Ratings for Dr. Tanya Zouzas

Feel like im bothering her when i wasnt feeling well. No call about tests so i waited a week freaking out. Office hours are terrible as wekk

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Called the office today hoping to get seen. Oh no but wait? (Girl who answered the call) What's wrong (me) I'm not feeling well all of a sudden had a sharp ear pain, eyes got a little blurry, and was feeling a little disoriented" She puts me on hold and comes back after about 2 minutes and say's "Dr. Zouzas said you need to go to the ER she will not see you in the office" I said "I think it's just my iron might be low and just might need a prescription" girl in the office "no she won't see you, you have to go to the ER". Well easy for her to stay she is not the one with a $150.00 copay! You are suppose to be my primary and this is the reason I never go into see you just prefer going to the walk in. It's not like I am having a heart attack or a stroke otherwise I would have gone to the ER instead of calling your office! WORSE DOCTOR EVER!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I have never had a problem with Dr Zouzas. I love the right to the point attitude. No waste of time plus no candy coating anything! As far as referrals go I'd rather go to a specialist regarding my illness that knows more than an MD. get it done right! All these people complaining about going to specialist should be glade your going to the best person to take care of you! More insurances have changed that everyone will need a referral. I know mine just changed no more PPO! As far as people in the office been there on a sick visit and it was packed. Been there at different times i e... first one in the AM, right after lunch, right before lunch, and no one in the office! GREAT I'm in and out!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

I am surprised by all the negative comments about Dr. Zouza. Both my husband and I have been going to her for years and love her. She is a bit hyper and that may be why some of the comments are negative, but she genuinely cares about her patients. I have never left an appointment feeling frustrated or uncared for. Her staff is excellent, too, and I highly recommend them. I am also never the only one in the waiting room. She always has other appointments when I am there, and still is punctual.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

She has a terrible temper. Her staff is NOT knowledgeable about HIPPA. She embarrassed me in the waiting room. Yelling at me. Horrible experience. She is punctual because she rushed you in and out. Does not listen. Farms EVERYTHING out to specialists. And I mean everything. I was dx with bone cancer and she doled out Vicodin 15 @a time and told me I was talking too much. Got put on mso4 @ MGH. She lacks compassion.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Dr. Zouzas is not very nice. I felt insulted by the way she talks. Also, when I go...i'm the only person waiting....and I could be there for like 30-40 mins and nobody takes me in. So I'm guessing people don't want to see her..but I have no idea why it takes forever to see me. I drive by her office all the time..but I forget the office is still there because I just never had any good experience. Also, they make referrals a lot. Seems like they're in the business of referrals. "oh, you got a skin condition...to the dermatologist....ear...to the ear doctor". And going through them takes time. I takes me a month to see a specialist....but with other doctors...they could get you in within a week or so..if not the next day. So I don't know if some politics behind it but the doctor you see could get you to a specialist sooner. I don't mess with hmo or referrals anymore. I got a ppo and people treat you with more importance.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

The staff rating includes many past employees in the 7 years I was her patient. Punctuality is excellent because there was never anyone else in the waiting room when I was there. I don't know if it's because Zouzas isn't an M.D., but her "helpfulness" with my particular problems was nonexistent. The same goes for "knowledge". For example, for the past year my diastolic (bottom number) was always 90 or above. Never once did the N.P. suggest blood pressure medication. In the past two years, I may have seen Zouzas herself once each year. There is a hyper-focus on pushing statin meds, to the point that other potentially serious problems are over-looked. If you value your health and life, find a real doctor.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2014

I can not believe the complaints Dr. Z has on here. I moved to California a few years ago and miss her every time I need to see a doctor. Esp right now. I have been in and out of doctors offices for the last 3 months for a back and sciatic pain and have not even gotten an MRI. These doctors have been treating me with out a diagnoses. If I were living in MA I know DR. would have guided me to fix the problem already. I went to see her for a regular check up and inquired about a numb spot I had on my back(unrelated to my current problem) and she not only gave me a blood test but also referred me to get an x-ray and an ultrasound to ensure I was diagnosed properly. Within one week she had answers for me! She may not be the most sociable Doctor, but she is also not going to keep you in treatment for long just to fill her pockets or assume its nothing when it could be something. I dislike most Doctors and have been to many different ones for that reason. She is the only one I am happy with.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2013

Dr Zouzas has left the building! Had a yearly physical minus the routine EKG-not sure why the omission_My urine waits for at least 30 minutes before being tested.still there when i went back to lab for my blood work. why care? Any bilirubin,if present,is rapidly destroyed by exposure to light. if u like ur liver you might want to know if there was any to detect in that test your ins co. paid for.My meds called in wrong.higher than needed dose on maintenance med, so it messed my levels. Another script for antibiotic, wrong! right drug prescribed to treat a condition less severe than mine, looked wrong so I had to ask pharmacist. the correct amount to take and number of days. should have been writted double the dose half the days. No more calls re:even those concerning lab results that need repeating ASAP.FYI Google Quest Diagnostics & lawsuitS then go to LGH for tests to avoid bogus fees for tests not ordered even ordered by Nurse Prac. New patients dont even know what Dr Z looks like!

flag | Submitted July 10, 2012

I don't think she even reads your record, just rushes in and out of the room- on to the next. The NPs that have worked were great, but unfortunately never stayed. The medical assistants are very poor also.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2012

Dr. Tanya Zouzas's Credentials

• University Of New England, College Of Osteo Medicine (Grad. 1997)

MSP/BC Med