Ratings for Dr. Claude Massicotte

I found the Doctor to be pleasant and friendly, but he seems fixated on stress, depression, anxiety as being the source of your problem. I have no doubt that there is a correlation and I am sure he has a reason to think this, but it makes you feel like you are wasting his time and should be at the psychiatrist.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2012

I had read the reviews and was leary about my first visit....what a surprise! He is knowledgeable, kind, caring and compassionate. He took more time than any previous doctor had, to explain what my condition might be. He was more than agreeable to do a colonoscopy and a gastroscopy. When at the hospital, he came in and put me at ease before the procedures and explained what would be happening. The follow-up visit was informative...he took lots of time to answer my questions and to make suggestions. Both his nurse and receptionist were available to speak to me during several phone calls prior to my procedures. I have already reccommeded him to family and friends.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2012

Not a very good doctor. He may be knowledgeable but he's so rushed. He diagnosed me and never explained anything about my disease. I had to research online and see my family doctor. He just wrote a prescription for Domperidome and told me to take it. He could not let go of the fact that I was depressed when I was there for stomach pains. Wouldn't you be depressed too if you were in pain 24/7? It's not a condition, Doctor! It's a symptom of my pain. It didn't cause my pain. Even after finding out that my entire stomach was red and that I had Gastroparesis, he only wanted to talk about depression and not a word about the Gastroparesis. On the plus side, his receptionist was nice. His nurse is fairly scary. I gave him a 3 for knowledge because he found out what I had but he didn't explain anything to me so who knows what he knew about my disease...

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Had endoscopy and colonoscopy by Dr. M. He is very knowledgeable and caring, takes time to talk to you and explain the procedures. I do not hesitate to recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2012

Doctor Massicotte is a very busy man and he handles his practice in a way that can efficiently handle the amount of patients that he has. He is polite, compassionate, efficient, and very pleasant. He does dictate into a tape recorder, but what's wrong with that. He's doing his job in a way that nothing is left out and at the flick of a button. I went for both tests, both ends that is, and I found him very careful and caring. But you better raise the head of that bed and stop drinking diet soda or he'll tell you straight. "you have to do your part too." :>)

flag | Submitted October 12, 2010

Saw him in 2009 for stomach problems and sever acid reflux. He explained very little about the results of endoscopy. He had no idea why I was having those symptoms. "Maybe food allergies", he said. I have none. He had nothing to offer, and dismissed me quickly. Later he wrote a letter to my family MD, and, behind my back, advised to prescribe me anti-depressants. His nurse was extremely rude and drenched in perfume.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2010

I have had 2 colonoscopy's with Dr. M. Very pleased with his handling and follow-up meeting. Most important, my wife was also pleased.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2010

Very busy practice but also very helpful and gave good information to specific questions. It is a bit unnerving to have information being dictated as you meet but also very efficient and likely improves accuracy too.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

I found this Dr. to be very patient and kind. He explained everything and was very helpful.I also found him to be very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

You get the distinct feeling you're interrupting his day just by being there. Seems knowledgeable, but he dictates into his tape recorder rather than talk to you directly.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2009