Ratings for Dr. Gwyn Bebb

No one wants to have cancer, but if you have it then you are in good hands with Dr. Bebb. His staff is a bit hit and miss. Kate is awesome but the nurse who deals with clinical trials is not in the right job. Don't know how else to put it. You can tell he cares about his patients and he's taken lots of time to talk things over with me. Other appointments have been rushed. He's likely overworked. That's part of the medical experience in Canada. Sometimes he's been on time (within half an hour); other times 2 hours late. He's the director of clinical trials at tbcc so he's up on whatever treatments are available. You always have to be an educated patient and advocate for yourself though. One time I was feeling really unwell and called. They sent me to the ER and he even called me whilst I was there and talked for half an hour. He's a good doctor and he cares. The system is not what it could be. I had chemo after surgery. It was tough to be sure. I felt and still do believe I'm in safe hands with Dr. Bebb; as safe as one can be with a recent diagnosis of lung cancer.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

We saw Dr. Bebb three times. First visit he told us there was cancer, it was complicated, let's wait and see try this drug. Second visit was the same, third visit well it is too late! He was not very helpful and did nothing, now it is too late!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Bebb is now, and has been my Dr. for the past 4 yrs. There is a great deal of comfort taken when you have total trust in your Dr. The man is a cancer patient's dream doctor. He is kind and compassionate. He will answer the same question 10 times, until you understand the answer. You never feel rushed or foolish with him. He is soft spoken, extremely knowledgeable, and he listens to what the patient says. He has never steered me into chemo, but will offer up an honest answer when my husband asks what he would do in this situation...or if the patient was his mother or his wife. There is so much more to a Dr. than just prescribing chemo...and Dr. Bebb is the best... I was so very lucky to get him as my oncologist. I trust him with my life.......

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Gwnyn Bebb treated my husband several years ago. Although in end he lost to lung cancer, we definitely thought he was the best oncologist - very compassionate, honest and very knowledgeable in his field. His staff was kind and helpful and did the best they can to treat and comfort our family during the hardest time. Thank you Dr. Bebb and staff.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2012

I love Dr. Bebb, he is the best. Very warm and make me feel good when I talk to him. The best

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I echo all the sentiments above...smart, professional, caring, compassionate, knowledgable...simply the best. Cancer is scary. Dr Bebb takes that fear away. He holds your hand and wipes away your tears.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2011

Extremely good bedside manners. Dr. Bebb delivers efficient, aggressive (but mindful) and most of all, compassionate treatment to his patients. Extremely pleased to have been directed to this physician.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

Dr. Bebb and his staff are so nice. Bebb is a very compassionate man with excellent bed side manners. He tells you straight up what's going on and what the plan is. There is no beating around the bush with him. Would highly recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

The Tom Baker Cancer Centre is a tremendous resource for Calgary and area. Dr. Bebb and his staff are unfailingly courteous, helpful and efficient - a friendly and happy group.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2008