Dr. Eliana Cohen

Outstanding Staff Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Eliana Cohen

Dr. Cohen is extremely insightful and knowledgeable. I went to her with what I thought was a simple problem and have gained a whole new understanding about myself and have opened up a whole new door for growth through working with her. I can't express enough how grateful I am for her services. From my first session I already felt so comfortable around her. I never feel judged in her presence and always leave a session feeling ready to tackle what I'm dealing with. The quality of her sessions massively outweighs any financial or punctuality concerns that you could have. Couldn't recommend her enough.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

I saw Dr. Cohen a few times while battling an onset of mental health issues that started to affect my daily life. It is safe to say that Dr. Cohen not only showed me the light at the end of the tunnel, she WAS my light at the end that brought me out of my own head and continues to do so. With a plethora of psychological knowledge, she approaches her patients in a warm, comfortable and casual manner which actually makes you feel like you are talking to a really close friend instead of a professional. She listens to everything you have to say without even an inkling of judgement and offers practical and really helpful ways to dissect and be aware of how you are feeling. I think what I took away most from our sessions is the fact that she made me feel like my feelings and emotions, no matter how irrational they may be, are valid, and worthy of listening to, instead of repressing them. I have left each and every session with a sense of immense peace and a lot to think about at the same time. She continues to teach me how to embrace exactly who I am with a lot more confidence and pride than I have ever had in my life. I am so grateful! Also, her office has the best view of the city, so stepping into each session is a lovely aesthetic treat! And a special mention should go to Alex, at the reception. She is an absolute star! :)

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

I had a great experience with Dr. Cohen. She is honest and very helpful. Its hard to find the truly good doctors out there and she is one of them :) & her view from her office is beautiful.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2018

Dr. Cohen has a non-judgemental and reassuring presence that could put anyone at ease. Though her knowledge of the science of psychology is acute, she also takes a relational approach to therapy, which is why she has been so successful in establishing a rapport with patients.

Submitted November 17, 2018

Dr Cohen is one of the most brilliant, intelligent, caring, compassionate psychologists I have ever seen. She comes right to the point in a logical rational way and her diagnoses is right on and to the point. She does provide you with solutions on how to deal with your situation and you definetly feel more relieved and healed coming out of a session. I would give her gold stars for her great work and highly recommend her as a therapist

flag | Submitted November 6, 2018

I will not enter in detail with her due to personal circumstances but she saved me from a very dark spot. Eternally thankful!

flag | Submitted October 26, 2018

Dr Cohen is the best there is. Yes, her services are expensive and sometimes she runs late, but you get what you pay for here. The money I've spent working with Dr Cohen over the past year and a half has been the best I've spent, period. She is a no-nosense therapist, allowing her to drive you to action quickly. As a tech executive, I especially appreciate her data-driven and scientific approach to therapy. She's done the research and knows scientifically what is likely to help you. Cannot recommend her more strongly.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

I really enjoyed Dr.Cohen’s practices and valued what she had to offer. She’s well educated in the discipline of psychology and she knows her stuff. There was a point where I felt like I couldn’t have ever managed my anxiety and depression without her. I absolutely credit her for the tools she gave me and how she allowed me to look at my problems from a greater distance. Where I start to get troubled is with the price. To somebody who is not making higher than your average salary, I wouldn’t want them to think that they either have to pay this kind of price or they’ll never get better. That’s not true. Seeing Dr.Cohen helped me but financially stressed me out and given the price point i would sometimes get discouraged when our appointments would be cut short considering how much i paid for that hour. I understand that sometimes other clients might come in late, but then maybe in terms of scheduling... you could space out appointments longer so that you don’t run in to these problems and overlaps. Surely the service needs to be better and much more punctual for this kind of price point. It’s much higher than your average psychologist. I’ve found different and more affordable modes of therapy and it’s been the largest relief for me. I am not discrediting the value of what Dr.Cohen provided me with, but I just am writing this from a genuine place of anybody who is as vulnerable as I was and was willing to go broke just to get help. You don’t have to run your finances thin. There are other options- so many other modes of therapy that exist out there that can go very deep and can heal you that are more impactful than talk and mindfulness therapy. I’m great full for the work I did with Dr.Cohen and I appreciate her, but there are definitely improvements that can be made in the services (for the price point). But it’s also possible that this is just as deep as any certified psychologist can go and it was up to me to find the next best step for my mental health. Hoping this honest review can help someone else, too.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2018

Dr. Cohen is easy to talk to, extremely compassionate, and she knows how to get you talking, i.e open up, without feeling uncomfortable. She’s also brilliant, and well researched.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2018

Dr. Cohen was very knowledgeable and had a great approach to my issues. One session and I felt a million times better. And, for the record, she was very punctual.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2018

Dr. Eliana Cohen's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Request an Appointment