Ratings for Dr. John M. Read

Great doctor! Known him for 25 years & have recommended to friends & family!

flag | Submitted March 25, 2015

I been to many Drs. I find Dr John Read to be best Dr. I ever had.Makes sure he covers all areas of my health problems.He would not let me leave office until I had a breathing treatment.I have asthma and my breathing was very difficult.Most Dr.s I had in past would send you home for the treatment.He is super and would reccomend this Dr to friends and family.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Read's for over 15 years. He is absolutely the best doctor I have ever had. I was just thrown off when Sage Hill office closed. I recommend Dr. Read to all my friends and family.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Read for over 15yrs. He is very straight forward and feels that you can help yourself to better diet and excerise. He has always introduced himself and shook my hand upon entering and leaving. His back office assistant is extremely nice and very helpful. I will continue to seek his medical advice.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

I like Dr. Read. I have gone to him for 10 years!! However, I just recently had a horrendous virus - throwing up and diarrhea nonstop. I could not leave the house, obviously! I called to see if there was anything that could be done for me until I could drive. The lady was poorly-tempered, yelled at me, told me if I wanted help, to drive myself in (HOW????), and then yelled at me to take Pepto-Bismal before hanging up. I was so disappointed. I was so sick I couldn't drive, and needed help from my md. A neighbor could have picked up some anti-nausea or anti-diarrhea medicine to help me get able to drive. But no. Just rudeness, and a lady yelling at me to take Pepto. I wasn't even allowed access to a nurse. All of this after 10 years.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

Dr. Read is very blunt, and doesn't know how to listen to patients. This was the worst doctor's visit that I've ever had with any doctor. He made me feel helpless!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2009

This was the single-most unsatisfying medical experience I have ever encountered. Without introducing himself or asking questions to get to know me, a new patient, he undermined me and treated me rudely. He also withheld a prescription because he was annoyed with me even though he had agreed to refill it earlier in the visit. I was left feeling angry and humiliated by his callous demeanor and show of disrespect. Do not see him; I question his clinical judgment, even.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2008

Dr. John M. Read's Credentials

• Emory University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1973)

Top Hospitals in Duluth, GA