Ratings for Dr. Nathaniel Landerman

I don't recommend this allergist under any circumstances.I went to see him for a very specific reason: I know I am allergic to certain fish and wanted to be tested to identify which types of fish I am allergic to. However Dr Landerman, after looking up my nose with one of those doctor's flashlights, declared that my mucous membrane was inflammed and evidently decided I was also allergic to airborn pathogens. He had the nurse perform skin tests for about 7 things that I know for a fact I am not allergic to: milk, dust, trees, pollen, grass - and only about 6tests for fish. After seeing the results, Dr Landerman declared I was indeed allergic to almost all of these airborne pathogens. He then proceeded to try to convince me to buy stuff to prevent exposure, such as encasings for bedding, and cleaners for carpet. He even tried to sell me a program of desensitivation shots. He then spent about 30 seconds discussing the results of the fish tests. I don't trust him at all and won't go back.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2009

Dr. Nathaniel Landerman's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1955)