office is in their billing practices! Dr Braverman should realize that his dishonesty is hurting his practice tremendously. So sad.....he really could be a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2009

Don't see this doctor! My experience at Path Medical was the worse experience I ever had with a doctor. While I was there I was subjected to a battery of tests that had nothing to do with the purpose of my visit. Dr. Braverman was very rude to me and to his staff. This is not the appropriate environment for wellness. I was shuffled from one physician's assistant, to his office, to another physician so I received 3 different opinions on the problem I came to see him about. Dr. Braverman did not listen to me and as a result prescribed medicines that were contradictory to my current situation. He was however on the phone 3 times during the brief converstion he had with me perhaps that is why he came to the conclusions he did. I will not go back to this office again.

Submitted March 26, 2009

This guy is very, very, smart. But very, very smart and being a decent human being are not mutually inclusive. And indeed, he can and does help some people. But it is hit or miss with him. Mostly miss. Overall my experience was the same as many of the negative ratings here. Insensitive, arrogant, poor listener. (He prescribed a supplement that contraindicated what I already was taking-which I had told him about). Our short consultation after all those excessively costly, uneeded tests was a disgrace. He was in such a hurry it was ridiculous. This man cared little about what I had to say. This was evidenced by all the interruptions, phone calls, dictating to an assistant by his side, all while sitting behind his desk. It was as if you were interrupting what he was doing-and the truth was, I was. The almighty dollar has an evil grip on this poor excuse of an human being. And a Doctor no less......shame,shame. He even can be found hawking his books on Benny Hinn's tele-evangilist program.

Submitted March 5, 2009

I was shocked when I read the other reviews. Dr. Braverman isthe most knowledgeable, intelligent, helpful doctor that I have ever been to. I spent 15 years of my life with no energy,in pain, extreme malaise, depressed, and almost fully disabled from work. I went to doctor after doctor hoping and praying that someone would help me. I was sick all the time, I could not leave my house other than to work for a few hours a day 2 times a week, which left me completely exhausted, for the rest of that day and the entire next day. THe worst part of all was that I was still a teenager. This battle continued through my 20's. I was told to stop working and go on disability, but since I was so young, I was told it might take years to get disability. That was not an option b/c I had such high medical costs. I was almost 30 when I found dr. B. From the first visit I knew that my prayers were answered. I feel better than ever and continue to feel better with each passing day. HE SAVED MY LIFE!!!

flag | Submitted January 12, 2009

Dr. Eric R. Braverman's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1983)