Ratings for Dr. Eli A. Finkelstein

His Asst didn't introduce herself, asked her name & "are you dr Finkelstein's nurse...replied, w annoyance "medical asst", threw my file on the desk & said "you're next" Her name is unusual & apparently annoyed that I could not get that right. After a long wait, Dr F walked in, no introduction & said "your Back is a Mess & it is not going to get any better" He offered drugs & shots...& was very annoyed when I was hesitant. Spent 2 minutes with me & he could not care less. I did call Asst later with concerns /requests & she was very responsive. Think she just hates her job & Dr F! Ha! Think Dr F hates his job, too ( or his life) I do think he is knowledgeable so if you can put up with his complacency & zero personality, go for it!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2018

This is my FIRST_EVER online review. But my experience with Dr. Finkelstien felt important enough that I want to let everyone know. I went to Resurgens with back pain and was looking to find an orthopedic expert who can diagnose the problem and help in recovery. I went to Dr. Finkelstien 3-4 times and would always come back more confused than I would be before the visit. What was very odd was that every time I saw him, I felt guilty for having the pain….as if I am the one responsible for creating the problem and burdening him (as all humankind) with the task of helping me with the injury. If you have a question during the appointment, be sure to bring your thick skin, because he WILL make you feel bad for asking a question (any question)! And god help you if you want to discuss possible scenarios about what might be going on with your body. My only mistake was that it took me four visits before my better judgement kicked in and I found another physician (within Resurgens), who was ready to be my partner in this recovery.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Didn't get to finish my new patient forms before I was sent for x-rays, and Dr. Finkelstein only looked at those before giving a recommendation and ending the visit. He never looked at anything I wrote down, didn't ask about my history, and clearly wanted to be somewhere else. I was really hoping for some help with a years-old problem and I'm so disappointed.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2016

I spent more time waiting than I did with the doctor. He rushed through the visit and wasn't able to explain my injury. It was a waste of time and money.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Very good, spent a lot of time with us. Very solid "bed-side" manner!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Very thourough and excellent bedside manner. Very pleased with his care from beginning to end. I am feeling better now than I have in years.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

Dr. Eli A. Finkelstein's Credentials

• Umdnj New Jersey School Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Amerigroup