Ratings for Dr. Cory Torgerson

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

I had Ultherapy performed at Dr. Torgersons office on 09/28/15. This was a preventative treatment for me, I did not have sagging skin, marionette lines or lost volume. On the contrary, my facial contours and volume were very healthy and youthful. Again, I was just looking to keep that genetically blessed beauty and prevent ever having to have any work done years from now. For the past 3 months I have been living a waking nightmare. My face has been robbed of all it's healthy subcutaneous fat causing loose skin jowls, laugh lines, marionette lines, eyelid retraction, hallow temples and cheeks. I look 15 years older from a mere 3 months ago and when I bend forward my face collapses because the skin has nothing to adhere to. I can pull my extra skin off my face like a peel off mask. I have seen other facial plastic surgeons who are shocked at the amount of damage done and say I am now a candidate for a lower face lift and fat grafts. It's truly a horror story and has negatively affected my life tremendously. Dr. Torgersons response to all this? This is a natural progression of aging and maybe I can get some money from Merz (manufacturer of Ulthera). He was more concerned with protecting himself and his staff than even caring to address my damage and help me. Ultherapy done improperly CAN cause the destruction of subcutaneous fat. Dr. Torgerson has no moral code, he does not care what happens to his patients. They have robbed me of my natural beauty and offer no explanation, assistance, guidance, or concern. This is not how a reputable Physician treats their patients, this is how a dishonest unethical business owner cons then blows off his clients. His office manager Nadine is very quick to be condescending and really only concerns herself with shifting blame. Not once has he or his office reached out in concern about my damage. Again, incredibly unprofessional and a testament as to how they handle their life altering mistakes. Dr. Torgerson and his staff are Unethical,untrustworthy, uncaring and completely misleading. Dr. Torgerson has shown no indication in addressing his botch job and has no concern that his mistakes have caused serious damage to my face but this will not end with this review. He will be held accountable. I'm writing this review in hopes to spar someone else the heartache and trauma of going through such a horrific experience, dealing with the stress of losing their beauty in a mere 3 month and being blown off by Dr. Cory Torgerson.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Dr. Torgerson performed a lower face-lift on me three weeks ago. He was very pleasant, informative and empathetic at pre-surgical consultations. He was kind enough to provide advice to me and to my sister at once. He views himself as an "artist" and suggested that the face-lift would take ten years off of me. He recommended against less invasive approaches, suggesting that I would be "under-whelmed". I was nervous but proceeded and the surgery went extremely well with Dr. T doing some work beyond the call of duty as it became evident at the time that this was necessary. This was incredibly generous and generosity of this kind is a rare commodity. I was amazed with the results.... which were better than I had ever anticipated. Dr. Torgerson is genuine, artistic and truly wants fantastic results for his patients. He was a great support to me prior to, at the time of and subsequent to the surgery. His rates are competitive and his work was exceptional. He delivered all that he he said he would an much more. My sister and two friends have had similarly excellent experiences with Dr. T (but different procedures). It was my observation from the beginning that Dr. T was encouraging me to only pursue the amount of work that was essential to result in a healthy, successful and natural-looking outcome. There was no pressure to ... purchase more. The face I now see in the mirror has been a stranger for many years. There is no way that I could ever thank Dr. T enough for his extraordinary work. It should also be noted that his staff is very friendly, professional and supportive. He provided a nurse for the first 12 hours following the surgery and I must also say that she was terrific and helped me through the most acute stage of recovery. My experience with Dr. T and team could not have been better and will certainly continue in the future.

Submitted November 26, 2015

Dr. Torgerson performed a necklift, facelift and chin implant on me, awhile back. I am thrilled with the results and so glad that my research paid off. I decided to visit Dr. T. as he was a head and neck surgeon as well as a 'facial' cosmetic surgeon! I realized at that first visit that he had a keen eye for what was needed, as well as what was not as necessary. After the surgery, I knew for sure that he was truly an artist! The results were amazing. (I never imagined that results like that were possible for me.) Dr. T. was professional, kind and empathetic ... before, during and after the surgery. His staff were all very helpful throughout as well. I will be forever grateful to Dr. Torgerson for his kindness, expertise and for making me look better than I have ever looked in my life!! I HIGHLY recommend this skilled Doctor!

Submitted October 5, 2015

I had a great experience with Dr. Torgerson. Seeing him for years for fillers and botox, I have developed a great relationship with him. Has it always been perfect..no. But, before seeing Dr. Torgerson I had facial fillers done by another dermatologist with glowing reviews on this site and I had severe bumps and when I returned to this dermatologist I was told it looks great. NOT! My sister had facial fillers performed by another dermatologist with glowing reviews on this site and she too had a bad experience. What I am trying to say is, I feel the most important thing is to find someone that will work with you to find the right balance. I have approached Dr. T on occasion where I wasn't sure about some filler and he always corrected it and more importantly he will admit if it doesn't look right. Sometimes I am justifiably charged and sometimes at no charge. My only issue, is I wish he was a bit more punctual. The staff are fantastic.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2015

If you are considering facial cosmetic surgery with Dr. Torgerson, you may aswell apply to the show Botched-because you will be a candidate. I have gone through so much emotional distress to the point where I regret considering cosmetic surgery. Money down the drain!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

I waited 3 years before writing this review because I wanted it to be a fair and honest review. If you are someone with an ethnic nose or you have thick skin please STAY AWAY from this doctor. He has no idea what to do with those types of noses. I went for a consultation and he showed me imaging of this beautiful nose. He kept telling me how I'll come out of the surgery looking like a movie star and a bunch of other bull. He also suggested I get a chin implant (which I understand) and fillers almost everywhere in my face. Keep in mind I was 24 at the time with no wrinkles at all. After I started thinking out loud that maybe I want an implant, he was literally pushing it down my throat and making me get it. I said no. Which I'm glad I did. But his pushy behaviour should have been my first sign to run out of there. But I had the image of that perfect nose imbedded in my brain, so I put down the deposit for my first rhinoplasty. 3 months after post op my nose started curving from the tip, it looked like someone twisted it and it got stuck like that. He told me it was swelling so I continued being patient. 8 months post op, my nose started curving from the top all the way down to the tip. Again I was told it was swelling and he gave me a steroid injection which in my opinion did nothing. At my 1 year check up the curves in my nose was back to only being at my tip. BUT....I HAD NO BRIDGE. After my swelling was all gone, my nose was FLAT. I had a fairly decent bridge on my nose post surgery and all I was left with was a curved tip. His excuse was that it was scar tissue build up. Isn't scar tissue build up suppose to make the nose look bigger? Anyway I let him near my nose once again so he can rebuild my nose. It has been 2 years since my last surgery, and guess what? I still have no bridge. I have been to a few doctors who have all told me I'll need cartilage out of my ribcage so they can rebuild a nose for me and I can finally get what I want. I've been in the process of saving up $12,000 for another surgery so that the doctor can fix Togerson's mistakes. I paid $7500.00 for the surgery with Togerson. Please do you research, see more than just one doctor.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

After many rhinoplasty attempts with different doctors and unsatisfactory results. I finally have the nose that I've always desired Thanks to Dr. Torgerson. For the first time people are commenting on how nice my nose shape is. When i explained to Dr. Torgerson how i disliked a certain shape of my nose from a certain angle, I had my doubts that he didn't understood me and i thought he just brushed off what i said just like the other doctors. But the results speak for themselves. As if he was in my head and he did exactly what i was hoping he would do. He also has the artistic eye that i find other doctors lack which helps a lot when it comes to nose reshaping.

flag | Submitted August 3, 2015

If you come across this doctor...KEEP LOOKING. Find a plastic surgeon who is honest, practical and knows how to set expectations. If you are looking to have your nose done you need someone with years of experience and good beside manners, both of which this doctor lacks.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

Like anything else you need to shop around and look for a board certified plastic surgeon. There are a lot of doctors who specialized in other fields now practicing plastic surgery for sheer profits. My experience with Dr. T. was both good and bad. It seemed to be hit/miss with him. My last injection was right underneath the tear trough, a very visible unattractive lump. I had it dissolved by another plastic surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Cory Torgerson's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Oh my gosh. As soon as I seen this surgeon and his staff I knew I didn't what him anywhere near my face. "

February 11, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had Ultherapy performed at Dr. Torgersons office on 09/28/15. This was a preventative treatment for me, I did not have sagging skin, marionette lines or lost..."

January 18, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Torgerson performed a lower face-lift on me three weeks ago. He was very pleasant, informative and empathetic at pre-surgical consultations. He was kind e..."

November 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Torgerson performed a necklift, facelift and chin implant on me, awhile back. I am thrilled with the results and so glad that my research paid off. I decid..."

October 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience with Dr. Torgerson. Seeing him for years for fillers and botox, I have developed a great relationship with him. Has it always been pe..."

September 5, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "If you are considering facial cosmetic surgery with Dr. Torgerson, you may aswell apply to the show Botched-because you will be a candidate. I have gone through..."

August 26, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I waited 3 years before writing this review because I wanted it to be a fair and honest review. If you are someone with an ethnic nose or you have thick skin pl..."

August 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many rhinoplasty attempts with different doctors and unsatisfactory results. I finally have the nose that I've always desired Thanks to Dr. Torgerson. Fo..."

August 3, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "If you come across this doctor...KEEP LOOKING. Find a plastic surgeon who is honest, practical and knows how to set expectations. If you are looking to have you..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Like anything else you need to shop around and look for a board certified plastic surgeon. There are a lot of doctors who specialized in other fields now pract..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I found Dr. Cory Torgerson office online after TONS of searching, and thought I would give it a try. Dr. Cory Torgerson & his staff were so friendly and help..."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had rhinoplasty surgery with Dr. Torgerson to improve the appearance and breathing function. I am extremely pleased with the results, the look is ve..."

June 28, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "I just called Dr Torgerson office just now, and i can't believe that they ask for credit card to book a consultation ?? This is hilarious ! When I said that I d..."

June 17, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.drtorgerson.com" to "http://www.drtorgerson.com/". Postal Code has been updated from "M3H6" to "M5R 1B9". Address has been updated from "None" to "70 Yorkville Ave, Suite 31, Toronto". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "16473430207".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "He is a great ENT! Generally on time, and apologizes sincerely if he is not. He cares about his patient, and will take time with you and not rush you out of his..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "made my face look like a cat, way to much filler took years to come out "

May 13, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "2 years ago I had a rhinoplasty with Dr. Torgerson. He is a true artist and gave me a beautiful nose that suits my face perfectly. Thank you Dr. Torgerson and y..."

May 10, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I went in 2 years ago to get my lips filled . Office beautiful staff warm at first he was really nice to great me . I told him I only wanted to get my lips do..."

May 1, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I visited the offices of Dr. Cory Torgnson in the fall of 2013 to inquire about some work I wanted done. As soon as I walked into the office for my appt. I was ..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Beautiful office but he’s a very ugly person inside. He seemed very nice at our first meeting. I went to see him for lip augmentation. Got my lip injected with ..."

March 26, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Torgerson followed me every 2-3 months over a 10 month period. I went to him due to chronic sore throat. As several others on this site, he advised me that..."

March 19, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. T for a nose job and he made me look like a monster. I was unable to breath properly after the surgery. Before doing the surgery he was super nic..."

March 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr.Torgerson office for a facelift and he ruined my face. His stuff was rude and his wife a nut ( she reminds me of a song by Northern Pikes " she a..."

March 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Most amazing plastic surgeon ever!!!! Friendly and helpful staff and Dr Torgerson is fantastic. I had chin augmentation and could not be more pleased with the r..."

February 27, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "As the ratings below indicate, this doctor has about a 50% success rate, and when he makes mistakes he becomes very hostile towards his patients. He prescribe..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "He mumbled. Something about.acid.reflux,which.seemed.odd,since.I have.a.tumor in my neck.next.thing.he.sticks.a.biopsy. syringe in.tumor,with NO warning.I.seeme..."

February 21, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Went to Dr. Torgerson for ear pain that I've been experiencing. Just like another comment, he right away said it was acid reflux causing my ear pain and prescri..."

February 18, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I just read all the reviews on this doctor and cancelled an appointment I had made for my daughter for a rhinoplasty consult. Very scary."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "I have only consulted with Dr. Torgerson so far, but my experience has been very good. He is not pushy, does not overplay the possible results and does not cut ..."

January 14, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I considered going to Dr. T for eyelid blepharoplasty but after doing. extensive research and reading comments below, I will look elsewhere. When looking into h..."

January 10, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I had a bad experience with Restylane injection in the tear trough area. Immediately after injection the area was swollen, bruised and lumpy. I took some ..."

December 22, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Torgerson is a skilled and well trained ENT who specializes in facial plastic. From reading many of the comments bellow I worry that many of the posters hav..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "The office and staff are friendly. However, I had a terrible experience with fillers under the eyes, swollen, bruising, lumpiness, it actually looked worse. I..."

December 13, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This man is HORRIBLE he destroyed two years of my life and I still have anxiety Over the procedure He is ONLY out for money and will do or Say anything to pl..."

December 11, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr Torgerson three years from a friend who had rhinoplasty. she looked beautiful and I had faith that Dr Torgerson would do a good job on me. ..."

December 5, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Torgerson is only worried about his own self image and not his patients. I had a nose job to correct a septum and now I can't even feel my nose. It is numb ..."

November 19, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Torgerson is NOT A PLASTIC SURGEON but an E.N.T. guy who IS allowed to say he is a "cosmetic surgeon." He lacks experience and his work in inconsistent. His per..."

November 15, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I had my nose done by him and that was the biggest mistake I ever made, he didn't get the job done the first time so I had to go back again because one side of ..."

November 15, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Be very carful. This Doctor is not a good communicater and he is very elusive. Be sure to ask all questions regarding all the risks associated to his procedures..."

November 5, 2014