Ratings for Dr. James Oestreicher

I was referred to Dr. Oestreicher by my Ophthalmologist of 30 years, Dr. Robert Pashby. I was in need of a blepharoplasty. Initially I was a little nervous about the procedure, but once I met Dr. Oestreicher I knew I was in good hands. Dr. Oestreicher put me right at ease with his calm, relaxed manner. He took pictures of my eyes and he took time to answer all my questions re the procedure. He explained that it would not be covered by OHIP and he told me the exact price. He also gave me precise details on my recovery time, what to expect and what to do to enable a rapid recovery. I felt confident and booked the procedure then and there. I was given a complete information package by Dr. Oestreicher's office manage, Jasna, and I was told I could call her at any time if I had any questions. The day of the surgery, Dr. Oestreicher talked to me throughout the procedure and he asked me about my family and job, which helped put me at ease. He saw me the next morning to confirm I was doing well. The recovery went as Dr. Oestreicher predicted. I followed the instructions he gave me and was very diligent with the icing and resting and elevating. When I saw Dr. Oestrreicher for my post op appointment, I was delighted to see the comparison between the before and after pictures he took. I looked amazing. Once I was fully healed, I received many compliments on how great I looked and the best part is that nobody pinpointed exactly what I had done. I just looked more rested and youthful and that is exactly what I wanted. I am so very thankful to Dr. Oestreicher.

Submitted June 20, 2016

I found Dr. Oestreicher on -line. After reviewing his reviews I decided to make a consultation appointment. The staff were extremely polite and helpful. Dr. Oestreicher is extremely knowledgeable and professional. I felt more than confident that he was my top choice to preform my surgery. The day of the surgery came and the surgery went well. The staff was very caring of my needs pre and post surgery. Dr. Oestreicher is the best surgeon in his field and his bed side manner is impeccable. I would recommend his services to everyone. 5 stars from me! Thank you Dr. Oestreicher :)

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

I first met Dr Oestreicher when I was an operating room nurse at St Michael's Hospital in downtown Toronto. As a nurse it was a pleasure to work with Dr. Oestreicher, and you could see that he was a very kind and caring individual. Being able to work with Dr Oestreicher and seeing his skill as a surgeon , it was always in the back of my mind that if I ever needed eye surgery, Dr. Oestreicher would be the one to go to. Over the years Dr Oestreicher's reputation in oculoplastic eye surgery has grown , and he has become extremely well known in his field of expertise. Finding myself in need of a blepharoplasty many years later, the choice was clear that Dr Oestreicher was the one I wanted to do the surgery. In the consultation everything was explained to me and my questions answered. At no time during the consult did I ever feel rushed, and his calming manner was helpful and carried through to the day of the surgery. Very quickly after the surgery, even with the post op swelling, I noticed a difference in the way my eyes now looked. Before the surgery I seemed to be scowling all the time. Six months now after the surgery, I can honestly say that the scars are almost invisible, and I don't feel that I have a hood over my eyes. I would highly recommend Dr. Oestreicher to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

I would not recommend this doctor to anybody. He pushed me for absolutely unnecessary surgery , not explaining the consequence of it. i had to come and revers thy surgery but damage to my eyes has been done. Now i am suffering from dry eyes went through a lot of treatments (very expensive ones have to use artificial tears drops on a regular bases). but what bothers me most that he new exactly that this going to happen because he told me after but he still proceeded with the surgery . Can somebody call this doctor an honest doctor who except the money thinks about his patient well being because I can not.

Submitted June 20, 2017

I endured two lower lid eye surgeries with another specialist without achieving the desired result. Dr. Oestreicher was able to achieve the desired result with laser surgery without bruising and very quick recovery time. My eyes looked amazing after only one week! Needless to say, I am absolutely delighted at the results and would highly recommend Dr. Oestreicher to anyone looking for a competent surgeon. Thank you so much Dr. Oetreicher!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had my first consult in Dec 2016 and had the procedure done mid April (upper and lower blepharoplasty with laser!). The staff is friendly and helpful. Dr. Oestreicher has a gentle and kind nature and is a patient and knowledgeable doctor - willingly answering all questions. I was very nervous and not sure what to expect. There was no pain - I didn't use any of my pain medication - just lots of itchiness and puffiness during the healing process as this takes some time. Some boredom sets in the early days as you are constantly under cold compresses. There are plenty of follow ups with Dr. O to ensure the healing process is going smoothly. So today, 2 months after surgery, I have no bags under my eyes, no dark circles, the hoods are gone! - beautiful crease, age spots, moles, fine wrinkles removed with laser -amazing - I can walk around without makeup and feel terrific. Putting on makeup is a treat as nothing smudges. I look the same as before - but younger and rested. I am very happy that I made this decision - with friendly encouragement from office staff Jasna -thank you. I highly recommend Dr. Oestreicher - he is excellent at what he does.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Really, really disappointed. I hate how my upper eyelids turned out. I don't like me anymore. My best advice: find another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

Dr. James Oestreicher

Dr. James Oestreicher's response
It is impossible to reply fully to this “review” as there are no details about the procedure or when it was done and, of course, the writer has chosen to not provide contact information.   Moreover, I can think of no patient who has expressed these feelings to me, and I know what every patient thinks about their outcome because I see them after their procedure.   I would definitely remember if a patient said they were “really, really disappointed”  and “hated” how their upper eyelids turned out.   There is, however, a simple way to resolve this situation.   The writer of this review can call our office and arrange to speak with me in complete confidence about their experience and how it matches with the objectives of the procedure, which are in writing, and the patient’s comments, which are also documented.   I am also open to doing some touch-ups if that would be helpful, as my goal is always to achieve a pleasing result for the patient.

Submitted June 20, 2017

I was referred to Dr Oestreicher by my dermatologist for upper eyelid surgery. I told my dermatologist that I wanted the best doctor for this procedure and Dr Oestreicher certainly was the best. Dr Oestreicher is a caring and gentle doctor. He explained everything carefully about the procedure and everything went as planned. The result was just what I wanted.... a more youthful and natural appearance..... nothing drastic! Family and friends notice that I look great, but no one knows ( except my husband of 42 years) that I had the surgery. That, to me, speaks for itself. Mission accomplished!

flag | Submitted June 7, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Oestreicher with respect to my droopy eyelids. At first I wasn't sure what to expect but after I met with Dr. Oestreicher I felt more comfortable. He explained the whole procedure and he was very good at answering all my questions. The day of my surgery Dr. Oestreicher explained the whole process which very much put me at ease. I saw him the following day and he was pleased with my results. The whole process was actually better than I had thought it would be. The recovery went well and I am delighted with the results. People notice the difference right away. I would recommend Dr. Oestreicher to anyone who requires this procedure. Thank You Very Much Dr. Oestreicher.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

I have suffered from TED Graves for years. My eyes were swollen,painful and truly changed my look for the worst. I decided to do the upper and lower blapheraplasy and I am soooo glad I did. Today... 2 years after my surgery- I am a completely different person !!! My eyes are back!! My self esteem is back !!!! Dr Oestricher did an amazing job.. Truly. He is caring and patient .. Thank you Dr Oesteicher

flag | Submitted June 6, 2017

Dr. James Oestreicher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since 1990, Dr. Oestreicher has completed more than 20,000 eyelid procedures, trained many other eyelid surgeons from around the world, is a Full Professor at the University of Toronto. and has volunteered hundreds of hours of his time to work on the "flying eye hospital" (The Orbis project), a specially equipped aircraft and team of medical experts that work in developing countries to save sight and train other doctors. There is no replacement for this experience or the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are dealing with one of Canada’s foremost eye specialists, not a general Plastic Surgeon, General Ophthalmologist, Dermatologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Practitioner. Dr. Oestreicher is known as the “physician’s physician”, operating on many doctors and their spouses and family. He is also the go-to man for repair of bad eyelid surgery – just one more reason why he has earned a long list of testimonials from grateful patients and endorsements from other eye care colleagues around the world. For more information, visit torontoeyelidsurgery.com