Ratings for Dr. Neil G. Hockstein

Saw this doctor about a year ago. I'm a classically trained vocalist who started having issues with hoarseness and constant post nasal accumulation. Like many others, was on time for appointment but still waited over an hour to be seen. How long did Dr. Hockstein spend with me after the ling wait? Yep - less than 10 minutes. Got a quick look with a scope and was given just a possible reason for my issues. Nothing definitive. And the staff is professional but not personable. I can understand the other negative reviews.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

Dr. Hockstein has HORRIBLE bed side manner, arrogant, and unprofessional. I already had sworn off ENTs after having a poor experience with one in Philadelphia 12 years ago but finally decided to give it another go for my snoring. I had gone to Dr. Hockstein on the recommendation of my family MD and was extremely disappointed. When I told Dr. Hockstein that I'd like to get control and see what could be done with my snoring, all he said was, "Lose weight." I felt like punching him in the face. Apparently, in his mind only overweight people snore. Then to make matters worse, when he went to put a fiberoptic scope in my nose, I told him I have a very weak gag reflex but he insisted I would not gag and he continued to put the scope in my nose and finally I had to shove his hand and scope out of my nose because I did just about go to throw up. Then to add insult to injury, he charged for the scope!!! I'm going to fight the charge because there is NO WAY he was able to determine anything being that I had to shove it out of me. I strongly recommend that you do yourself a favor and not bother to see Dr. Hockstein.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

flag | Submitted September 10, 2015

Horrible experience with this doctor and I'm a nurse with 28 years experience . Was very rude and acted like I was wasting his time . I saw him for neck swelling and raspy voice. Re my voice and I quote " I don't know what to tell you about your voice, guess you will have to quit your job " Thankfully another ENT at another practice was able to diagnose and treat me . I told my PMD never to send anyone to him and he said he heard complaints from other patients . Do yourself a favor stay away !

flag | Submitted July 30, 2015

I like Dr. Hockstein. I also don't understand the negative remarks. Sometimes he does run late, but the reason why is evident when it is time for my appointment--he listens and thoroughly answers your questions and does not try to run out the door. I have seen another doctor in his practice that actually is very arrogant--that is not Dr. Hockstein, Even if he thought some of my questions were stupid, he never once acted like it.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

Dr. Hockstein is the most arrogant, sarcastic, unprofessional doctor I have ever had the misfortune to meet! I am 64 & have seen/met many doctors in my life. This man's head is so big it surprised me that he was able to fit through the office door. Even with an appointment time, I have waited at least 45+ min. in his crowded, stuffy & filthy reception area....usually 1 hr.....this doctor suffers from the GOD SYNDROME.....I WOULD NEVER SEND MY WORST ENEMY TO THIS DOCTOR!!! He is in desperate need of an attitude adjustment....a very nasty man.......STAY AWAY!!!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

you will wait in the waiting room - this office sees a lot of patients. His staff likes him , I like him and my wife also likes him. I had sinus surgery 3 weeks ago with minimal recovery and plenty of feedback when I went to see him after. knowledgeable guy and does the job well

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

I was very pleased with this office. Everyone was very pleasant. The doctor was very helpful....Thank you Dr. Hockstein I am very surprised at the negativity of this greatly doctor. Excellent bedside manners...very satisfied..A 62 year old lady..administrative assistant..August 8, 2013

flag | Submitted August 8, 2013

Dr Hockstein is arrogant and truly unprofessional. Lacks bedside manners, puts you down and seems to lack any medical knowledge. How many times did he have to take the exam to become a "doctor" is what needs to be questioned, since he seems to be an absolute sarcastic dunce. AVOID this one and their practice!

flag | Submitted July 17, 2013

I found Dr. H blunt and lacking any bedside manner. I waited 45 minutes for my appointment for him to spend 5 minutes with me. He was like a robot void of any compassion. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr. Neil G. Hockstein's Credentials

• Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University (Grad. 2000)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Saw this doctor about a year ago. I'm a classically trained vocalist who started having issues with hoarseness and constant post nasal accumulation. Like many o..."

April 8, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hockstein has HORRIBLE bed side manner, arrogant, and unprofessional. I already had sworn off ENTs after having a poor experience with one in Philadelphia 1..."

January 13, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Hockstein is the best there is. He is knowledgeable, articulate and answers questions directly. I am amazed at the unfavorable reviews. "

September 10, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience with this doctor and I'm a nurse with 28 years experience . Was very rude and acted like I was wasting his time . I saw him for neck swelli..."

July 30, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I like Dr. Hockstein. I also don't understand the negative remarks. Sometimes he does run late, but the reason why is evident when it is time for my appointme..."

April 24, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hockstein is the most arrogant, sarcastic, unprofessional doctor I have ever had the misfortune to meet! I am 64 & have seen/met many doctors in my life. ..."

February 4, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "you will wait in the waiting room - this office sees a lot of patients. His staff likes him , I like him and my wife also likes him. I had sinus surgery 3 wee..."

September 8, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=870831'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 4.1

February 6, 2014