Ratings for Dr. Martin E. Simons

I've been with Dr Simons for 6 years but I would switch physicians if I could. Pros: - His staff are absolutely wonderful and helpful, I am grateful to Carolyn and Sherry for all of their support. - Dr Simons is clearly an expert in his field, and experienced in the operating room. - He has regular clinic hours at Toronto Western so I can usually see him within a week if needed. Cons: - Despite his knowledge, Dr Simons doesn't seek to educate, even when directly asked. - He never anticipates concerns I have, and even when asked about a specific concern, he usually just dismisses me or makes a joke. - I appreciate that he is eager to perform procedures as I need them (this is a pro) but when we meet, he struggles to refresh his memory of why we are meeting and the outcome of a recent procedure. It makes me feel like he walks into the operating room without any idea of who he's operating on. - I have had multiple embolizations with him and each time the result has been different — he does not advise me when there have been complications so I am left to figure it out on my own. I am currently recovering from the worst complication I've had yet with no medical advice from him, despite being asked directly what I should do to encourage my recovery.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

He performed a UAE and I had no complications. He is so easy to talk to and he answers all your questions.Highly recommend him. I had to see him again relating to it and he was great.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I went to Dr. Simons for sclarotherapy and had three sessions with him before finding a new doctor. I found him and his staff to be extremely unprofessional, including one of the male nurses hitting on my mother and I in the recovery room. During my first procedure he did not wait for the sedatives to hit my blood stream before he began, and during my third procedure I informed him multiple times that I was in pain and he just told me I'm fine. I am still experiencing side effects from the last procedure which was month ago. I highly suggest trusting a different doctor with your health.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

Extremely informative and helpful. Assistant very friendly. Dr. Simons very friendly and professional--he is an expert. My son had a venous malformation in his calf and Injection Sclerotherapy procedure done 2-days later and initial consultation. Success rate 70% after one procedure even though we may go for one more treatment if needed. I highly recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

Appointment was great, Doctor seemed very friendly, helpful, knowledgable and accomodating for me, coming from 2 hrs out of town.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Dr. Simons and his staffs are friendly and knowledgeable. I had an embolization procedure with him last year and my result is great. I would recommend him to anyone that needs an experienced radiologist.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2011

I would highly recommend Dr. Simons as he is professional and quite funny. I have a large Vascular Malformation that required deep vein Sclerotherapy. He didn't use a local anethestetic on me as it isn't exactly needed. I was sedated and was given Fentanyl to manage the pain. Yes it did hurt, but Dr. Simons kept me calm during the procedure and talked to me through out it. Yes I am still in pain and always will be but at least the tumor is smaller now and will not continue to affect the growth of my leg. Also his staff is pretty funny as well.

flag | Submitted May 1, 2011

Dr. Simon performed Deep Vein Sclerotherapy on me in 2005 and literally ruined my life. After this treatment I'm a chronic pain patient... I went to him with a small problem and came out with chronic pain... He was unprofessional, did not administer the procedure properly and wrote wrong report. Run away from this ****... he has no sympathy and very rude... He operated on my without giving me local anesthesia and got angry during the procedure that I was moving my knee too much... He forgot to put tornique on my knee before performing deep vein sclerotherapy... but in his report he wrote that he put tornique and gave me local anesthesia... Never told me what to do after the procedure other than just live your life normally... normal for me was to sit 10 hour a day... Now I lost my lost my job, have pain all the time, cannot sit... and on top of all that when I went back to complain... he said that I was making it up... Please, please do your due diligence before to see his MF..

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010

Dr. Simons is calm, professional and is great at explaining and making you feel comfortable, i HIGHLY recommend him . He sure knows his stuff. he event took the time to consult with other specialist before the surgery..

flag | Submitted December 5, 2010

Dr. Simons is very positive and jovial - he makes you feel comfortable when talking about serious things. He had good recommendations and was knowledgeable and thorough - we would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2008