Dr. Lawrence M. Spetka

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Lawrence M. Spetka

Dr. Spetka is a true professional. He is a credit to the medical profession. He performed a ACDF procedure on me ( 70 yr. old male) and I am back to work after a week and a half. Excellent surgeon, takes time in the office to explain everything in detail and is a great person. I consider him a friend . Absolutely the best in the area!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2018

Dr. Spetka did a fine job treating the trigmenial neuralgia. It was totally gone after the surgery. Thank you.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2018

Wonderful doctor with such a good bedside manner. Very happy and healing nicely.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2017

I was in as much pain as I thought I could stand down my left leg. Dr. Spetka completely eliminated all of that and I am very statisfied. Dr. Spetka did my l5/s1 on me in 2002 and that ended that problem back pain foverever too..He is my hero.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

This last surgery was lower back one. before that upper back. neck(thru the) 1st surgery and all went well.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2017

I was pleased with the surgery and the care I received during the recovery as when I called and asked questions I was treated very well and and all my concerns were addressed. I felt like I mattered and to me that seemed important. I would recommend the doctor and staff to anyone I know. Thank you again for your excellent care and support.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Dr Spetka is a good Dr. But his assistant that he has almost makes me want to find a new Dr. She doesn't listen to the patient at all. Then tries to make a diagnosis that is so far off base all because she doesnt listen and seems to be her way or no way. She really has no clue whats even going on with a patient when I go in there. I dont know how she even got her credentials. She will make comments about my condition and I'm thinking you must have the wrong person. I think she must be in there for the money certainly not for patients because she could care less. Then after surgery checkups are a joke. In there 30 seconds and no one wants to listen if there's an issue. All they say is it can take up to a year. I get that but the amount of after pain that I have after 9 weeks should be looked into. Not just say see you in a month just for a money checkup for 30 seconds in room. Then whoever schedule surgery messed up on surgery date and also after surgery checkup date. Hmmm.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

Dr. Lawrence M. Spetka

Dr. Lawrence M. Spetka's response
I appreciate the feedback and extend my apologies for any negative interactions experienced at our office. The concerns described have been addressed with those involved to ensure that incidences such as these will not occur again. It is our goal to always leave patients feeling confident in their care and with a thorough understanding of their condition. Going forward we do hope that patients will see a positive change in the care received. In light of that, if there is any way we can be of assistance we want patients to know that our door is always open. In the meantime, best wishes.

Submitted May 25, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Spetka. He did a cervical discectomy and fusion at C5-6 on me 14 years ago, and I have been very satisfied with the results. I had minimal pain after the surgery the first two years, but since then there is no pain, other than an occasional mild flare. I had a second opinion from another neurosurgeon in Toledo who was ready to put in a titanium plate in my one-level defect ($$). Dr. Spetka did not recommend the plate, and I am so glad. They have their purpose but with only one level, it is often not necessary. It was obvious he was not looking at the money issue in his decision making. He also did a myelogram on me last year for another back problem, and I was very satisfied. No spinal headache. I am looking at another surgery at C6-7 at some point, and I will definitely go back to Dr. Spetka. I hope he doesn't retire before then.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2013

In Aug, 1982, at Walter Reed Army Medical Center, he performed a partial laminectomy, repairing the L5/S1 herniated disc in my lower back. I arrived unable to walk more than 50 yds. The surgical procedure was a true success. For the past 28 years I've been thankful to this wonderful surgeon. I've seen him caring for patients 24 hours per day, unable to find time to go home at night. I was an active duty E-7 then, he was a young major. I've wanted to thank him over all those years. Thank you Dr. Spatka, for saving me from a life of pain & suffering. I've seen so many back surgery patients that were never helped by back surgery.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2011

He is not like other doctor's I've seen... not in it for the money. When he looked at my scans he recommended physical therapy. He addressed my fears and concerns and answered all of my questions. I had seen 2 other neurosurgeons that were ready to operate after talking with me for less than 10 minutes!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr. Lawrence M. Spetka's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Medical College Of Ohio At Toledo (Grad. 1976)