Ratings for Dr. Susan M. Levine

the doctor is a good doctor. knows what she is doing and is very informative. the practice is very busy and has lots of patients. I don't think the staff is rude its just very busy Most of the times. it is very unorganized because the doctor is old school and rather do paperwork and charts instead of going electronic. the office being small is hard to hide the charts. staff has made that place much more organized than before and they work with what they have. the doctor is one of the few very few doctors that does this type of specialty and she sees people from all over the world not just country she has made it her business to do everything she can to find answers and treatments for cfs and fribromyalgia and to try and educate other doctors in this disease so I'm greatfull. thank you doctor and her staff

flag | Submitted September 29, 2016

Vey unprofessional. Rude staff and disorganized. DO NOT GO HERE

flag | Submitted September 7, 2016

Dr. Levine is one of the few doctors who truly believes in, understands, and commits to fighting illnesses like ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia. There is a select group of very well known specialists in these areas in New York City. I have seen all of them at least once and decided to stick with Dr. Levine. Whereas many other CFS/FM specialists refuse to take any type of insurance, Dr. Levine does and she doesn't bill too aggressively or demand exorbitant fees. The office is extremely busy and they could do better administratively, but they are caring and I can live with the few hiccups with scheduling, etc. because of the level of care that I get there. Dr. Levine always answers all of my questions thoroughly and she actually remembers things I tell her (with many other top-rated and highly sought out physicians, I basically have to re-introduce myself every time I see them). She has been incredibly supportive when I wanted to try new treatments and even when I go against her advice, she does what she can to make me more comfortable and less ill. I get that she isn't for everyone, but I have had a great experience with her for years and will continue to see her.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Levine is a leading ME/CFS researcher. As someone who is very ill with this debilitating disease, I am deeply grateful for the contribution she is making. As a clinician, she's not for everyone. While compassionate, she and her staff are profoundly disorganized. In my case, this led to confusing inconsistencies in care and mixed messaging about what medications I should be using and what treatments I should try. As my health continued to deteriorate under her care, I decided to move on. That said, if you think you have CFS, I would still recommend a consultation with Dr. Levine. You'll get a diagnosis you can trust. And you may find that she can help you. Many people have.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

Doctor amazing, compassionate, cutting edge researcher. Staff always complaining about their job.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I have been a patient since 1992. Dr. Levine has helped me more than she knows in dealing with complexities of CFS and FMS.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Really great Dr who will work with her patients to find the best treatment.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

A KIND AND CARING DOCTOR WHO IS THERE FOR THE PATIENT. DR. LEVINE HELPED ME TO GET BACK TO A NORMAL LIFE WITH HER EXPERTISE IN THE IMMUNE SYSTEM.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

While she is very busy she is an expert in this area and works very hard to find the answer to help you. After a year long struggle to even get a diagnosis it was a amazing to find Dr. Levine.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

I see she misdiagnosed someone else's Lyme disease. In my case she ran the tests backward, doing the least sensitive last. My test was positive but for some reason she told me it wasn't. Four doctors and a course of antibiotics later I am at 75% of my previous capacity. I'm going back to grad school and I'm definitely going to be able to work again. Stick with Dr. Levine if you want to stay disabled. Sure she will write you a disability letter whenever you want, but wouldn't you rather not be disabled? Lyme disease is a leading cause of fibromyalgia and CFS. New York has a ton of infected ticks. Dr. Levine does not know how to treat it and she does not know how to test for it. There are plenty of decent integrative and functional medicine doctors. Find one of them and skip this woman. She seems nice and and empathic but she is invested in keeping you sick. I found her negative attitude unappealing. Keep searching until you find what makes you better.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015