Ratings for Dr. Guy Lin

I am really happy that I was referred to Dr. Guy Lin and highly recommend him. I have had difficulty to breathing for decades and, and although I was only getting minimal relief from strips and medicine, I was reluctant to have surgery since I was nervous about how it would look and feel and prior surgical options seemed way too invasive. Dr. Lin answered all my questions (and I had a lot) both before and after the surgery (which used ear cartilage to support narrow nostrils) and I am really happy with the results. My breathing is so much better that I no longer use any sprays or strips. I sometimes catch myself breathing without opening my mouth and can hardly believe it. I'm happy with the function and appearance and am really glad I had this procedure with him.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2016

Dr. Guy Lin is an amazing doctor, I highly recommend him. Here’s why. I always had a bit of trouble breathing through my left nostril due to a severely deviated septum. Dr. Guy Lin was recommended to me by a trusted allergist who I’ve known for around a decade. In early November I arrived at Dr. Lin’s office, he was very professional. He performed a quick nasal endoscopy and diagnosed a severely deviated septum. He then discussed various options with me and recommended a septoplasty and turbinate reduction. He explained the procedure, risks, and recovery. He didn’t want to make to an immediate decision, and suggested that I think about it. I got in touch with his assistant Astrid Marks and we scheduled a surgical appointment for January, as I already had an out of country trip planned and didn’t want to have surgery before. I made the mistake of researching the procedure and recovery process online and watched YouTube videos, this turned out to be a mistake as it made me very paranoid. I emailed Dr. Lin with my concerns and he called me to discuss all of my concerns. I had my surgery performed in Center for Specialty Care at 8am, and couldn’t eat or drink since midnight, which was okay. I arrived at the facility around 6.30am, they were very fast and professional. Multiple people met with me, including two anesthesiologists who explained exactly what to expect. It was cold that morning and they gave me extra blankets to keep me warm. Dr. Lin arrived early to reassure me that everything was going to be okay. The anesthesiologist gave me a dose of anesthesia and I was wheeled downstairs, the next thing I knew I woke up in bed with a nurse by my side who gave me cookies, apple juice, followed by a painkiller (which I requested). The surgery was very quick (I believe under 45 minutes, but I was out cold) and successful, there were no complications. When I got home I had a heightened sense of smell. Dr. Lin didn’t use any stuffing or splints, this made the recovery very easy. My recovery was significantly better then anything I read about or watched on YouTube. The bleeding stopped on the first day. I was able to clean my nose with a saline solution, using NeilMed rinse, the day after the surgery. I stopped taking pain killers on day 3 and antibiotics lasted only 7 days. I was back at work 6 days after the surgery. Couple of days later I had a follow up appointment where Dr. Lin cleared out any remaining scabbing and I was good to go. I am now breathing way better than I ever had out of both nostrils. Congestion is mostly a thing of the past. My biggest regret is not having this surgery years ago. I highly recommend Dr. Lin. He’s very professional and is truly a great doctor. I will visit him going forward for all my ENT needs. Thank You Dr. Lin! Eric

flag | Submitted February 20, 2016

Dr. Lin was extremely intelligent, knowledgeable, and thorough. It was evident that he knew exactly what he was doing. He made me feel comfortable and was also very kind. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 6, 2015

Dr. Lin is an extremely professional and knowledgeable ENT. He was very attentive to my medical issues and was very compassionate. He took the time to listen and had a very warm bedside manner. He was very responsive in addressing any questions and concerns that I had. I highly recommend him! Awesome guy.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2014

My first appointment with Dr Lin was today. Extremely personable, made me feel at ease immediately. Took the time to perform a thorough examination, with equally thorough and lucid explanations at each point during the exam. Helped me to understand not only the issue, but why it was occurring. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2013

I was not feeling well for so long and once I saw Dr. Lin he diagnosed me and had me feeling much better very quickly. I can't say enough of how professional and knowledgable he was and helped me to understand exactly what I need to do to start feeling better.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2013

I had septoplasty/turbinectomy surgery just over a week ago and already feel great. I was highly impressed with Dr. Lin's attentiveness, knowledge and care. He addressed all of my questions and concerns and after just a few days, I feel great and am breathing better. In addition, Mt Sinai Hospital was excellent. For such a large hospital, they treated me with the utmost care, concern and respect.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2012

I was so thrilled that Dr. Lin did my tonsillectomy. It's a pretty scary procedure, and he and his staff made the process extremely smooth and painless for me. After the surgery, they have been there for me every step of the way and have made my recovery as easy as possible. I would highly, highly recommend Dr. Lin and the ENT and Allergy Associates.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2011

I was very pleased with Dr Lin. He was very attentive to my needs and asked the need questions. When it came to the diagnoses he said that we could handle with medication or a CT scan and in the end went with medication and if they didn't work a CT scan. Unlike some doctors he allowed me to decide and didn't pressure me either way. I would definitely recommend Dr. Lin

flag | Submitted December 1, 2010

Dr Lin was excellent. He has a friendly and comforting bedside manner. He listens carefully, is patient, answers all questions thoroughly, asks if you have any more questions, is attentive and detailed in his approach and treatment. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2010

Dr. Guy Lin's Credentials

• University of California -San Francisco (Grad. 2001)

GHI