Ratings for Dr. Thomas A. Bisio

I've been seeing Dr. Bisio for about a year now. I'm in college right now for a field under mental health services and I can say that this man is very knowledgeable about the brain and different styles of counseling. His services have made a tremendously positive impact on my life. I've never felt like he was watching the clock, and there have been cases where he gave me a little bit of extra time to finish my thoughts or to bring myself back to a calmer place. There are also times where he is running a few minute behind but I'm okay with that because he is doing it to provide the best care possible to each client. I would never want to be pushed out of his office before I'm settled. He is highly professional, sympathetic, and aware. This office has even been kind enough to give a professional referral to me for a friend that was experiencing a very specific issue. I noticed that several people commented on how difficult it is to get ahold of this office. I will admit that it is not as simple as contacting your dentist or family doctor; however, often that is the nature of mental health practices. When I was doing my original search two years ago most of the offices I contacted had a week long wait time for a response. Allied was one of the quicker offices to get back to me. Since then, I have contacted their office and left messages for Dr. Bisio; he always gets back to me within twenty-four hours and I feel that is acceptable. To address insurance concerns, various insurance companies I've been covered by and several mental health offices have informed me it is my responsibility to be aware of how my insurance policy effects deductibles, co-pays, etc. There are simply too many types of policies and changes that can occur for the office to be responsible for being aware of my particular policy. I know we are coming here for help, but we are also empowered to take control of our financial lives.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

I believe Dr. Bisio may have helped people over time.He did nothing for me.I did not want to rate him on knowledge because he said nothing that would clue me in as to what he knows.At the time I was seeking out counselors I felt comfortable with and did so with a few. Now I have a feel as to what to expect.When we first sat down he said nothing. I waited..and I was the one who started with a few issues Im experiencing. I'm depressed and provided few situtions. He listened and within 15 minutes stated I'm bipolar(not the case).I'm used to seeing a few couselors,they would ask how Im doing,what brings you here,they made sure I was comfortable.They would not come up with any analysis but would share what they think. They would say we need to dive in a little more to really find out whats going on.He asked nothing.I said I know I have ADD,his response"oh yes alot of people have that".Within 45mins he said to take bipolar meds and gave a contact.Now I have a great counselor-I have Adult ADD

flag | Submitted March 8, 2013

I am bipolar. Dr. Bisio helped me through my deepest depressions. I would go as far as to say he saved my life.He is very easy going and easy to talk to, never judgemental. He's the best!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2010

great

flag | Submitted January 20, 2008

Dr. Thomas A. Bisio's Credentials

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Newark, DE