Ratings for Dr. Heather Day

awful woman with horrible manners and is never on time. She thinks that her time is more important than her patients. She doesn't seem to know any more than my GP who provided me proper treatment. I would never go see this poor excuse for a doctor again.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2016

For the last 4 years my husband has been seeing Dr.Heather Day on a constant and consistent basis. He went to her originally because he started to feel pain in his joints. Without doing much testing, she came to the conclusion that his symptoms were arthritic and started prescribing him a plethora of harsh steroids and drugs including Arthrotec. She also was in understanding that my husbands dad had gout, and that that was a genetic disease with similar symptoms and that he was concerned that might have been it. She reassured him that was not the case, and continued to push more drugs on him, to keep his ‘condition’ at bay. Over the 4 years his health has become a huge source of concern, he’s been in much more pain, rehabilitating to his life and lifestyle. Some mornings he wouldn’t be able to get out of bed. He is only 32 now and finally after much coercion from family and friends, has gone to see a new rheumatologist - Dr.Block. Dr. Block did a few initial tests, blood work and CT scans and came back with the diagnosis that it actually was Gout. His uric acid was high which is what he needed to control. For a doctor to have such power over somebodies future, and not take care in what is being prescribed and how it could affect someone’s life is beyond me. I hope that others read this, and choose to source out a doctor that cares about your well being, and not just the kickback they get off of prescribing and pushing expensive drugs that are rehabilitating for a young man’s future and that create a larger income for their practice. Throughly disappointed. My husband will have issues for the rest of his life of the 4 years that he had spent filling his body up with drugs, and now we will be spending that much more money and time to detoxify everything he’s been through. Would never in a million years come close to Dr. Heather Day.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Honestly, seeing some of the negative comments here. I have something to say. Dr.Day is a phenomenal doctor. If you're going to be rude to her, I'm glad she's the type of person to stand up for herself. She's the most patient, and genuinely caring doctor I've had. By far one of the most intellectual people I've ever met while taking the time to talk in jargon I could understand (ie drawing charts, using clear description). Not only did I feel this doctor genuinely cared about my wellbeing, I would welcome her as a friend.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2015

I am so happy that Ii was referred to Dr. Day she was such a caring and understanding. I know I am in good hands under her care :)

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

My GP diagnosed me with rheumatoid arthritis and treated me by regularly increasing the dose of my meds dangerously. The meds were not working and increasing the dose did not help. After 6 months of crippling pain he finally referred me to Dr. Day. After only a few minutes into our first appointment she stated that I do not have rheumatoid arthritis. She diagnosed me and started me on a very different prescription. Within one week I had improved significantly - I could walk again. Improvement in my health came very quickly after that. After 8 years I still see her every six months to monitor my medications and I am still mobile. I have great respect for her knowledge and sensitivity to my health problems and will continue to see her despite her punctuality problems.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I would like to share a rather interesting exchange,I was a witness to while visiting the Ocean medical centre today. A doctor who I later found out was a Dr. Day was having what I would call a heated exchange with a lady I later was able to talk to. This was happening in the waiting area affront of all people waiting there for a treatment. Appararently, the lady-patient was being asked to pay 75 dollars for a missed appointment. The lady-patient was refusing to pay, claiming that she was unable to contact the receptionist and that there was no one at the office and even the answering machine was not deployed. She also stated that she was a month away and she was hoping that at least a remainder of her appointement would be left on her phone like she recieves from other medical offices. Since I can not verify either side of the story I can not say who is right or wrong. But what I heard and thought to be rather odd was a statement made by Dr.Day, quote:" If you can afford to travel you should be able to pay". I assume that would be the reference to the missed appointement fee. When I later approached the lady-patient and asked about her experience, she told me that she was shocked and left speachless by Dr. Day's behaviour. The lady-patient is 75 years old,retired, living on a small pension and is Dr. Day's patient for more than 20 years without missing one appointment. I do not wish to take sides but feel that there should be a better way to communicate then what I was a witness to. PS. Dr Day also stated that: quote" If you don't like it you should go somewhere else".

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

After being kept waiting for over an hour an a half for an appointment that took 7 months to get , this doctor does not even have the courtesy to say sorry. When I told her I was upset for being kept waiting so long she replied - " too bad - get out if you don't like it" I would not go back to her if she was the last doctor on earth.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2014

She was late for appointments.... I was a new patient, and she only allowed 10 mins. per appointment... not helpful at all. She told me on the first visit that she only specialized in the area that I needed assistance, and then at the second appointment she told me she did not specialize in that area at all??? Very confusing!! I certainly would not have gone back for the second app't if I had realized that she was not interested in helping me. Would not recommend at all.

Submitted June 2, 2014

I wish she could be my friend. So comfortable to talk too! Non judgemental and patient.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

She is the best Doctor that I have had and I will continue travelling from out of town to see her twice/year. I have never seen a Doctor so interested in her patients, as to correct mistakes of a GP and watch over you through consultation with your other specialists. Most note worthy, she is very pleasant and a pragmatist as well! She is a winner, don't miss out.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2013