Ratings for Dr. Cory Torgerson

Left in a complete nightmare with no way out. Wish I would have seen the review of the person who said she would do anything to have her old nose back beforehand. I too, would do anything to have my old face back.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I visited Dr Torgerson for a consultation about my droopy eyelids and jaw line. I had seen other Doctors and had not found a good fit. Dr Torgerson was very positive and confident in the end result. I did not feel that I was being pushed, in fact he was very reassuring that my results would be natural. I completed the surgeries in august and was able to go to a family reunion in October with only some makeup cover up. I feel so much more confident in how I present myself and he was absolutely right, the results look completely natural. I could not be happier with the whole experience.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Torgerson when I was dealing with ENT issues at Sunnybrook Hospital. After a couple of months, he moved to his practice in Yorkville in Downtown Toronto. My first visit in his private practice office was less than pleasant. I had my wax extraction and hearing test done and then he started to push plastic surgery on me! No thank you, I am fine and very happy with the way I look! That was the last time I set foot in that clinic. I understand that he has a side business for cosmetic surgery but please don't try to push services on to your patients who aren't there for that purpose. Having said all that, he lacked sufficient knowledge in diagnosing my ENT issues and was not able to tell me what was wrong with me. But I need a new nose?! I've now found a new ENT specialist I'm happy with and wish I had never been referred to Dr. Torgerson in the first place.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2017

I would pay anything to get my old nose back. Please do your research (and I don't mean the fake accounts his staff use to write positive reviews), this has been a nightmare I can't wake up from.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2017

I am beyond happy with my filler results. I look 10 years younger and could not happier with my filler. Worth every penny and will definitely be back for more. Staff and office are very professional and he is just a lovely Dr with an abundance of knowledge and will achieve the results you want.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Always Check CPSO. He has no training in plastic surgery under his education and is only a head and neck surgeon. Not registered with any plastic surgery associations either. Any real PS will have these things listed on the CPSO.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

I didn't want to believe some of the lower rated reviews when I first met with Dr. Torgerson as when I met with him, I immediately liked him, felt his confidence and completely put my trust in his abilities and in my face (two procedures). I have been left with nothing but a nightmare a year later... his work has left me looking nothing like my former self: not the "refreshed", "less tired" look, a little more "refined".. whatever term you choose to use, it has left me looking nothing like myself at all - I now have a hard time even connecting with what i see in the mirror, have become reclusive as friends and family and colleagues are obviously having a hard time looking at me when we try to connect as well and those that are vocal about it have even cried for me and said that yes, people don't know what to say or do. How is your intimate life ever supposed to recover from something like this? Even WORSE, his is COMPLETE lack of care and follow up if one doesn't have a great outcome. I'm sure with those that that are happy with the result say his follow up is great. But, give him some after surgery issues and he has been completely dismissive and with obvious issues in his work, he becomes defensive. The price tag , which I would have been ok with if i was living happily with great results, has put me into long term debt to looking horrible. I am devastated with his work, that this is the face i now have to present to the world - your face, smile, eyes..are the first thing people see. I was so much better off and a much more attractive person before his procedures. The lack of concern and discussion in his aftercare and that truly, it being obvious poorly done surgery and what could we do about it now? is ABSOLUTELY horrendous. People's lives and livelihoods and relationships change drastically when he messes up and he moves on his own life without caring about the damage he has done. Money is his only driving factor. That I went ahead with Dr. Torgerson, has been the worst thing I have ever done in my life.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2017

I want to thank those who took the time to write an honest review about Dr. T's practice and conduct. I had a consultation booked with him, but after reading your reviews, it was enough to convince me that I should seek another surgeon, and I've since cancelled my appointment. I searched his name on CPSO and saw that the College of Physicians have released a notice about him. They've directed him to enroll in an educational and remediation program in response to a patient who filed a grievance against him for misdiagnosis of a "serious condition" she had, and poor record-keeping of patient/medical information (the College even deemed it as "problematic"). I hope this dissuades more people from undergoing any form of treatment or procedure done by him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

Terrible experience, injected under the eye area with Restylane. I had terrible reaction, this substance attracts water and the area would often swell and be lumpy. It also dissolves and crystalizes into pieces. My face is still suffering. Rather than immediately dissolve it, he just covered it with makeup. It's a terrible product to put in such a delicate area. It really wrecked my face and I am still suffering from floaties, separated pieces.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2017

I met Cory and his wonderful team last October for a SculSure procedure. It was a very pleasant and unique experience since it was my first time I decided to try this treatment. I can definitely say that I felt safe and in a good hands. Very friendly team, very professional and knowledgeable nurses. I can definitely say that this was the best experience I've ever had and mostly thanks to great atmosphere in the clinic and very detailed explanation of the overall process and after effects. Overall procedure was quick and painless and results were exactly as I expected, finally something helped me to get rid of the stubborn fat at the lower abs part. I would like to express my sincere appreciation to Cory Torgerson and his wonderful team for an outstanding service they provide. Definitely the best clinic in town.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017