Ratings for Dr. Jill Fetell

I had the incredible almost synchronization good fortune of reading about Dr Fetell & Tarrytown Functional Medicine in a local paper I rarely read & was compelled by the conditions she treated & the wisdom apparent in the variety of approaches she used. I, at the time was battling with th e overwhelming symptoms & the degree of impaired they caused as I had myalgic encephalomyelitis (more commonly known in this country as fibromyalgia & chronic fatigue immune disorder) which afflicts upwards of 40 Million men, women & children, & is characterized by blinding systemic pain in all major muscle groups & monumental tormenting & often immobilizing fatigue, as well as GI Disorders, Cognitive Impairment, Non Restorative sleep, Serious sleepDisorders, Memory Impairmants, & the list goes on. For most, it effectively apart from the agonizing pain & fatigue renders the patient housebound, cut off from others & basically marginalizing them & the ability to live a life they previously & most of us take for granted. The first time I went to Dr Fetell, though I was driven to her office& only had to walk a short distance to her office, I barely made it in despite the use of a walker. We met for about an hour. It was clear from the start that easing the consequence of an illness came first & foremost rather than insufficient time, or financial gain. She was warm focused clearly in command of & possessing a rare expertise on means of treating chronic, complex illnesses few drs know anything about or do not even offer to treat . She was open, honest, flexible,& welcomed educated patients with whom she gladly worke collaborately with. She made recommendations after a extremely thorough medical history & physical exam. She had assembled a team of gifted practioners masters in acupuncture, tens, MICROCURRENT stimulation & cold laser therapy. One warm & clearly capable young woman discussed what was bothering me & recommended a series of interventions starting with wet hear for neck & back pain followed by a course of tens to added other painful areas, then acupuncture, MICROCURRENT Stimultion, Cold Laser Therapy & Lastly a period of relaxation meditation, whatever would enhance serenity & to give the treatments an opportunity to compliment one another & take root in a wonderfully soothing room with relating soft music. The treatment extended over a a period of two hours. Having barely walked I earlier, I felt comletely restored to Heath & the c o lay was minimal. The resolution usually lasted for at least a day or two ' I continued to receive weekly treatments always tailored to what was going on & Dr Fetell recommended checking in with her Every two weeks to evlhate, asess & answer any question & discussed whether I felt there should be any adjustments to the treatment plan. She had an extensive array of supplements from only tho we companies who employed GMP & had extensive third party testing, were pharmaceutical grade, & cost.no more. than the commer ial suppleme G's found in chain pharmacies. Walmart, CVS, Supermarkets Not only did they , in fact probably cost less @ her practice, they were handpicked & represented the most critical proven supplements. And she never made it a practice to suggest their use unless it was clearly indicated & many times when I asked whether I should purchase several she woul advise trying one @ a time. Dr Fetell & her colleagues literally saved my life. Each & every men ber of the staff in cluding Dr Fetell were warm & kind, thoughtful, & empathic, & humble masters of their craft. I would not & do not hesitate to refer people to her to adress ailments, but also to learn how to avoid their development & get some truly expert guidance as to how to maintain a health lifestyle & thrive because of it. DSD

flag | Submitted August 21, 2014

I think Dr. Fetell is wonderful. She has helped me beyond belief. She compassionate and very knowledgeable about a variety of holistic interventions. Have been going to her for over 10 years. The best!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2011

She is smart , very knowledgeable, and kind. A really great doctor. I feel lucky to have found her.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2011

I had been to a number of doctors for fibromyalgia. Dr. Fetell spent a lot of time with me, understood the problem, and treated it the cellular level with nutritional supplements and acupuncture. She said, "We aren't sure what will work but will try all these things." They worked and I am much better.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2009

I cannot recommend this doctor. She sold me products that made me violently ill and then refused to reimburse me. She prescribed medication me and never checked blood work to check certain hormone levels. As a result, I ended up dreadfully ill for many months. Please note that all of her peers, via my description, knew that this lack of follow up was highly dangerous, yet she never did follow up. Her suggestion was more medicine. Thankfully I refused and went to another doctor. If you go to this practice, go only for acupuncture. Her acupuncturists are terrific. But Dr. Fetell? She needs to go back to medical school.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2008

Dr. Jill Fetell's Credentials

• A Einstein Coll Of Med Of Yeshiva Univ, Bronx Ny 10461 (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in Pomona, NY