Ratings for Dr. John A. Ward

Dr. Ward seemed very uncompassionate when my elderly father was admitted to the hospital in a critically ill condition. When we requested to have a cardiologist placed on my father's case his response was, "That would be like calling in a gynecologist to treat him." After one week in the hospital, a cardiologist was referred to us by a doctor from ANOTHER hospital. Each time Ward came in on his rounds he seemed very defensive and really intimidated our family. He did NOT like to be questioned on the treatment plan. This seemed to offend him. He also commented on "how many patients" he had and that he "didn't have a lot of time to spend" with just one patient. Needless to say, we were very disappointed in this doctor. I wish he could view himself from the patient and family's perspective and see that he needs to improve on his empathy and compassion. I am sure that he would expect only the best for his family just as we do for ours.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2009

Dr. John A. Ward's Credentials

• University Of Mississippi School Of Medicine (Grad. 1985)