Ratings for Dr. Walter W. Chatham

I went in with a lupus diagnosis. I still had many questions. Everything I asked he just dismissed as not lupus....has nothing to do with it. He did allow me to ask questions, but I felt as though he had dismissed my concerns already. I later found out that some of these symptoms were lupus related. I don't understand how all these people love him. He made me feel like a hypochondriac and I'm not....just wanted some real information on how to function with this disease. I went back to my regular doctor and she has treated me successfully up to the point, but my symptoms are worsening after almost 6 years and I need to find a rheumatologist for more advanced treatment. Was amazed that Dr. Chatham was #2. He is very knowledgeable, but I didn't feel comfortable with him at all.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Chatham for 5 years and I recommend him highly. The office staff has always been helpful and courteous. I have very rarely had to wait very long. Dr Chatham is very knowledgeable and he's always been friendly and helpful, with a great "bedside manner". I have had some strange and confusing symptoms and he's been very helpful explaining things to me. I signed up for the "Patient Portal" so I can email him questions and he has always replied fairly quickly. I also had an issue one Friday afternoon and I called his office right before 5:00 p.m. and he personally called me back within 20 minutes. So, I have nothing good to say about him and his staff!!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Having been a nurse since 1979, in various settings, private and public sectors, I can say without reservation, that UAB is one of the most organized, efficient, caring, knowledgeable, facilities I have had the pleasure of experiencing. Works like clockwork. With many health issues and having many specialists, I can say without reservation, that Dr. Chatham's knowledge, expertise, ability to diagnose and treat, as well as his desire to help far reaches that of the majority. I would highly recommend and happily make the drive to be able to have him participate in my care. His bedside manner is excellent. He asks the right questions and provides the right answers. I was so impressed with him and the facility that I would consider moving closer and continue my care at UAB and no where else. Finding a physician with the qualities, the continuity of care and the knowledge and concern in our current culture and with our national health care issues is difficult. There is hope. Delighted!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2009

I drive, happily- I might add, from North Alabama to see Dr. Chatham. He has always answered my questions when asked and has always been honest and pleasant. He has called me personally to check on symptoms and when pregnant with my children, kept as close an eye on me as my OB/GYN.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2009

very knowledgable and helpful. highly reccommend him. we've referred numerous people to him and they have all been pleased.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2009

I have never had a bad experience at Dr. Chatham's office. They are always kind and considerate. He never leaves the room without asking if there is anything else I need to ask. He is usually available if I need him. So far I have no complaints and I have been going to him for several years.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

Dr. Chatam is the only doctor that has diagnosed my rare immune disorder correctly. I am very grateful. I had gotten incorrect or no diagnoses from a number of doctors at UAB, but thanks to Dr. Chatam I have the right diagnosis. I found him to be very knowledgable.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2008

This Dr. has no bedside manners and it takes forever to get the results back from your test and then its a letter you can't read.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2008

Dr. Chatham was very kind and helpful on my office visit. He didn't seem to be in a hurry to get to another patient. He answered all my questions that I wanted answered.He also called me about the blood work that he ordered to be done.I don't see how anyone could say he is a bad doctor.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2007

Doesn't tell you much and is not friendly.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2007

Dr. Walter W. Chatham's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)