Ratings for Dr. Duncan L. MacRae

He was very kind and helpful to my daughter when she needed him.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

My husband had a surgery last year with this doctor since then he always have problem and Dr. MC Rea refuses to see him and we were told to see our family doctor. He is the most horrible doctor and I am very sorry to meet him my husband neck is so disfigures that everybody asks who did that to you?

flag | Submitted May 8, 2014

I've had issues with my throat for some time and was pleased to get an appointment with a relatively short wait (if 8 weeks is short). However, we met, did an endoscope inspection and there was no follow up with either myself or my GP. The other issue (and I know this sounds petty) was that his office and equipment could benefit from an update and cleaner environment.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

My children were referred for recurrent tonsil infections. He said they only had viruses and should never have been given antibiotics to treat their recurrent infections. He said to bring them back when they were sick and he would see them. Within 1 month of hearing this, I tried to get an appointment to see him and was told to go back to my family doctor and basically go through the referral process again. Talk about unhelpful. And now, when my family doctor says antibiotics are needed, I find myself wondering, but I have no where to turn for help. After a 5 month wait for the initial referral to see this 'expert', I'll be asking to be referred elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2013

My son suffers from large tonsils and recurrent ear infections for 7 years and Dr. McCrae was not concern at all he was just plain rude and careless of children if not to others he was to me and my son period. After seeing him on and off I quit seeing him what kind of a ENT specialist is he. My son had both ear drums ruptured from a infection and he has taken more antibiotic than juices I would say for 7 years now. My son also has obstructive sleep apnea because of his large tonsils and he still gets ear infections. I am looking to find a ENT specialist outside of London who will take my son's matter a little serious definitely not someone like McCrea. I am going to leave it to KARMA.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I was referred to Dr D MacRae for a birth defect in my ears that becomes infected regularly, and requires drainage frequently. The surgery to correct this is risky so Dr MacRae refused to do it, the problem is now much worse.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2013

I have had troubles with my nose for years, constant sniffling and such. I finally received a referral to Dr. McRae to have him investigate the issue. After explaining the issue to him his first response was "why do you want to have it fixed now?". What kind of question is that? Why does any one want anything fixed? Was rude to me the entire time and told me there was nothing wrong and that my constant sniffling was a habit and there was nothing he could do. This man is garbage and cares nothing for his patients. I hope he retires or perishes sooner rather than later.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

Great fabulous doctor!!!! Knows his stuff!! arrogant, rude, mean and plain old nasty. As only one of a few specialists in his field in the area (we have already gotten rid of one for similar attitude), we tolerate the nasty man that he is, to get the great care for our daughter. Its a shame, to have to deal with his CRAP, but your kids care come first! This man has zero respect for parents period.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2013

After 5 yrs of getting no where with our old ENT, he referred us to Dr. MacRae and we have been grateful ever since. In just 4 sort months he has performed a surgery and has my daughter on the mend. His audiologist is the ultimate. Best ever and is very highly respected by our local school board I am told. He thoroughly explained the whole procedure to us and my daughter only 8, had no fears at all. She knew what to expect. So thankful for this referral to a great dr. and hospital!!!

flag | Submitted December 12, 2012

Dr. Duncan MacRae is a terrible Doctor and I've had former OR nurses and OR doctors come into my work and recongize me from the mid 1980's and remember who I am. They have all said MacRae is a terrible Doctor to work with. He is rude and he preformed many unneeded operations on me as a child. That is all I will say because anything more would be rude of me. :) Never take your child to him.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2012

Dr. Duncan L. MacRae's Credentials

• Queen's University (Grad. 1972)