Ratings for Dr. Wilfred Steinberg

At 23 years old, and after a very traumatic experience with a referred OBGYN, (and after what was later found to be an unnecessary LEEP procedure) I was recommended to Dr Steinberg for my post-op appt. I literally left my appt in tears; I finally found a Dr that cared and restored my faith in our healthcare system. He wasn't just a Dr, he was a caring human being, which in my horrific experience with a lot of doctors, is hard to come by. He walked me through every single note and lab test in my file from my previous OBGYN (something my former Dr did not once care to do before pushing me into a LEEP procedure). In his own words, I was a "perfectly healthy 23 year old", so you could imagine my shock and anger for undergoing that procedure for literally nothing. Every biopsy result from my previous Dr showed 'negative'. I was to see Dr Steinberg every 6 months after that, until he felt that I no longer required these appts., when he felt 100% certain I was cleared of every potential 'scare' listed in my file. His assistants were incredible, and I didn't care how far or inconvenient it was for me to get to St Mikes. It has been a few years since that ordeal, and I refuse to see any other OBGYN. My only regret is that I was too scared and young to seek a second opinion. Had I of been recommended to Dr Steinberg sooner, that whole mess could have been avoided. I'm just thankful I found him when I did.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

A Doctor with a lot of experience and knowledge. He diagonized my problem as soon as he examined me . Thank you Doc. I am ever so thankful I was recommended to you 10 years ago.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

First time seeing this doctor and I love him already. He is a lovely man with a wonderful demeanor. If you get referred to him, consider yourself lucky.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Steinberg for the past 8 months for excessive bleeding/cramping and a number of side-effects in addition to this. He is compassionate, listens, takes his time to answer all of my questions, has an awesome sense of humour, ensures that all necessary tests/referrals are completed, and most of all, is EXPERT in what he does. I have always left his office feeling better and more confident in terms of my diagnosis and treatment plan. He is amazing. His secretary, Sophie, is fantastic. Thank you Dr. Steinberg.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

Doctor did not make me comfortable like someone else here who didn't feel comfortable about this doctor. I found another doctor.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2015

Fabulous doctor with a thorough approach to a complex issue. Really happy I was referred to him, and very proactive treatment plan.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2015

I know Dr. W. Steinberg for few years already and want just to thank him for his help and care. Doctor is a high professional and very nice person.

flag | Submitted July 3, 2015

He maybe knowledgeable but he made me feel extremely uncomfortable . He was way to familiar and it disturb me even after I left the office. Will find another gynaecologist .

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Great doctor. Very caring, thorough and helpful.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2015

I haven't been with him for long, but he is very nice and professional. I feel he is some one I could trust. And the staff is super nice and helpful, one time I was late for the early morning appointment, I called her to apologizing missing the appointment she just booked me two hours later no questions asked. I really appreciate that.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2015