Dr. James Oestreicher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James Oestreicher

I was very pleased with the outcome of my eyelid surgery. People tell me I look so young! I've had retina problems in the past and the staff and Doctor reasured me that my retinas would not be affected. Thank you!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

I've had Asian Blepharplasty on my upper eyelid with him 5 years ago. I was 20 then, and my life has been an absolute nightmare since. I cannot warn you enough to stay away.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

I has an excellent experience with Dr. Oestreicher and his staff and am extremely pleased with my results. He was thoughtful, caring and very knowledgeable. Very happy!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

I look so weird. Worst decision to do the surgery with this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2018

As an Optician with 30 years of experience, I believe that I received the best operation and support for my vision and over all process in my health.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

I had two prior Asian blepharoplasty surgeries with another surgeon in Toronto. I was less than satisfied with the results. My left eyelid was lower than the right and the crease was not strongly defined. Hence, the symmetry between the eyes was less than satisfactory. I decided to look for a surgeon who specialized in eye surgeries, rather than a cosmetic surgeon. After an exhaustive search, I chose Dr Oestreicher. I am very satisfied with the results: greatly improved symmetry, including clearly defined folds and the dullness of my eyes has faded. I am now three months post-op. My eyes look better and better with each passing week. Other notable traits of Dr. Oestreicher, other than his skill and talent, are his calm demeanor, his patience, his thoroughness in eye examination, and his clear and articulate explanations to my concerns and wishes. In terms of the cost, the recovery time involved, and the disappointment from the prior surgeries, I should have sought out Dr. Oestreicher sooner.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Could not be any happier with the doctor and the procedure. the atmosphere was calming and the Dr. Oestreicher had the patience to explain any of my concerns. I suffered with dropped eye lids for about 25 years. My corneal specialist Dr. Michel Miller had referred DR. OESTRICHER and i could not be any happier with the choice. I can actually see properly. have my confidence back starting to enjoy life. Dr. Oestreicher seemed a very genuine humble person and the fact that he donates his time to poorer countries is enough proof for me of his character. I would most definitely recommend Dr. Oestreicher.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

I am a 55 year old white female and just had my hooded eye lids corrected three weeks ago and could not be happier with the results. My dermatologist, Dr. O'Neill, recommended Dr. Oestreicher and I now have the natural results I wanted. I look refreshed and more youthful. The surgery and post surgery was painless for me. I had minimal bruising. I would recommend taking two weeks off work. I also like the fact that he does charitable work in other countries. I absolutely recommend Dr. Oestreicher!!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I went to Dr. O to correct some asymmetry and improve the hooded appearance of my eyes. I had researched various doctors in the Toronto area and read excellent reviews about Dr. O before I met him. On the day of the consultation, I decided he would be my surgeon without even consulting other doctors as I had originally planned. It was important to me that I achieve the most natural look possible and in Dr. O, I found a surgeon who did precisely that while placing function and ophthalmic health first and foremost. In other words, he gave me the cosmetic results I wanted while making me feel completely safe and protected with regards to eye health and function. The results were so natural that no one knows that I have had a cosmetic procedure. (I should also say that I am Asian and the results of blepharoplasty on our eyes can sometimes be very obvious, but that was not my case at all with Dr. O.) He also teaches extensively and is a genuinely nice man who volunteers his expertise for an amazing non-profit that performs ophthalmic procedures in developing countries. I would recommend him without hesitation.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

I am 50 years old and 3 months ago I had my first "plastic surgery". I had a blepharoplasty (upper eyelid surgery and removal of fatty bulges below the eye) and a laser resurfacing under the eyes. I was nervous of course but just the consultation with Dr Oestreicher made me feel at ease. He listened to my concerned and answered all my questions. The day of the surgery we talked briefly before the procedure. I got a mild sedative then my face was frozen with a needle. This was the only time I experienced a minor discomfort. Throughout the procedure Dr Oestreicher's voice was calm and I did not once feel unsafe or uncomfortable. He has incredible leadership and communication skills with his staff . Most importantly, my results are outstanding. I really do look younger and not tired anymore. The best part is that people I know look at me and cannot figure out what has changed. My scars from the stitches have almost disappeared by now and the skin below my eyes looks perfect. I just tell them I came back from vacation..... I would highly recommend Dr Oestreicher without hesitation.

Dr. James Oestreicher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since 1990, Dr. Oestreicher has completed more than 20,000 eyelid procedures, trained many other eyelid surgeons from around the world, is a Full Professor at the University of Toronto. and has volunteered hundreds of hours of his time to work on the "flying eye hospital" (The Orbis project), a specially equipped aircraft and team of medical experts that work in developing countries to save sight and train other doctors. There is no replacement for this experience or the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are dealing with one of Canada’s foremost eye specialists, not a general Plastic Surgeon, General Ophthalmologist, Dermatologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Practitioner. Dr. Oestreicher is known as the “physician’s physician”, operating on many doctors and their spouses and family. He is also the go-to man for repair of bad eyelid surgery – just one more reason why he has earned a long list of testimonials from grateful patients and endorsements from other eye care colleagues around the world. For more information, visit torontoeyelidsurgery.com