Ratings for Dr. Eric R. Braverman

Considering the number of detailed negative complaints, it is puzzling that New York's licensing authorities have not done anything to stop Braverman. I know they have received complaints, but perhaps not enough. It would help if people who feel he has abused them complained to the licensing board;

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

Drove my wife in for an appt. Forty five minutes after she began the grueling ten hour initial consultation visit, Braverman passed me by in the waiting room and asked what I was waiting for. Seconds later another MD in scrubs came out to greet me and "just explain what we do here". I responded " I get it, it's slow, he sent you out fishing in between patients". I agreed to four hundred dollars in blood work for the heck of it. A ridicules 50 page questionnaire that I just breezed through for laughs and twenty minutes later I'm in the billing office with a diagnosis of hypothyroidism and he also told me I was a sociopath. Ten thousand to start would begin the "healing" practice. Problem is that I am a Registered Psychiatric Nurse and I know a little bit about these things. What? Sociopath? Also told me I was diabetic although my A1c levels were on the high but within range, even though I had a raisin bagel an hour before walking in and Chinese food last night. My BP was really high 190/100, an obvious concern, which HE NEVER ADDRESSED. But he did try to sell me a hundred supplements and charge me 10,000. Oh boy is this a pushy sales oriented money machine. He might be a genius, maybe, but he sure is hungry and his staff reflects it. Take 2 teaspoons of Apple cider vinegar everyday and maintain regularity, and you will outlive all your enemies as I have. I'm 64 years old and on no meds, and this guy is telling me I'm crazy and diabetic. I did cut out the salt and my BP is about average in three weeks. Think about it first

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Horrible person! Read the Assurance 14-222 by the NY OAG Health Bureau before you try this doctor. This guy has been scamming people for over 20 years; had his license suspending by the NJ BME and PA MB before incorporating into Path Medical so he could avoid disciplinary action. Even though I didn't want the garbage he tried to sell me, he got my poor old mother to pay for a contract and then won't refund her money even though she rescinded in writing in 72 hours and didn't use any of the services. He used the forms required to fill out in the 50 page medical history they give you to claim "tests" were provided and since the services were used she won't get the refund! They don't do any medical evaluations or give test results after they administer them, and if you keep asking, they print something from a computer and charge you $400 as a separate fee in addition to what you paid for the tests. His staff seems to know the whole thing is a croc, but I caught them arguing over me like sales people competing for territory, so I think they get paid on a commission basis or something like that. I thought it was strange that a PA would say thing like, "I need her to fill this out because it's part of my thing," and then the other PA to say, "This is just not right, this is my thing. ("But my thing isn't done yet") No, you just can't do that. This is just....(shakes head)"

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Forget this Guy. Extravagant charges. Arrogant andcondescending

flag | Submitted August 20, 2015

flag | Submitted June 20, 2015

I was a patient at the path clinic several years ago. After I arrived from Long Island for my appointment with Dr Braverman called in from NJ to say that he couldn't make the appointment. He prescribed effexor for me, a toxic drug that I discontinued taking because of severe side effects. It did not help me. The handling of billing by clinic staff was chaotic. Overall not a good experience.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2015

Dr Braverman and his team are experts at one thing and one thing only - dishonestly taking your money and lots of it! And even if they agree to refund you for services they never planned on providing, Dr Braverman will lie and do everything he can to evade honoring this agreement. This has happened to so many people that its shocking there is not a class action lawsuit against this guy and wonder why the New York State's Medical Board has done nothing to investigate his highly questionable business practices and lack of ethics. The Better Business Bureau has given an "F" rating to PATH Medical because it failed to respond to four complaints made in 2012 or 2013 about its financial practices. Three of the complaints stated that PATH Medical had failed to refund payments made in advance for services that had been canceled or otherwise not received. The RateMD site has reviews from many people who are highly dissatisfied with their experience at his office. Stay well away from Dr Braverman! http://www.quackwatch.com/11Ind/braverman/overview.html

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

I was told I could get a Sunday appt. I confirmed it the morning of..and after taking a train from Long Island, only to find out he didnt come in. What a huge lie. It felt like a mill...stations set up for blood, brain test, osteoporosis, etc. When I declined the osteo test the tech became angry. I was there for 8 hrs. The Russian Dr. Was beligerent, sarcastic, I had waited 90 min to swe her and she looked at her watch after 1 question and got up after 2 minutes and said ahe had to leave. They uswd a scare tactic w tye results od the brain test-telling me I needed Bravermans line of supplement. He told me on the phone follow up I was depressed, 40 lbs overweigjt, and defiant..based on the findings of a ridiculous questionaire without EVER HAVING MET ME. He doesn't deserve my trust or loyalty! I was a non human source of income. It took me monthes to get over this very abusive experience. He played on my vunerablities and used " I am holier than you..I a dr. on a pedistal". SHAME ON YOU DR. BRAVERMAN...SHAME ON YOU!!!! YOU DO NOT DESERVE THE TRUST OF YOUR PATIENTS.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2015

HOW in the world is this "doctor" still licensed. I had the worst experience of my life at his office. I came in very sick after being told not to go to the emergency room by his office manager. My electrolytes were very unbalanced at the time as the blood test later indicated and I couldn't think straight! They charged me $1000 for takingb some worthless ultrasounds. I was never seen by the Dr and was sent home after trembling and hungry in his office for four hours. I was given a sleeping pill prescription after NINE viles of blood were taken from me when I was already compromised all in the name of testing for everything....I left the office very violated and feeling awful. IF YOU VALUE YOUR LIFE AND MONEY, STAY AWAY FROM THIS CON ARTIST.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Really bad experience. Do your homework before you walk thru those doors.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

Dr. Eric R. Braverman's Credentials

• New York Univ Sch Of Med, New York Ny 10016 (Grad. 1983)

GHI
MSP/BC Med
Oxford

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Considering the number of detailed negative complaints, it is puzzling that New York's licensing authorities have not done anything to stop Braverman. I know th..."

December 22, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Drove my wife in for an appt. Forty five minutes after she began the grueling ten hour initial consultation visit, Braverman passed me by in the waiting room ..."

November 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Horrible person! Read the Assurance 14-222 by the NY OAG Health Bureau before you try this doctor. This guy has been scamming people for over 20 years; had his ..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Forget this Guy. Extravagant charges. Arrogant andcondescending"

August 20, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Insane asylum keep away!!! Dr. Braverman is abusive to patients and his staff.He gives out prescriptions that are not needed.They are dangerous scrips."

June 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient at the path clinic several years ago. After I arrived from Long Island for my appointment with Dr Braverman called in from NJ to say that he c..."

June 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr Braverman and his team are experts at one thing and one thing only - dishonestly taking your money and lots of it! And even if they agree to refund you for s..."

June 4, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I was told I could get a Sunday appt. I confirmed it the morning of..and after taking a train from Long Island, only to find out he didnt come in. What a huge ..."

May 28, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "HOW in the world is this "doctor" still licensed. I had the worst experience of my life at his office. I came in very sick after being told not to go to the eme..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Really bad experience. Do your homework before you walk thru those doors."

April 13, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. B, Please get some mental help. You're clearly going off the deep end. I'm a male who needed help with testosterone levels but was shocked by erratic behavi..."

March 18, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Excellent staff and doctors Just realize it's very expensive"

February 26, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr Braveman is a brilliant man who can and does help many people with there health problems. I was once addicted to cigarettes and alcohol and overweight , ti..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The worst medical experience of my life. Run away!!"

February 20, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "My experience was the same as the others listed here. I looked on the internet before going but didn't scroll through enough pages to get past all his hype and..."

February 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Here’s one for you… Thanks to hormone treatments from Dr. Braverman and PATH the hair on my head is growing again. Oh My Goodness! Being 56 and having experienc..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "This doctor is mentally abusive to both his patients and staff. He may very well be on drugs. Has a grandiose perception of himself to the point where he just l..."

February 9, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Screams at staff, writes prescriptions after 2 seconds just by looking at you. License should be taken away."

February 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I made an appointment to see a doctor in the practice - I was forced to pay for the medial consultation prior to seeing the doctor - at the biller's office, I w..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "A brilliant medical doctor, compassionate, silently generous and often misunderstood. I'm so blessed to have him and his PATH medical team looking out for me."

November 26, 2014
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "My own experience with Dr. Braverman was mixed. I learned A LOT about the brain and how it affects overall health. His staff helped me through a tough part of..."

November 14, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "A Scam!!! Many useless tests which you or your insurance company will get stuck paying for."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is Dr Eric Braverman`s office responding to 9/9/2014 review: While I empathize with you I believe you may have me confused with another physician. Our off..."

September 25, 2014
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Saw him a few years back. He is a rude condescending jerk... All he cares about is money. He was so rude to me and said I was too poor for his service. I couldn..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "After seeing Dr. Braverman a few times I can honestly and objectively say that he is a doctor who was probably the most rude, disrespectful, condescending and..."

September 19, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel better than when I first came to see Dr. Braverman in April 2103. I feel strong. I have a lot of energy. I have no pain in my joints. I can do so much mo..."

September 16, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I’ve never before met a Doctor so knowledgeable. I came to Dr. Braverman a few months ago after the fact that I have cancer now for 6 years. My time was running..."

September 15, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "THIS IS A SCAM. BUYER BEWARE! IT'S ALL ABOUT MONEY. READ ABOUT THIS DOCTOR'S CHECKERED HISTORY."

September 14, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Stay away. Agree with the CON MAN! $$$ review. Here's my experience: Sceduled an appointment for 1 pm on a Saturday. Ushered in to see the office manager at 3..."

September 9, 2014

July 9, 2013

June 15, 2013
  • 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

July 31, 2012
  • 2 negative duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

July 28, 2012
  • Specialty changed from "Neurosurgeon" to "Internist"

May 27, 2012
  • Specialty changed from "Internist" to "Neurosurgeon"

May 2, 2012