Ratings for Dr. Holly R. Dahlman

Not a good doctor. Needs help desperately. Don't use here.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

GRADE F DOCTOR WITH NO KNOWLEDGE OR SKILLS. She shouldn't be a doctor she is nice but not very smart.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr. Dahlman was my personal physician in the early 2000s. Fortunately I was in excellent health and only had to call Dr. Dahlman when I would be displaying symptoms of flu or something if that nature. I never felt comfortable when I visited her office. She would routinely be interrupted by phone calls regarding other patients, and her conversations would always focus on her outside interests (i.e. line dancing). During that time (I was in my early forties and had a child under the age of ten) my husband was fighting a constant (and, ultimately, losing) battle with melanoma. I had survived breast cancer. As my primary health care provider, I expected someone in whom I could confide and get advice. Dr. Dahlman was not that person.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr. Dahlman is a great doctor! She takes the time to get to know you as a person as well as a patient. Reminds me of the great family doctor we had when I was a kid. Knowledgeable and provides great preventative health care advice. She has cared for 2 other members of our family and we all agree... highly recommended!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2015

She's all arrogance and misinformation. 1. When I was diagnosed with arthritis and was told the only solution was hip replacement she said NO and told me just to walk and walk. The surgeon warned me it was surgery or the wheelchair. I had the surgery and have had a normal life with sports and dancing, gardening and no pain. 2. My husband has had Alzheimer's for at least 10 years and I been a lone caretaker dealing with the awfulness of it all. She read a book on the subject and had a demented uncle in Mass, just the necessary criteria for a planet's expertise on the illness. 3. She hung her Phi Beta Kappa certificate where they take the vitals so everyone will know how smart she is and genuflect before it. 4. Why would a professional woman call male doctors Honey and Darling and Sugar Pie? A lack of self respect.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2013

I called Dr. D this evening, 10:30 pm, because something is causing my whole mouth to burn intolerably. Before I could tell her why I hadn't called the office during day and made an appt, with considerable irritation, she asked why I had called her late at night. She refused to let me explain, loudly overtalking me. I had seen my dentist yesterday so he could examine my mouth, his speciality. I had called my psychiatrist, who prescribes my psych meds, because my dentist said to call him, could well be an allergic reax to them. My psych. said there were number of things that could cause my symptoms, call my general dr, who likely wld have me get bloodwork tomorrow. If I cld not reach her, he cld have lab run test for allergic reax. Dr D told me I was fragmenting my care, could only make appt w/my RN practitioner, who is not in til Tues. Dr D refused to see me Mon., said that wld further fragment my care. I fired her.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2012

I believe that Dr. Dahlman cares. She promotes holistic care and doesn't rush into treatments which I appreciate. Having said that, her practice suffers from several issues: She spends the majority of the visit typing on her laptop. While I love the use electronic medical records, this should be coupled with an attentive provider who only uses these tools after the examination is over, or at the very least in between conversations with the patient. She is inattentive and seems to jump to conclusions based on partial information. The most troubling aspect of her practice relates to follow-up and test results. She sometimes doesn't respond after receiving results, and even when she does, she doesn't take the time to inform the patient any details of the tests, or how they should follow up. This can be scary when the results of test indicate a medical problem. Patients deserve providers who listen, inform, follow-up and follow-through, and this is doubly true for primary care providers.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

dr. dahlman is very patient and care a alot about her patients. Amy the new nurse is just as good as dr. dahlman. I wish the staff and the nuturtionist were a lot better.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2012

efficient, personable, good listener. provides patient with report of visit and health status.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr. Dahlman's for 4 years, and I find her very helpful, interested in what's going on with and my family, and always available when I need her. I started my two daughters with her recently.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

Dr. Holly R. Dahlman's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1996)

HealthPartners