Ratings for Dr. William Regan

Dr Regan is the best orthopedic surgeon in Canada. I had an extereme case of tennis elbow on the right and left side. After two per-surgery consultations at which Dr Regan took the time to review x-ray and MRIs with me and assess my non-surgical options, he peformed tennis elbow surgery on my right side in November 2016 and I recovered about 70% function which is amazing as my right elbow was the most calcified he had ever seen. Excellent post-operative care; flexible with meeting dates, detailed knowledge of recovery options. I will be seeing him for left elbow surgery fall 2017. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2017

Now a year after my surgery and still getting even better. This surgeon made a silk purse out of a sow

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Best surgeon ever. I have now had 7 surgeries on my elbow. 2 by the original surgeon seen when I dislocated, fractured, chipped and tore the muscles & ligaments 40 years ago. Dr. Regan has performed the last 5 and has kept me with the use of my real arm. He is innovative and extremely knowledgeable. My scars are barely noticeable. He is the only surgeon that I could find that would even take me as a patient. No one else would help or attempt to help me as my injury is very bad. I am devastated I have moved to Alberta and will need to find someone to continue my care. Not an easy search.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

I cannot praise Dr. Regan enough! For such a highly esteemed specialist, he is exceptionally humble and willing to explain complex medical matters in terms that I could undestand. He even showed me how to read my MRI scans and precisely where the issues were. The arthroscopic shoulder surgery that he performed on me was so skillfully executed that I needed nothing but Advil for pain post-op, and the physiotherapist was astounded at how quickly I began to recover! I am having the same surgery on the other shoulder in a few days, and feel very blessed to be in the care of Dr. Regan (and the staff at the Cambie Surgery Centre) once again!

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

Has had Dr. Regan operate on my elbow a number of times & he's fantastic. Smart, considerate, great bedside manner. Recommend him easily. You would be lucky to get him.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

Saved my shoulder. Awesome doctor. Very interested in your injury. Easy to communicate with. After several surgeries Dr. Regain operated and now I'm back to work. Thanks so much.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I met Dr Regan at WorskafeBC in the visiting specialist clinic for my rotator cuff tear. I liked Dr Regan, he's a very nice man, explains your injury for you to understand. When he talked about my injury, used my Xray's and ultrasound to show you the extent of the tear. What I liked about his approach that my surgery, should be my last option and was impressed how I exercised, stretched, used various professional to help me improve with my injury. At present time I don't require surgery, Dr Regan made his recommendations and will see him in a few months for another consult. Dr Regan is caring, kind and he put's you at ease, during your consult.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I am deeply grateful to Dr. Regan for fixing my shoulder. Following a workplace accident 7 months ago that broke the scapula in multiple places, I was told by other surgeons that nothing could be done, and I would have to live with the reduced mobility and pain. Not to mention I would not likely be able to return to work falling trees. Thankfully, I was given Dr. Regan's name by an eye surgeon who said he had heard great things about him. Dr. Regan is highly skilled, he's very easy to talk to, and he clearly knows his stuff. Thanks to his abilities, I am now pain free, and will be returning to work after rehab. Very thankful to be his patient! Dennis from Campbell River.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2015

I had a torn rear labrum.Mr Regan repaired it but along with the repair came a whole set of new problems.range of mobility is ruined and I'm in pain most of the time.it locks,catches and I can feel crunching in there upon movement.I had the procedure done 5 yrs ago.I will get a different opinion this next time.I don't believe mr regan is interested in normal folk.I think he is more interested in people that pay $$ and pro athletes.

Submitted February 25, 2015

Great surgeon and very personable. Never felt like just another patient.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015