Ratings for Dr. JOHN M. Barlow

I found Dr. Barlow to be competent and compassionate. After another ENT said it was not an ENT problem, and seeing a number of specialists who suggested a second ENT opinion, Dr. Barlow was able to diagnose my serious condition and seems to have been the most helpful as he continues his efforts to help me. I understand the wait time b/c when he saw me, he needed the time to assess my condition, rather than make an inaccurate diagnosis which would not help treat me. Staff are the most caring and positive people a doc's office could have!

flag | Submitted April 8, 2013

There was a long wait, but that wasn't his fault. I found he listened to me, and responded appropriately. In fact, he listened when some others blew me off; and only he found an issue and followed up on it when no one else had. Plus the only other time I went to him, he found an issue then too that got other doctors to pay attention to me. Plus I forgot, my ears had itched for a year and everyone told me it was nothing, they could see nothing, and he fixed it!

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

I had a very poor experience with Dr. Barlow. I was extremely ill when I saw him and was unable to speak. He had to perform a procedure and would not allow me to have all my questions answered for before doing so. He was very rough and did not ensure that I was numbed before the procedure. After he recommended that I have my tonsils removed I promptly searched for a new surgeon.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2011

This guy has a horrible bedside manner and he is terribly rough with the instruments. His hand SLIPPED while he was looking into my ear, my ear with a ruptured eardrum. "Sorry" was what I got. He talked to me in strictly medical terminology while he incessantly flicked an instrument he later used to shove up my nose, which seemed unnecessary because my eardrum was the problem. He talked over me while I tried to ask questions about my recovery and concerns I had. Once he responded, "I don't know" when I asked why I'm feeling pressure in my well ear. And this is the person who would potentially operate on my ear! I left the office in tears, immediately called my primary care doctor to refer me elsewhere. I would NEVER go back again.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Dr. JOHN M. Barlow's Credentials

• University Of Miami School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Multiplan