Ratings for Dr. John M. Routes

Fire this doctor! Arrogant, thinks if he hasn't heard of an illness that it can't exist. Told me I needed "talk therapy" that it's all in my head, and dismissed me (with me in tears because I was so sick and was begging him for help) without running any tests.. I almost died from my illness, no thanks to him. I could have lost my job! Thanks god I found help from a doctor at a different hospital system who ran the correct tests to diagnose me as Mast Cell Activation Syndrome (MCAS) and put me on Gastrocrom, which has saved my life. tmsforacure.org - get educated on mast cell diseases beyond Systemic Mastocytosis, you incompetent cruel person.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2013

Disregards patients symptoms and only relies on lab results for diagnosis. When lab results do show immune deficiency, he tells you they are not correct, and that you are not sick enough to "worry" about. I needed to seek help elsewhere, and when I got copies of my lab results to take with me, the next physician was dumbfounded on why I was told that there was nothing wrong with me. Dr. Routes and his staff also implied that all of my health issues were caused by depression.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2012

I got conflicting information from this doctor and his staff. First, I was fine, but they would run a few tests to be sure. Then I was called and asked to move up my appointment, because the test results were so very concerning. At the follow up appointment, I was once again told I was fine, and it was suggested to me that all of my symptoms/problems were because I was depressed.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2011

Really liked this guy. Diagnosed a rare disorder and communicated with my other physicians. Would highly recommend him. He was very kind and easy to talk to also.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2009

flag | Submitted August 23, 2008

Dr. John M. Routes's Credentials

• Indiana University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)