Ratings for Dr. James Oestreicher

I had lower eyelid blepharoplasty in the spring. Dr. Oestreicher explained the procedure thoroughly. On the day of the surgery his calm manner helped erased my fears. His staff was excellent in answering my questions before and after the operation. My only regret is that I did not have the operation earlier then I wouldn't have to worry about my eye bags and would not have wasted my money in buying expensive eye creams that do not work. I highly recommend Dr. Oestreicher.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Oestreicher for a tear duct surgery. He explained the DCR procedure in detail and answered all my questions and concerns. The day of the surgery his calm reassuring manner put me at ease. He has a great bedside manner and a wonderful sense of humor. I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I was recommended to Dr. O by my opthamologist. I had both lower eye festoons removed in Feb 2017 and am pleased with my results now in Sept 2017. I still have a bit of scarring -minor- but this may fade within the year. It is a relief not to have the big bumps (festoons) under my eyes which even interfered with wearing sunglasses. Dr.O. Answered all my questions calmly and clearly and willingly accepted my decision to just remove the festoons and perhaps at a later date to complete the upper eye "hoods". I wish I had known about Dr O years ago and would highly recommend him for surgery, as my eye doctor did for me. .

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Had lower eye lid blepharoplasty in the summer and the actual surgery was very quick and pretty painless. I'm really happy with the results at the 3 month mark. The bags and puffiness is gone. I initially planned on going to work after the 1st week - post surgery, but needed 2 weeks away from the office to recoup. the hardest part of the entire experience was keeping occupied during the 1st week when i'm resting my eyes - so i went through alot of audio books and podcasts. Didn't have complications but i followed the post care instructions and i think the key is to follow his instructions and make sure to do the ice water compress as instructed. I'm glad i chose an eye specialist for this surgery.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I had both upper and lower eyelid blepharoplasty; I also had laser under my eyes to remove fine wrinkles. Two months after the procedure, I am very happy with the results. I was able to get back to work after 5 days; however, there was still some minor swelling that takes weeks to heal. The procedure took under 1 hour and there was no pain or discomfort. Dr. Oestreicher did an excellent job of explaining the procedure, and I was very impressed with his level of care that continued for months after the procedure. It is important to follow the post operation protocol, this is essential to healing. I would highly recommend him. And would not hesitate to go back for further treatments.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I came to Dr. Oestreicher as I needed to have an upper lid blepharoplasty. I had waited a long time and was extremely anxious about undergoing any surgery. After my first visit I felt Dr. Oestreicher understood my concerns and seemed confident that I was a good candidate for this procedure. I booked for early April, but on the day I was so.....anxious even with his calm manor. The recovery was longer than was predicted due to my unpredictable allergies and that set back the healing time. I received excellent care and felt taken care of every step of the way, even when I thought things were not going as planned. It is now a few months after the surgery and I am extremely pleased with the surgery results as well as the process itself. Thank you for your excellent care and my new eyes! I would not hesitiate to have another ther procedure by Dr. Oestreicher.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

I was referred by an eye specialist to Dr. Oestreicher last year. I've had a surgery before to correct my left lower eyelid as my eyelashes were growing inwards poking my eye. Unfortunately a few years later the issue returned on both eyes. When I met the receptionists, they were not extremely friendly but they weren't really rude either. They simply get the job done. At the consultation, Dr. Oestreicher was extremely calm and friendly. Something noticeably different from my other surgeon in the past was that Dr. Oestreicher would ask about me. When I expressed my concern that one eye was bigger than the other he passed me a mirror and asked "why don't you tell me what you see". By the end of the consultation I knew I was in good hands because he knew what exactly what my concerns were. I booked the surgery that same day. On the day of the surgery he remembered our conversation from last time and what school I went to which was surprising as I haven't met any doctors that remember little details like that. Dr. Oestreicher is extremely good at making the patient feel cared for. During the procedure I was awake and scared. Both him and his fellow were patient, calm and comforted me the whole way. His nurse also checked up on me and was really kind. Everyone was very skilled and I can tell Dr. Oestreicher put a lot of effort in to make sure the problem will not re-occur again. The procedure that seemed so much longer last time was finished in under an hour (it is a minor procedure). He gave clear aftercare instructions which I followed diligently. He explained that it may seem like the skin has been rolled out excessively but it is to overcompensate so that my eyelashes won't grow back inwards over time. I appreciated the warning because I was really concerned I'd look that way forever. Over the next week I iced my eyes and applied the prescribed ointment. I got my stitches out a week later by the same fellow who was very careful and pleasant to talk to as well. After this I booked a follow up appointment for a month later. It is now well over two months and since then the pinkness under my eyes has lessened dramatically and I no longer need to dry my teary eyes constantly. It is insane how big of a difference this small surgery has made on my life. I have completely forgotten that I used to have tears stream down my face when there is the slightest breeze outside. They no longer itch intensely. My eyes look great and more even than before. The scars are barely noticeable and I do have a very fine wrinkle under both eyes but I was assured this is totally normal. I expect that the scars will eventually fade even more. I've never lived more comfortably. Thank you so much to the entire team for making this a smooth experience and should I have any issues later with my eyes (I hope not) I would definitely come back and recommend Dr. Oestreicher. He is truly the best!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2017

A specialist who listens to and respects his clients...a rare find. Very calm approach. Made me feel comfortable. I had lots of questions and he gladly answered them all. The final results took a little longer than I had prepared for. but he was always supportive. Nevertheless I am very pleased. now!

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr James is very professional and takes all the time required to answer / address his patients' queries and concerns! Would recommend him to my good friends.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

I am a 55 year old male who had both upper and lower eye lid surgery performed. I was very anxious prior to meeting Dr. Oestreicher, but right away he made me feel at ease and explained what to expect throughout the process. My surgery went well with virtually no pain during or post surgery. The results are fantastic and I have had many comments on how much more "awake", alert and youthful I look now. I am extremely happy with the end results and highly recommend Dr. Oestreicher to anyone who is looking to have similar surgery. You will not be disappointed.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr. James Oestreicher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since 1990, Dr. Oestreicher has completed more than 20,000 eyelid procedures, trained many other eyelid surgeons from around the world, is a Full Professor at the University of Toronto. and has volunteered hundreds of hours of his time to work on the "flying eye hospital" (The Orbis project), a specially equipped aircraft and team of medical experts that work in developing countries to save sight and train other doctors. There is no replacement for this experience or the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are dealing with one of Canada’s foremost eye specialists, not a general Plastic Surgeon, General Ophthalmologist, Dermatologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Practitioner. Dr. Oestreicher is known as the “physician’s physician”, operating on many doctors and their spouses and family. He is also the go-to man for repair of bad eyelid surgery – just one more reason why he has earned a long list of testimonials from grateful patients and endorsements from other eye care colleagues around the world. For more information, visit torontoeyelidsurgery.com