Ratings for Dr. Craig Shaughnessy

DO NOT GO HERE, unless you like waiting like you’re at the DMV. I have been here 4 times and left without being seen twice. If you manage to get seen by dr Craig shaughnessy he will spend another 45 minutes going over your entire medical history even though you may have just seen him. If you have a whole day to waste this is your place if your busy like the rest of us go elsewhere!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

Took 3 calls to make an appt as the staff were very rude. The medical assistant didn't know how to use the new computer program so the Dr did it. With his bsck to me the entire appt. 3 weeks later my Rx are not called in. I have called the office several times. No one seems to care. I am changing doctors asap.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

While he has been timely for my last two appointments, I often feel that my concerns are disregarded and minimized. His tone can be condescending - as if I am the "idiot" who does not know what my symptoms are. I agree with previous reviewer who noted that he often avoids performing simple tests and jumps to the simple, but wrong, conclusion. I will not be returning - on 2 occasions over the past 5 years, I have been sent for blood work and have not received any calls to follow up on the results with me. I have called the office numerous times to ask to have him call me with the results and still, nothing. I had blood work done 3 weeks ago for possible Mono diagnosis and can't even get a return call about the results. Inexcusable and unprofessional. I'm not sure if it is his fault or Potomac Physicians as an office - either way, I would not recommend this office to others.

flag | Submitted April 20, 2012

Shaughnessy has always been super late for appointments but last week was an all time record. 1 hour and 40 minutes after my scheduled time I finally went back to be seen! I had to work that evening and had to rush through the appt so I wouldn't be late. Then he was supposed to call in a new prescription for me, that was a week ago and it's still not at my pharmacy. I just called and whoever I spoke to at Shaughnessy's office "can't guarantee that it gets called in today." 8 days is WAY too long to wait for an rx! I desperately need a new doctor but don't want to just pick someone out of a book.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2010

Sometimes I feel that he is interacting with his computer more so than me, the patient. He mis-diagnosed something that I ended up needed surgery on. I often feel that he doesn't ask all the necessary questions and simply jumps to the easy and common conclusion rather than conducting a few tests to ensure things are normal

flag | Submitted May 19, 2010

Dr. Shaughnesy heards pts. in like cattle. It's hard to find humor in the dry jokes of his bed side manner because his breath is so fowl (really!) and he often seems disheveled. He doesn't seem to care about the quality of his work. On his desk records were stacked dozens deep. It seemed like a #'s game. I got into taxi with one of his patients who had more concerns and referred to him as a wack.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2009

He is very plesant to talk to, but I wish he would be on time for appointments.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2008

Dr. Craig Shaughnessy's Credentials

• American Univ Of The Caribbean, Sch Of Med, Plymouth, Montserrat (Grad. 1985)

Top Hospitals in Bel Air, MD