Ratings for Dr. Ian Stiell

This man absolutely wreaks of arrogance! He definatly thinks he better than everyone else, and IT shows with the way he treats and speaks to his co-workers! Very poor!!

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

This doctor looked after my son on Saturday and the care we received was excellent. We had gone to 2 emergency rooms in Quebec prior to coming to the Civic ER and frankly I was expecting the same answer of "we have no idea what's causing his symptoms". But Dr. Steel knew something was wrong and got a cat scan - and surely enough there was a real problem needing surgery. Very thorough and kind doctor. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Brilliant physician. Impecable care of my elderly mother. Thank you Dr. Stiell!

flag | Submitted February 8, 2015

Ivory tower elitist Emergency Department Head who still keeps the report system in the dark ages of illegible hand written reports. My PCP couldn't read his hand written report. If he's so almighty, why hasn't he changed the illegible Emergency Department hand written reports to computerized printouts that our physicians can read? Illegible reports puts patients' lives at risk! Board of directors, promote him out of there and get in a younger modern doctor who can improve the Emergency Departments reporting system. P.S.: His stethoscope wasn't clean.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

I was treated by this doctor a few weeks ago in the emergency. I would have to say that this doctor is rude and patronizing. I was observed for several hours because I was being investigated for chest pain... so I was able to observe this doctor at work. He spent most of this on his phone/palm/blackberry (unsure what?) than actually seeing patients and he didn't seem to be very friendly with the staff around him (nurses, students etc). After asking the nurses who he was, to my great surprise he's the chief or head of the department and he does a lot of research!! Not such a great role model for the students and residents working at the civic! Perhaps he should stay in his lab!

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009