Ratings for Dr. Wilfred Steinberg

My family Dr referred me to Dr Steinberg and I am so happy he did. I was treated very respectfully and compassionately. Dr S took his time to explain the issues and presented solutions. I thought I would have to simply live with my problem but he made me feel that everything could be resolved. I felt much better when I left his office.

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

Excellent, professional, very calm demeanour, very knowledgeable & thorough. Takes the time to explain your options, discuss your concerns. The perfect toconsult when anxious. Very thankful for this referral!

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

Dr. Steinberg took over for my gyno when my gyno retired. I had two visits with Dr. Steinberg, both were disturbing. The first visit I was alone with him in the exam room and he was very flirty and put his hands on my hips and started pulling on my hips and then gave the side of my bottom a little rub and then an little tap on both sides. It made me very uncomfortable. I have never had a doctor do that before. On my second visit he entered the exam room with a student doctor. When he started to pat my bottom I asked him not to do it and said I thought it was weird and that female doctors never do that. He turned to the student doctor who was observing and said "O.k so I touched the patient here (and then put both hands on either side of my bottom again) and she doesn't like it so we will put a note in her file. Most women are fine with it". When the exam was over the student doctor said bye to me and left the room. At that point Dr.Steinberg turned to me and told me that I wasn't to come back and gave me a prescription for medicine. I would like to take a moment to ask Dr.Stienberg how he knows that most women are fine with him rubbing and tapping their bottoms? Does he ask them? Or is he assuming they don't mind because they are in a vulnerable position and don't speak up.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

Great Dr. I think the world of him. I unfortunately needed a surgeon so decided it was time to switch as I am having some more serious issues. I will miss him. He is one of the best.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

First time seeing D. Steinberg and thankful for the referral. He made me feel very comfortable. He was clear and took the time to listen. He was very knowledgeable and informative about my condition. I highly recommend him. BEST OBGYN so far.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2016

I've seen Dr Steinberg twice and so thankful for the referral. He made me feel extremely comfortable, and he was so knowledgable and detailed explaining my own anatomy and the difficulties I was facing. I felt like I was in the best possible care while in his office.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2016

This man is not only smart, skilled and very experienced. He is clear, careful and kind. He will take whatever time is necessary to ensure that you are properly cared for. I echo what another patient said below: consider yourselves extremely fortunate if you are referred to Dr. Steinberg.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Ladies - don't look for your 'newest best friend' when looking for a doctor - choose the best. Dr. Steinberg found the cancer in my uterus (just by looking at the biopsy sample he had just taken...he knew). He made sure that I got the best surgeon and recommendation for procedure (robotic). I went to him because he was one of the doctors who knew what was going on with an issue that my daughter had (others thought it was bladder related). I recommend him highly - you don't mess around with cancer and he gave excellent care.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

At 23 years old, and after a very traumatic experience with a referred OBGYN, (and after what was later found to be an unnecessary LEEP procedure) I was recommended to Dr Steinberg for my post-op appt. I literally left my appt in tears; I finally found a Dr that cared and restored my faith in our healthcare system. He wasn't just a Dr, he was a caring human being, which in my horrific experience with a lot of doctors, is hard to come by. He walked me through every single note and lab test in my file from my previous OBGYN (something my former Dr did not once care to do before pushing me into a LEEP procedure). In his own words, I was a "perfectly healthy 23 year old", so you could imagine my shock and anger for undergoing that procedure for literally nothing. Every biopsy result from my previous Dr showed 'negative'. I was to see Dr Steinberg every 6 months after that, until he felt that I no longer required these appts., when he felt 100% certain I was cleared of every potential 'scare' listed in my file. His assistants were incredible, and I didn't care how far or inconvenient it was for me to get to St Mikes. It has been a few years since that ordeal, and I refuse to see any other OBGYN. My only regret is that I was too scared and young to seek a second opinion. Had I of been recommended to Dr Steinberg sooner, that whole mess could have been avoided. I'm just thankful I found him when I did.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

A Doctor with a lot of experience and knowledge. He diagonized my problem as soon as he examined me . Thank you Doc. I am ever so thankful I was recommended to you 10 years ago.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016