Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Braverman

Dr. Braverman is good for hormone replacement therapy. I do not know more about his practice. The problem with his practice is that he routinely orders unnecessary tests apparently to make more of a profit. Some of the tests are helpful. I would say that in my particular case about 40% of them provided no clinical benefit or correlation with my own particular problem. At least 40 % could be eliminated. He pressures you into buying these extra tests as something necessary. If you are a millionaire and are curious about these tests go for it. I believe that for the patient on a disabilty income, about 70 to 80% percent of these tests could be eliminated without any health risk to provide the maximum benefit for the money paid. Overall he is too expensive for the typical America.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2016

This is s very smart doctor and he has helped a lot of people / he is brief but always spot on / they do not explain the tests but this is part of diagnosing you. I knew my issues and he filled me in and even discovered more - very quickly. To me this is efficient and correct treatment and I am now 100% again after years of illness

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Only useful service was blood tests/results. Resented wasting my time and money completing a personality test for their convenience alone. Result of a brain parameter test asked to do was never given. Seen by a PA. Saw Braverman 5 mins. Odd-ball human. Should stick to writing books.

Submitted March 28, 2016

I was a patient at the path clinic several years ago. After I arrived from Long Island for my appointment with Dr Braverman called in from NJ to say that he couldn't make the appointment. He prescribed effexor for me, a toxic drug that I discontinued taking because of severe side effects. It did not help me. The handling of billing by clinic staff was chaotic. Overall not a good experience.

Submitted June 14, 2015

I was told I could get a Sunday appt. I confirmed it the morning of..and after taking a train from Long Island, only to find out he didnt come in. What a huge lie. It felt like a mill...stations set up for blood, brain test, osteoporosis, etc. When I declined the osteo test the tech became angry. I was there for 8 hrs. The Russian Dr. Was beligerent, sarcastic, I had waited 90 min to swe her and she looked at her watch after 1 question and got up after 2 minutes and said ahe had to leave. They uswd a scare tactic w tye results od the brain test-telling me I needed Bravermans line of supplement. He told me on the phone follow up I was depressed, 40 lbs overweigjt, and defiant..based on the findings of a ridiculous questionaire without EVER HAVING MET ME. He doesn't deserve my trust or loyalty! I was a non human source of income. It took me monthes to get over this very abusive experience. He played on my vunerablities and used " I am holier than you..I a dr. on a pedistal". SHAME ON YOU DR. BRAVERMAN...SHAME ON YOU!!!! YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE TRUST OF YOUR PATIENTS.

Submitted May 28, 2015

HOW in the world is this "doctor" still licensed. I had the worst experience of my life at his office. I came in very sick after being told not to go to the emergency room by his office manager. My electrolytes were very unbalanced at the time as the blood test later indicated and I couldn't think straight! They charged me $1000 for takingb some worthless ultrasounds. I was never seen by the Dr and was sent home after trembling and hungry in his office for four hours. I was given a sleeping pill prescription after NINE viles of blood were taken from me when I was already compromised all in the name of testing for everything....I left the office very violated and feeling awful. IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AND MONEY, STAY AWAY FROM THIS CON ARTIST.

Submitted April 23, 2015

Excellent staff and doctors Just realize it's very expensive

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

My experience was the same as the others listed here. I looked on the internet before going but didn't scroll through enough pages to get past all his hype and the book listings. He is clearly a sick man, unable to have a simple conversation without stopping every minute to berate his staff and repeat his blurbs about how incredible he is. I came to him for emotional issues resulting from snri withdrawal, interested in the brain analysis. I had read "The Edge Effect." He went wild because I am overweight and told me my life is a "disaster" because of my body fat ratio. Then he prescribed (among many other things) an amphetamine. I also had to practically wrestle him to the floor to get him to remove the ssri prescription. He would not listen to anything or review my tests. At the initial sign the contract discussion He sent in Dr. Smayda when I was clearly upset with his obnoxious behavior and refusal to hear what I was there about. When I questioned why I needed an echocardiogram since I have no cardiac or blood pressure problems, Dr. Smayda said it was because Dr. Braverman would probably want to prescribe some medication for weight loss. When I asked what medication he wouldn't say. I pressed, asking what kind of medication and he still wouldn't say. Now I know why. Who in this day and age thinks that amphetamines are a wise choice for weight loss? Maybe if one were desperate...but I don't even have a significant weight problem, or care! Easy weight loss and "uppers" are a way to hook people, nothing to do with health. I also think that the good ratings must be keeping phony.

Submitted February 20, 2015

Here’s one for you… Thanks to hormone treatments from Dr. Braverman and PATH the hair on my head is growing again. Oh My Goodness! Being 56 and having experienced handfuls of hair coming out in the wash for over a decade, I was flabbergasted and DELIGHTED to have my hairdresser comment about all the new hair growth she was noticing during my last six months of stylings. I have been in the Executive Health Program at PATH for about two years and do not regret one penny or one minute of the experience. I have also read many of the comments on this and other websites and don’t understand why so many judgments regarding Dr. Braverman are based on whether he is “sweet and cheap” enough. Why would anyone base the quality of their medical care on how sweet and cheap their doctor is? Why not base it on how much better you feel and look, as well as on how much more you can accomplish as a result of being healthier? Thank you Dr. Braverman and PATH Medical for continuing to improve my quality of life through better medical care.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

I made an appointment to see a doctor in the practice - I was forced to pay for the medial consultation prior to seeing the doctor - at the biller's office, I was then also presented with a large list of very expensive medical tests that the office demanded I commit to PRIOR to the medical consult- AFTER PAYING FOR THE MEDICAL CONSULTATION, I WAS THEN REFUSED THE CONSULTATION WITH THE DOCTOR!!! THIS IS A BUNCH OF CHARLATANS - WHO WANT YOUR MONEY WITHOUT PROVIDING A MEDICAL SERVICE - PATIENTS BE AWARE !!!!

Submitted January 22, 2015

Dr. Eric R. Braverman's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1983)

HIP