Ratings for Dr. John Castiglione

.................................................................

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Rushes your appointment; but, makes you wait hours to see him. Does not focus on preventative care. Primarily has Geriatric patients and forgets how to take care of younger patients. You can go in for migraines, he will give you a prescription; but, does not look into why you have them. Gives you a script and off you go. If you have a family history of something ie: diabetes, cancer etc... does not think hmmm maybe we should investigate to see if you have it, if you are presenting with signs/symptoms?! His office hours are restrictive as well. His secretary does not answer the phone. You have to listen to a long voicemail message in English, then Italian to ask a question/book an appointment etc...not patient care focused at all.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Castiglione's for over 10 years and he has always been very responsive to requests and available when needed. The wait can sometimes be long in his office, but I believe that this is because he spends the time with each patient they need, never rushing you out of the door. In my experience his knowledge, experience and professionalism is top notch.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

This dr. takes too much time away from his office, and when he is there he does not seem to be entirely focused on his patients.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Not helpful nor knowledgeable. Do not recommend this dr.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I totally agree with the first evaluation which suggests he is biased against WSIB patients and is working with WSIB to reject authentic claims. He rejected my claim without even seeing me or speaking to another WSIB doctor who supported my claim ( and who had done a thorough personal assessment of my condition). Big surprise that WSIB sided with Casiglione's view! To protect yourself get more than one opinion on the validity of your claim.

Submitted September 23, 2015

Dr. C is a great doctor. I have been seeing him for many years, and when I went in with a simple complaint of pain beneath my ribcage, he had me do a complete work-up, including an ECG (heart), which he reviewed with me immediately following. He examined me thoroughly, and followed up the next day with the results of my other tests (which he had ordered on an emergency basis). He was very patient, and he made me feel very reassured. When all tests returned with the likely cause being meerly gas, I was glad I had gone to see him as it eased all my anxiety. Thank you Dr. Castiglione, for always taking such good care of me, and my family.

Submitted June 11, 2013

Great Dr. Been seeing him since l was a kid. Great secretary..

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Great doctor. Wonderful secretary. She is always happy and smiling. Very caring and helpful. He is a great doctor. Knows his stuff. Great team! Thank you both for everything.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2012

I have been going to Dr C for many years, my whole family goes to him. Yes he does not chat much, but that's ok with me, it's just part of his personality. He gets down to business and listens well. He is a good Doctor, very thorough with tests, and always helps me. His staff is great too, very kind and helpful. Thanks for Everything Dr Castiglione, you're the best.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2011