Ratings for Dr. Townsend Smith

Upon intake, the nurse didn't know difference between thyroid issue and parathyroid issue. When I told her I also had hyperparathyroidism she exclaimed I had already informed her of that. In reality, I had informed her of my hypothyroidism. I had to explain the difference to her. After waiting on the Doctor for 3 hours, he spent only a few minutes with me advising he would not be able to help with my back pain even though I did need to be on medication for it. He went thru a tyrant on how both the Democrats & Republicans in the government were restricting him from giving meds and something which both my husband & I couldn't understand, about him being one person for every 10,000 prescriptions??? Very odd how he went on a tyrant about the government with a patient. Without even looking at me, or touching me, he insisted he would not be able to help me and referred me back to my primary physician "who should be the one prescribing meds for me." He informed my husband & I he would send a note to our family physician informing him of my need for medication to help my chronic back pain.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2014

my wife first started seeing dr. smith in 2002 and was great with her, so when my back problems began there was no question who i would see. he is great, explains everything in understandable detail. he is very caring and treats patients like family. staff is very good and also very helpful. thanks dr. smith!!!!!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2013

Felt very comfortable in the whole procedure. He was great in telling me what is going. It wasn't the most fun I have ever had in my life but it wasn't a bad experience and I was worried before. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2012

I was not impressed with His treatment. I have since scene a much better Pain Management Pysician, who was much more helpful,, not condesending and actually helped my back problem.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

There is NO better Doctor to be found for pain management. Dr. Townsend Smith is the best.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2011

Dr Townsend Smith and his staff are TOP NOTCH! He is kind and gentle and always explains things very well!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2011

He really knows his profession. Stays educated on new and/or upcoming medical procedures and treatments. He shows compassion for his patients while he thoroughly explains your diagnosis, any procedures, and answers all the questions you may have. When I lost my insurance both he and his staff were very kind and helped coordinate a way to continue seeing me as a patient. I highly recommend scheduling a consult with Dr. Townsend Smith for your pain management needs.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Dr. Smith was wonderful very patient and informative. He and is staff are very impressive they took time with me and answered all of my questions that I had. They were also polite and professional. I had to have some shots in my back and he was gentle and kind. Seems like this is hard to fine these days. I would recommend to anyone who is in pain go see him he's awesome. I would rate him a 10 if I could.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Townsend Smith's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)