Ratings for Dr. Wilfred Steinberg

I feel very disappointed. I had several problems, that I was worried about, and Dr. Steinberg did not take his time to speak to me and explain things to me. Because of my age (25 years old) he did not take my health issues as serious problems. (Problems that appear to be really serious now) After five minutes of speaking with him, he told me that I was wasting his time and I left with lots of questions that he never answered. And they are not organized in the office either. I came on time, actually ten minutes earlier and even though I had an appointment I was waiting there for one hour, finally he had a chance to see me and after five minutes of speaking "i started wasting his time". I think people who work in this sphere, should be more attentive and patient about their patients. And the fact that I'm young and my health issues can not be serious is crazy!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr. Steinberg is absolutely wonderful. I was referred to him at the colposcopy clinic at St. Mike's when I got some bad news from a pap. Him and his nurse were just awesome. They were matter of fact, but kind, sympathetic, and had a clear plan of action. At no time under their care was I worried. It's been a couple of years of follow ups to ensure no further troubles and Dr. Steinberg is always lovely. He engages you during the entire procedure, so you don't even have a moment to think about what's going on. Some people mention that he is too familiar and they make them uncomfortable. I understand where they get that impression, but I don't feel that way at all. He is warm and caring. Procedures with him are not cold and clinical. He speaks to you about what's going on in your life while guiding what he needs you to do with his hands. I, and clearly many other women, appreciate his approach. It makes you feel like he cares. It takes your mind off of the crummy thing that is happening in that moment. I cannot sing my praises of him and his staff enough. They're all just incredible and I can only wish that all of my medical needs could be taken care of by people like them.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr. Steinberg gave me very distressing news about my health, but did so in a way that was caring and clear. I felt that he was assuming total responsibility for ensuring that I get the best treatment. He is not a doctor who guesses, or who assumes, or who says things to try to sugar-coat. I am very fortunate to be in his care.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

My family Dr referred me to Dr Steinberg and I am so happy he did. I was treated very respectfully and compassionately. Dr S took his time to explain the issues and presented solutions. I thought I would have to simply live with my problem but he made me feel that everything could be resolved. I felt much better when I left his office.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Excellent, professional, very calm demeanour, very knowledgeable & thorough. Takes the time to explain your options, discuss your concerns. The perfect toconsult when anxious. Very thankful for this referral!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Steinberg took over for my gyno when my gyno retired. I had two visits with Dr. Steinberg, both were disturbing. The first visit I was alone with him in the exam room and he was very flirty and put his hands on my hips and started pulling on my hips and then gave the side of my bottom a little rub and then an little tap on both sides. It made me very uncomfortable. I have never had a doctor do that before. On my second visit he entered the exam room with a student doctor. When he started to pat my bottom I asked him not to do it and said I thought it was weird and that female doctors never do that. He turned to the student doctor who was observing and said "O.k so I touched the patient here (and then put both hands on either side of my bottom again) and she doesn't like it so we will put a note in her file. Most women are fine with it". When the exam was over the student doctor said bye to me and left the room. At that point Dr.Steinberg turned to me and told me that I wasn't to come back and gave me a prescription for medicine. I would like to take a moment to ask Dr.Stienberg how he knows that most women are fine with him rubbing and tapping their bottoms? Does he ask them? Or is he assuming they don't mind because they are in a vulnerable position and don't speak up.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Great Dr. I think the world of him. I unfortunately needed a surgeon so decided it was time to switch as I am having some more serious issues. I will miss him. He is one of the best.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

First time seeing D. Steinberg and thankful for the referral. He made me feel very comfortable. He was clear and took the time to listen. He was very knowledgeable and informative about my condition. I highly recommend him. BEST OBGYN so far.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

I've seen Dr Steinberg twice and so thankful for the referral. He made me feel extremely comfortable, and he was so knowledgable and detailed explaining my own anatomy and the difficulties I was facing. I felt like I was in the best possible care while in his office.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

This man is not only smart, skilled and very experienced. He is clear, careful and kind. He will take whatever time is necessary to ensure that you are properly cared for. I echo what another patient said below: consider yourselves extremely fortunate if you are referred to Dr. Steinberg.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016