Ratings for Dr. Weiru Shao

One of the worst experiences I've ever encountered with a doctor by far. I was seeking help after suffering from chronic ear infections so I refered me to him. A complete waste of my time. He did not listen to my symptoms nor did his homework. He did not care for me nor did he care about investigating the cause. Told me the doctors I was seeing were misdiagnosting my infections as "just ear pain". Very condescending. He looked in my ear and that's it -all done. I would not recommend him at all! I left disappointed, unsatisfied and in the verge of tears because I left with no answer to the cause of my chronic right ear infections and on top the horrible experience he gave me. I'm going for a second opinion and definitely have requested NOT with him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Dr. Shao didn't seem to grasp the nature of the problem, seemed impatient, asked questions that were not helpful in identifying the problem and referred me to another specialist but did not explain why.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

He's very thoughtful and detail-caring. Very patient in answering all your questions. Before surgery he'd approach you, comfort, and encourage you. Also has very good medical training experience. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted August 7, 2009

Dr. Weiru Shao's Credentials

• University Of Utah School Of Medicine (Grad. 1998)