Ratings for Dr. Jignasa J. Patel

It's sometimes difficult to speak to the receptionist and ask questions. After being a patient of Dr Jignasa Patel for years, I must "bid adieu". She became my doctor by accident when my former doctor sold her the practice. When you call the doctor and leave a message for a question, a call will not be returned for about (2) weeks! It's happened to me several times. Most of your time is spent with the nurse and not the doctor. She's extremely dismissive of your symptoms & gets the patients in then out like cattle. If you're in for a annual physical, that's all that will be discussed, NOTHING FURTHER. She basically told me that because of the insurance, any other issues must have an appointment. Understood - but you can't look in my file and tell me if you prescribed this to me in the past (as I believe it was she) I asked? No - she furthered explained, that since I'm never sick and don't come in to see her, I need to make another appointment. I'm done, moving on. Six of us attend this practice. We're all leaving. She probably won't even notice!!!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2016

Dr. Patel was very rude & condescending. After waiting over 30 minutes on two separate occasions, she spent 2 minutes in the exam room with me. In addition, she convinced me to get an immunization that I was not due to receive and then when my insurance company denied it, she would not discount the charges even though I was having to pay cash out of pocket. I would recommend that you take your health needs elsewhere. Very unprofessional attitude, and very unaccommodating.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2013

office staff is great and helpful. I have to admit I did not like her at the first appointment because she was brutally honest about my medical condition. I fell 100% better and my health has improved greatly. she has probably given me many more years of life. I have never had to wait more than 10-15 min to be seen.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2012

Doctor does not connect with the patient. Will call you in for an appointment without any need.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2011

Very caring and attentive. Dr. Patel always demonstrates her desire to see you as a person, to treat your health not just your illness, and to do it efficiently. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

Dr. Jignasa J. Patel's Credentials

• Hindi

• University Of North Carolina At Chapel Hill School Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Assurant