Ratings for Dr. Eliana Cohen

I must confess I was a bit discouraged by all the reviews I read here and was preparing myself for a rather mediocre experience. I was also concerned about the price, but since I was in need of a rather urgent advice and my insurance was expiring, I thought I would give Dr. Cohen a try; besides she's right in downtown core close to my office - a 5 minute walk. The first 10 minutes I thought the conversation was pretty formal, cold and heartless and that there was no connection and no particular insight. I was even thinking about other psychologists I would see in the next few weeks, but very slowly I was opening up as Dr. Cohen was challenging my thought processes and digging deeper to get to the core of my issue... What I've learned is if you are used to seeing a psychologist who simply tells you what you want to hear but the problems are never resolved in your head - she may not be the right person for you. She will really rock your boat but will guide you to the decision that YOU will be most comfortable with on a deep subconscious level, all noise aside. She is very intelligent, knowledgeable and her questions really force you to think. I've seen a lot of therapists, and Dr. Cohen is indeed probably one of the most expensive psychologists in the city, but she really helps and she really knows her stuff - in the end, you get what you pay for...

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Cohen is such a rarity in her field. It was just a few meetings in 2013, when I knew that that there was something special about her. When my PPD had relapsed after my fourth child in 2015, I couldn’t stop thinking about wanting to see Dr. Cohen again. I had tried to look into others, hoping that I could save some money. But there was no one like her. No one who was as sympathetic and attentive, and yet so direct and knowledgeable. In 2017, we met again. With just the first session, she was able to pin-point what I needed to work on and was open and honest about what I’d have to do. We had just 5 sessions and it was the best decision I’ve ever made for myself and for my family. With her new approach, I was even more blown away by the cutting-edge knowledge she shared with me about mindfulness and brain mastery. Through our discussions I became more self-aware, more self-compassionate, and learned to appreciate my true self. She also gave me the tools I’d need to be better understand my behavior and emotions. She genuinely cared about me and, even with all of her experience and awards, was so down to earth and easy to open up to. Dr. Cohen is a true authority in her field with information and advice of such high value. She is well worth the time and expense. If you are looking to better yourself in any way, Dr. Cohen can change your life, the way she is changing mine. I highly recommend Dr. Cohen!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Dr. Cohen's new practice and her focus on well-being and enhancing performance helped every aspect of my work, I got a promotion, stopped my fear of failure and started taking real risks that have paid off in a big way. It also improved my personal relationships because I have bee so much more confident. I highly recommend her for any relationship or work/ performance problem. She is very sophisticated and intellectual thinker.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

I have now come to see Dr. Cohen as a patient 2 times. I had a prior experience with another Psychologist whom I saw 5 times and did not get as far into healing as I have with Dr. Cohen. She is very dynamic and direct in her approach to helping resolve my issues. I would highly recommend her service as I am sure she is quite capable of helping those with major life issues once you are willing to do the work and move to your best life. She helps you get there .

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

Above average knowledge, empathy and most helpful. I came to see her for symptoms of anxiety and I got so much more. A better understanding of my goals my wishes and my strengths. Highly recommend her, she cared about me and about my progress.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2017

I am an executive and live a very hectic lifestyle and my family life has been falling apart as well. Dr. Cohen's depth of experience in understanding the depth and difficulties in any relationship, or work situation, her lack of judgemental attitude and some of her marital therapy and divorce counseling experience and the complications involved in my relationships specifically, have helped me to understand what direction I'd like to take involving all. Her feedback and tools to work with have helped me a great deal in processing my needs and desires and have helped me balance my lifestyle to the degree that I am more confident again to resume my ambitions for a good life.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

I have interviewed a few Psychologists in the past few months and found Dr Cohen very refreshing. She listens closely to my concerns and is able to understand from my point of view how I'm struggling. I have seen her a couple of times now and after my session felt heard and able to use her suggestions of how to work on my struggles so that I don't feel incapacitated to deal with them. I was feeling very lost and now Im starting to work on my direction again and feel empowered to resolve my concerns quicker than I thought I would be able. Dr Cohen has a great deal of compassion and real life resolves and is able to communicate with me clearly so that I understand what it is I need to work towards to get my self through this difficult period. I would highly recommend her service.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2017

Dr Cohen is amazing, she is able to understand my concerns and give me the feedback im needing to help resolve my issue each time I visit. I also love her new office space at 1 King St because of its convienience to the downtown core.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Cohen saw me for a few sessions of anxiety and decision making wih rspct to my relationships. She was knowledgeable and effective and within a few sessions I felt that I had my "head in the game". She offered me a range of coping mechanisms and new understanding, a new angle. She is unlike other psychololgists in that she puts her opinins out there and helps you understand and strategize with decisions. In a short time, I feel empowered and out of the stuckness that I was feeling. I look forward to continuing to see her to empower mysef to reach new levels in my professional and personal life. Although she is "expensive" the value I got from her sessions far exceeded the value that I got from other psychologists or psychiatrists.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Dr. Eliana Cohen's is at a new location and my understanding is that this is new staff. While her fees are high I have found that in less than 3 appointments I was able to not just overcome my symptoms but develop a strategy, learn about the science of resilience and find meaningful and warm connection to a doctor who "gets it". To borrow from her language for the first time in decades I felt "seen, heard and felt"; She is not just remarkable in her intellectual power but what is also highly impressive she that is a real human being capable of empathy and real concern. She cares for her patients and uses every aspect of her studies and new research to ensure that her patients grow, get on their feet and find true strength in themselves. There is nothing "phony or pretencious about her" and she is as many of her rating state extremely powerful and knowledgeable in her field. I highly recommend her to anyone seeking quality help.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017