Ratings for Dr. Trina E. Espinola

Very knowledgeable doctor and highly skilled in surgical techniques. She can come off a bit cavalier but I am not offended but appreciate her confidence. I think she is a great doctor and like most doctors today is over worked, under paid and under appreciated.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

At first we were ok with the doctor but then things started getting worse we felt like we were stupid every time we have gone in there THE PA is wonderful but Trina Espinola has by far the worse bed side manner and doens't care about the person but more the surgerys. My Son has has Tonsilitis since feb and she keeps pushing my surgery back and back and then to find out from her mouth to are ears that she isn't going to do surgery till are insurence company pays her all the money they owe her.. IF you can go some where else to. I recommend going to pediatric otolaryngology they are wonderful and care about the children... TRINA should have her licence revoked worse DR EVER!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2016

Dr Espinola was very thorough and spent much time diagnosing my problem. I felt that not only did she know how to treat my problem, but was both compassionate and kind.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2015

look for a different doctor for thyroid surgery,also get second opinion from another out of area doctor.they love to do surgery and over charge you and your insurance.whats not mentioned on any of her web sites is pay before you see her or any of her associates. get your money out our leave the office. very rude, also the doctor that did my wifes iodine radiation treatment two months later, whos non affiliated with dr trina espinola said the cancer type my wife had was so minor and superficial it could have been left alone. shes 47. also the parathyroid she transplanted was a failure....did not take ...which is normally 98 to 99% successful...now she needs many meds for the rest of her life....so think twice before you choose her and her associates ...there only out to line there pockets with money!money!money!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

My first appointment was a routine visit. The doctor briefly looked into my ear, and decided that I needed a CAT scan, and then told me to make a follow-up appointment in 4 to 6 weeks. The following week, I had the CT scan done, and then I made my appointment for 4 weeks after my initial visit. Two days before the second appointment, I received a bill in the mail that was higher than what my insurance company Explanation of Benefits (EOB) said I had to pay. I called the billing person, and right off the bat, she was very rude, stating that I needed to pay what they charged. If I didn’t know any better, the way she handled this made me think this is a common event. I decided that I would bring the bill in, so that I could discuss this fault in person, perhaps with someone with more poise and consideration. On the day of my scheduled appointment, I showed up on time. The front desk person said that in order to be seen, I needed to pay today’s co-payment, plus the remaining balance. I stated I would pay today’s co-payment, but that I would like to resolve the error in the unpaid balance. She stated that I would need to speak with the Office Manager, and resolve any billing issues prior to being seen. I told her that I had just received the bill only two days before. She said that it didn’t matter, and that payment was expected now. I waited 20 minutes in the waiting room for the Office Manager. He led me to an office, and stated that I needed to pay the bill undisputedly. I showed him the Explanation of Benefits from the insurance company, showing I owed less than this bill. After asking me if I was really going to dispute 15$, he agreed that I owed less, and it needed to be paid now. He was curt, rude, and also showed signs of a person who deals with sort of thing often. I told him that I was upset that I had been forced to miss my appointment that I had showed up on time for, because of an error in their billing. I then told him that this office seems to care more about getting paid than their patients. To that, he stated that they are just “trying to stay afloat”. (I couldn’t believe he said that, we are talking medicine here, and everyone knows that Doctors, especially Specialty Doctors are not usually struggling.) I told him I would pay what the insurance stated that I owed, and that I want nothing else to do with this office. I would avoid this place at all costs. There are several bad reviews online, and I completely agree with them. In my opinion, this office does not care about their patients, just the amount of revenue they can generate. Patient be weary, this place is a rip off. The employees are very rude, condescending, and unhelpful. Make sure that your bill from them backs up to what your insurance says you owe, because it is clear that they are ripping people off, are intolerant of anyone asking any questions regarding mistakes in billing (which happen more often than not), and are not there for your care or health. They exemplify everything that is wrong with healthcare, and are in the business of making money at all costs.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

Screwed up two surgerys and blamed everything except her own incompitence......it took nine more surgerys by a real doctor to get almost back to normal......stay away....please stay away

flag | Submitted November 17, 2014

Never got the billing correct and were very rude Dr Espinola put me through several unnecessary procedures which I believe were performed solely to increase her bills to my insurance company. She even tried to charge in excess of 20000 for a procedure that was never performed. She gave me a throat and tongue cancer scare which required an unnecessary surgical biopsy which was negative. She is definitely the wrong ENT to see as your physician. She never the diagnosis correct and was an egotistical arrogant incompetent physician. Do your self a favor and don't make an appointment with her.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2014

As another person mentioned, you meet with PA first who was was not very knowledgeable but acted as a gatekeeper to seeing surgeon. At the end of visit, Espinola saw me and was VERY abrupt, cut off my inquiries, and made several inappropriate and off-handed remarks. I don't care how competent a surgeon she may (or may not) be, if you are that deficient in interpersonal doctor-patient skills, you need to think about retiring. Waiting room was clean and fine, but patient room had significant dirt along floor perimeter. Much worse, the ENT tools were sitting on the counter when I entered room, all but one insturment were not on paper or any sort of sterile background. AWFUL experience! Severely deficient in patient communication and concern. Would you want to entrust your surgery to someone whom you can't comfortably discuss your care or give input?

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

over an hour wait time! def not worth the wait. Dr. was very arrogant. You first get seen by the nurse practitioner. She only listens to her not what you have to say. Only interested in conducting unnecessary tests, to make money! Does not explain anything to you. One of the worst experiences I had at a dr. office.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

Dr. Espinola saved my life! She is the best doctor I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. She's honest and direct and will stay up all night working on your case. I highly recommend her. Since I moved across the country, I would fly back to FL just to see her if needed.

Submitted November 24, 2010

Dr. Trina E. Espinola's Credentials

• Tulane Univ Sch Of Med, New Orleans La 70112 (Grad. 1987)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal