Ratings for Dr. Peter Bhiro

I recently had the pleasure of meeting Dr Bhiro; my poor dad was sick for a week with much coughing and his doctor stopped taking his Insurance plan and could not see him. My dad is old school and refused to see a doctor since it was just a common cold. My elderly neighbors told us about their doctor, Dr Bhiro and said they will come with us to his office where they asked Jody to please see my dad. My father has United HealthCare and no one takes it around here. We got there and his office was packed...I mean very busy...whew. Jody spoke to Dr Bhiro and they got us in after a wait which was worth it. Even though he was extremely busy, he spent 23 mins with my father and said to me "this is not a cold, please take him to the hospital." He explained that he suspected a heart attack possibly even though my dad said he felt great and just a little cough.Long story short, my dad was admitted at Community medical and diagnosed with a heart attack. He had a stent placed and was discharged 3 days later. I don't know how to thank him but i do. Thanks for saving my dad.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2015

My grandmother and I love Dr Bhiro; she just loves going there to see Jody his wonderful manager and to get dr Bhiro's hugs; he s the warmest doctor we have ever been to. I recently got medical insurance a year ago and no-one would accept me as a patient until my granny begged dr bhiro to. I made mistakes years ago with the wrong crowd and now in a Methadone Program; Dr Bhiro looked past that and said he will gladly be my doctor for my other medical problems and diabetes. On friday Sept 5th as I sat waiting for him, I saw a tall redheaded gal from my Methadone program who happens to be a trouble maker; after she went back to the doctor, I told my boyfriend with me that she was going to cause problems here as she always does at our methadone clinic; guess what, within 10 minutes of going back with the doctor, she came our with her partner yelling and screaming profanities as she left. Well, many of the patients laughed as she walked out because many of us there were his usual patients. Of course,nothing ever phases my doctor, he is always cheerful and smiling. I imediately warned him of the girl who just barged out in the middle of her appointment...he just smiled. And by the way, I love seeing him in shorts; it keeps my granny's blood pressure down and i appreciate why he protects himself from all the bronchitis and colds going around by wearing a face mask. Please do not change.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2014

I was into see my doctor today and for the first time I see what the poor guy and his staff have to put up with. I am so thankful for his warmth and kindness he has shown my entire family over the years. We lost everything years ago and did not want to change doctors and begged him to take our terrible state plan Horizon NJ health which he did as a favor. He saved my husband's life a few months ago after my husband was in the er for heart racing. er doc sent him home and said it was all anxiety. Of course the er doctor said to follow up with your pcp which Dr Bhiro got us in immediately when we called. Dr bhiro who knows my family for the last several years said this is definitely not anxiety; got on the phone with a cardiologist and got my husband into see the cardiologist within an hour; a ekg in the cardiologist showed my husband was having a heart attack even though he had no pain. my husband had 4 stents placed that day at Deborah hospital. Thank you Dr Bhiro for saving my other half. Ps...the staff at community hospital were wonderful not to mention Dr Sobti, the Cardiologist that Dr Bhiro got us into see. I am in tears as my husband had major blockages and would have died that day.. Dr Sobti said go and call your pcp and say thank you. We love you Dr B. from Gina and Sal and the whole family.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Horrible Dr.!!!! I went to see him and he is extremely unprofessional, has very poor bedside manner, and unless you have a simple cold he flat out refuses to help you and tell you to go to the ER or a specialist!!!! This is for things that normal doctors would treat!!! Not to mention that he walks around in shorts and a tshirt with a mask on his face which is both uncomfortable and extremely unprofessional for someone in that field!! My experience was horrible and I walked out mid appt! And this was after waiting over am hour and a half AFTER my appt time (which it also took me 2wks to even get in to see this sorry excuse for a Dr!) Do yourself a favor and find a different Primary!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Lol.....I have been the doctor's patient for 15 years.....never saw this guy smoke a cigarette. All that I know of him is that he is into healthy eating and exercise, and has been one of the warmest doctors and christian missionary I know. I think he will have a big laugh when I tell him about this. Yes, in the summer the doctor does love to dress down in shorts....so do I. Must be another drug seeking person wanting narcotics.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2014

My brother had his initial visit last fri with Dr.Bhiro and saw the Dr in the parking lot smoking a cigarette. He came into the office in shorts and a t-shirt. Sent him for blood work and when he told the staff of his excruciating pain in his heel, they suggested he go to the ER. Of course the following Mon, the Dr. is not in the office

flag | Submitted August 25, 2014

I have been battling a weight issue for the last 12 years of my life. I saw an endocrinologist and he said he could not find any problems with me and my thyroid was functioning perfect. In the last year, I have been severely tired and as a teacher in my mid 20's and dealing with children, I found it hard to get the strength to make through the day. Then I was referred to a rheumatologist for chronic fatigue syndrome. I followed that advise and was told I had fibromyalgia. One of my coworkers mentioned Dr bhiro; desperate I saw him. He was attentive and went over my records in detail. After a careful physical exam, he found an enlarged thyroid. To make a long story short, after our first visit, for the first time, I was given hope. He warned me that he will run an extensive barrage of tests which he did. I had a spit test and a bunch of blood work done. I was diagnosed with Addison disease; I started his therapy; for the first time in a long time, I feel great. I want to get up and work

flag | Submitted October 26, 2013

A friend told me about Dr Bhiro, I had a physical with him the first week in September 2013. During that visit Dr Bhiro never asked me about my health history just if I had any current complaints about my health. He then went into his advertising rant about his health and wellness programs. He gave me a script to have blood work done and I never heard from the office with results. I have phoned 3 times now and can never get through to the actual office staff. They schedule people like cattle and you wait quite a while before being seen. When I signed in there were 3 other people sitting with me who were scheduled at the same appointment time as me. He is not caring or compassionate, he moves you in and out with little or no interaction. First and last time I will ever step foot in his practice.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

This office dose not care about there patients well being only about billing your insurance co or taking as much cash out of your pocket as possible! The hours of operation are not correct your lucky if he's there twice a week for maybe 4 hours and 99% of the time don't answer the phones it's sent to an answering service which dosent allow u to even leave a message! My last apointment was at 9:15 am on a Wednesday the know it all secretary called to cancel at 9:11 am and then the dr went MIA for 8 days after that took a vacation and didnt get a dr to cover him! Leaving patients to suffer or get treated absolutely horrible by his secretary who seems to think she's a doctor herself!!!!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2013

Dr Bhiro is one of the most compassionate and caring physicians I have ever met. I became a part of his integrative medicine clinic 6 mnths ago after getting nowhere with my health for rheumatoid arthritis. i was tired of using meds and not getting anywhere. In under 3 months of his program, my rheumatoid numbers returned to normal levels and only occasional pain. All i did was his natural IV therapies and herbal supplements. I want to say thank you dr bhiro. Lucille

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Dr. Peter Bhiro's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1993)