Dr. James Oestreicher

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. James Oestreicher

An extememly nice man who certainly inspires confidence. Excellent result.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2017

Both my wife and I have haad cosmetic eye surgery during 2017 from Dr. Oestreicher - and we both give Dr. O and his staff the highest possible rating. From the first consultation, to the actual surgery, to the numerous follow-up appointments, we can not say enough about how confident and comfortable we felt in Dr. O's care. If you want cosmetic eye surgery, he's the guy you want - you will be short-changing yourself if you go anywhere else. Dr. O is the best, no doubt about it. (He also has a neat sense of humour! - Which adds to your feeling of comfort in his care.)

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

I went for consultation to a couple of other cosmetic surgeons, before I decide to have cosmetic surgery on my eyes. I am so happy Dr. James Oestreicher did my surgery and removed the bags under my eyes. He is very very knowledgeable and took his time very patiently to answer any concern and questions I had as it was the first time I was going to have any surgery specially a cosmetic surgery on my eyes. I felt very confident and I realized I was in good hands. The results of my surgery is great and I look great. I am so happy and great full to Dr. Oestreicher for performing such a beautiful job with such care and professionalism. His technique was different than the other cosmetic surgeons I went to for consultation. That is why I do not have any scars or stitches marks under my eyes.The result is perfect . The follow up care he provided me impressed me and my family. I wish I had known him years ago . I will definitely go back to him for surgery on my upper eye lids when he suggests is the right time.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

I went to Dr Oestreicher hoping he could fix a droopy eyelid that I had had from birth. At the same time I had the bags from below my eyes removed. The surgery for both was very successful, and I am very grateful to Dr Oestreicher for fixing that droopy eyelid. Dr Oestreicher was very diligent and I was impressed with the follow-up care.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2017

Dr. Oestreicher and his colleagues and residents were all great. I am very pleased with the results. I had bruises for several weeks afterwards, but they were worth it for the reward of how much better I look now.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Dr. Oestreicher is clearly very knowledgeable and his office staff were friendly and prompt with my appointments. During the procedure itself Dr. Oestreicher and his nurse were very calm and nurturing. Overall the experience was positive. Cosmetically I am very pleased with the results .

flag | Submitted November 23, 2017

Although I was initially quite apprehensive, I am very pleased with my experience and the results. The surgical procedure for the bags under my eyes and sagging upper eyelids was relatively painless and I was quite comfortable throughout the surgery. Dr. Oestreicher and staff were wonderful. Recovery was a little uncomfortable for a couple of days but great opportunity to rest. Most of the swelling and bruising was negligible after a week or so. It was a much better experience than I thought it was oing to be. I should have done it years earlier. I had always worn glasses to hide the bags under my eyes. I'm now ready for lazer eye surgery. Thank you Dr. Oestreicher.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2017

Both my experience and the result were outstanding. I look great and I've received many compliments lately; no one knows "why" I look so good! The doctor and the OR staff were amazing and I was relaxed throughout the procedure. Dr. Oestreicher came well recommended and this is well deserved. The procedure was painless and "easy". I am thrilled with the results - I had both an upper and lower blepharoplasty as well as a tightening of the skin below my eyes. My rested and more youthful appearance has added to my self confidence.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2017

That was my first experience with the plastic surgery therefore I was little anxious about it. It took me a lot of time to find the doctor with extensive experience in eyelid surgery. Now I am convinced Dr. Oestreicher was the right choice. I am 67 and I had sagging eyelids and puffy eye bags. The upper and lower blepharoplasty were being performed in the same time under local anesthesia. The office and staff members made me feel comfortable and confidence. During the procedure I was relaxed because the doctor would talk to me. The whole procedure was surprisingly painless. The majority of the swelling and bruising came down within 2 weeks and after that time I could resume normal activities. Now after three months my eyes look more open and I have younger well-rested look. I feel so great about the outcome of my surgery. I receive many compliments from people who don't know that my appearance was improved by doctor's professional work! I would always recommend Dr. Oestreicher who makes you feel in totally safe hands.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2017

Dr. Oestreicher has an outstanding demeanour. He puts you at ease from the moment you meet him. Prior to visiting I was nervous about my upper eyelid surgery but the procedure itself was surprisingly simple. I've had more discomfort and pain going to the dentist. The results are awesome. I'm very pleased and I highly recommend Dr. Oestreicher's work. Just follow his instructions precisely and healing happens quickly. Thank you Dr. Oestreicher for making the whole procedure so simple.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

Dr. James Oestreicher's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Since 1990, Dr. Oestreicher has completed more than 20,000 eyelid procedures, trained many other eyelid surgeons from around the world, is a Full Professor at the University of Toronto. and has volunteered hundreds of hours of his time to work on the "flying eye hospital" (The Orbis project), a specially equipped aircraft and team of medical experts that work in developing countries to save sight and train other doctors. There is no replacement for this experience or the peace of mind that comes with knowing you are dealing with one of Canada’s foremost eye specialists, not a general Plastic Surgeon, General Ophthalmologist, Dermatologist, Otolaryngologist (ENT), Facial Plastic Surgeon or General Practitioner. Dr. Oestreicher is known as the “physician’s physician”, operating on many doctors and their spouses and family. He is also the go-to man for repair of bad eyelid surgery – just one more reason why he has earned a long list of testimonials from grateful patients and endorsements from other eye care colleagues around the world. For more information, visit torontoeyelidsurgery.com