Ratings for Dr. William Black

Both of my children took to this man. My wife took them today, and when I got home from work.... My kids were more excited to talk about how wonderful he was, before my wife did.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

Dr. William Black at Texas Childrens Pediatrics Katy, Texas is not the type of doctor I want my children visiting. He is very detached and perhaps shy, not the fun happy kid-friendly type of doctor that we all want. I went to him because of all the good reviews he had but found out that he's not as good as people make him out to be. One time I went in because my son had a rash and I expressed what I thought it might be- heat rash, while he went on to ensure me that its just excema WITHOUT LOOKING at the rash first. I asked him to check it out and he said "Oh yea that does look like heat rash." Another time we were in for a regular check up and he suggested DRILLING INTO my sons bone marrow because his (slight) speech delay at 1.5 years old must be due to iron deficiency anemia, DESPITE he takes iron in his daily vitamins and is way more active than any other toddler I've seen. He wanted to perform completely unnecessary intrusive procedures on my son for no reason. My son hated this doctor, he cried every time he came near him. My son currently see's a different doctor now and has no problems, no "iron deficiency" and never did, no speech delay, and actually smiles at our new doctor because she doesn't hold him down just to look in his ear. She's actually is good with kids and approaches him in a much more friendlier manner than Dr. Black as ever done. And she doesn't make silly diagnosis's either.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Absolutely superb doctor. Always available, attentive and interested in your concerns. Great with my kids both boys and girls

flag | Submitted June 16, 2014

I highly recommend Dr Black. I have never seen a Dr as attentive and concerned as he was with my son who had pneumonia. Not only did he spend a lot of time with us each visit, he called me several times to check on him even a week after he was released to go back to school. I also have only positive things to say about the whole staff at TCP. The nurses were great too.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2013

Not personable at all....didn't feel he was very informative....poor bed side manners....

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

He's a great doctor, I like that he takes his time and answers any questions you have without rushing you. I couldn't have picked a better doctor than him. I honestly recommend this doctor for anyone who is looking or thinking of changing doctors. I believe my daughter couldn't been in better hands than Dr. Black. Thanks.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2009

What I like about Dr. Black is that he really takes his time to examine your baby and answer any questions that you have. He is very reassuring and is quick to schedule a follow up for you if you still have doubts. He is very kind, loving and gentle with all the children and is an all around wonderful person.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Dr. William Black's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical Branch At Galveston (Grad. 2001)

• BCBS Massachusetts