Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Braverman

From my experience Dr. Braverman is one of a kind physician, out on his own in knowledge, great ideas that heal and with concern for his patients. His treatments work. Prior to visiting Dr. Braverman I attended 3 MD’s without recovery benefit. Now I am 100% recovered from a multitude of ailments. Why would I consider going elsewhere when all my health/medical needs are met in one place PATH Medical? Money is never an issue at PATH. Anyone going through rough and unstable times can speak with a staff member there and work things out without compromising ones treatments and recovery. Good health to all, and may God bless Dr. Braverman. (A grateful patient)

Submitted March 3, 2012

My experience with Dr. Braverman & Path Medical has been amazing. PRICELESS--HE SAVED MY LIFE! He & his staff were able to do for me what no other dr in over 25 yrs ever has in successfully treating my depression & addiction. I'M NOW LIVING THE LIFE I'VE ALWAYS DREAMED OF!...this happend as a direct result of HIS WISDOM & EXPERTISE! Even though the initial intake process & testing was lengthy & somewhat exhausting, AFTER ALL, I'M HEALTHIER & HAPPIER THAN I'VE EVER BEEN!! THE EXPENSE OF MY TIME & $$$ WAS WELL,WELL,WORTH IT! In hindsight, the state of the art extensive testing,although costly, was vital in pinpointing my ailments & pertinent for my treatment. THE ONLY THING I REGRET, IS NOT HAVING FOUND HIM SOONER!! Dr. Smyda,& my PA, Ellie Capria are exceptional! His entire staff was amazing! They preformed the testing & gathered the information for Dr. Braverman. Even though he multi-tasks & my consult with him was not as long as I would have liked, ALL MY CONCERNS WERE ADDRESSED!

flag | Submitted February 29, 2012

An experience in how a doctor runs a medical practice for pure profit & not for the patient's benefit, My first interaction w the practice was by phone & then an appointment set for 2pm on a Sunday. I arrived at the appointment at 1:30pm (assuming I would have to complete some paperwork). I was not seen by anyone until 4:00pm. At this time, I spoke to an administrative person who told me what the gross cost would be for testing but was not able to give me a breakdown of the costs or what tests were needed. During the next two hours, I had blood tests taken as well as others with no explanation on how these tests would provide diagnostic information for my medical concerns. I spent 20-minutes w Dr. Braverman who recommended the use of vitamins as he shuffled me off to his own vitamin store. My next visit was no different: paperwork - an attempt to sell more tests & vitamins - prior test results not back from lab - assistant physicians not prepared - a 4 hour waste of time.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2012

Visiting Braverman's office is like entering a money-hungry cult. They shuffle you from person to person, give you a personality test so simplistic and stupid that it would make a psych 101 student cringe, and then suggest meds such as Wellbutrin and Klonopin without even getting to know you. Dr. Braverman spent 45 seconds barking at me via speaker phone (and appears to be pathological in his inability to listen); I was then charged thousands of dollars for tests which did not even address the problem I came in for! Watch his staff smile as they push you to sign up for a "plan" that involves even more money -- again, like cult members trying to reel you in. Cannot believe this place is allowed to exist! It should be investigated. Until then, stay away!

Submitted January 9, 2012

If the preceeding negative comments were not enough to persuade you that this is NOT the place to get an answer to your urgent health care concerns, then let me add my voice. Besides trying to sign me up for a questionable "plan" while I hadn't eaten since 6 pm the day before, no one explains ANY of the tests, no one explains the COSTS of the tests, and you literally spend the ENTIRE day going through an exhausting array of tests and procedures only to spend a scant 5 minutes with Dr Braverman. Who recommends some random things, shoves a few prescriptions at you, then rushes out of the room (after making calls on his cell phone, or to himself on the landline - I swear!)...In short, it was the strangest, most upsetting experience I have ever had in a physician's office. What I'd like to know is - those of you who have had similar bad experiences - were you billed and did you pay??? AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!!!!!

Submitted August 23, 2011

Dr. Braverman is a very smart man but hopefully people that see him are smarter. I soon as I started filling out the stupid questions I realized this was not an ethical dr., he was in it for the money. Maybe he should take his own personality test? He is mean to his staff, I noticed how they rolled their eyes when he insulted them. Dr. Braverman should practice what he preches, his brain is not working properly, if he thinks his rude behavoir and weird personality is what a normal person should be like then watch out people! He can't even control his own behavior, how the heck is he going to fix someone else's brain? He is so strange, he doesn't seem like a very caring person, he's just in it for the money. The reviews speak the truth, do not go to Dr. Braverman, if you do, plan on going broke.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2010

Only interested in money. Trying to charge me for a phone conversation with Dr. Braverman, extent of which was "Hold on, I'll transfer you". I'm sure Dr. Braverman is very knowledgeable but this whole operation seems to be about money, not health. Charged additional $200 each for some useless psych tests without warning. My husband and I spent $2,600 and got absolutely nothing for it. Our insurance spent thousands of dollars on tests, which I was able to get copies of after paying additional $27.00. Bunch of crooks, save your money and find someone ethical instead. Too bad Suzanne Somers recommends this doctor in her books and probably doesn't know how unethical his practice is. If you pay $10,000 per person Executive deal, you might get a decent service without being charged for every little thing. I would not go back.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

I wish I had read these reviews before going to see Dr. Braverman. Actually I never got to see him at all. I had similar experiences of being put through a slew of test that were never fully explained to me. I left with way too many vitamin supplements and prescriptions and a very low feeling. I don't think I will return for the follow up visit

Submitted April 5, 2010

Dr. Braverman is knowledgeable but spends 5 minutes with you, if your lucky. He makes his PA's spend the most time with you, then you see this other doctor, Richard Smayda instead of him. We have been seeing Smayda the last 4 visits with Braverman popping in for like 5 minutes. I did some research on Smayda and it turns out he got his license taken away in 2006 for sexual misconduct with 8 female patients! He went on probation. Not very comforting!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2010

Dr. Braverman's practice is on the right track for achieving total health. I believe the extensive testing is mostly done for his own research as well as helping his patients. By going to Path Medical you get the benefit of his knowledge and not a warm and fuzzy experience with him. The practice lacks good communication but they're nice.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2010

Dr. Eric R. Braverman's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1983)