Ratings for Dr. Nelson T. Chao

I can't say enough about Dr. Chao. He's an amazing doctor, kind and caring. I've been going to him for 30 years and when he went on his own I followed him. I've sent numerous people to him and they too think he's the best. I had a workers comp case going on and I told him what they wanted to do. He looked at my x-rays and told me he didn't think it was a good idea. He sent me for a 2nd opinion, a specialist and that dr. said the same thing. So, he saved me from a lot unnecessary pain. When I go for my allergy shots we talk and laugh. I consider him a friend and I ABSOLUTELY TRUST him with my life. He saved my husbands life. He found that he had a life threatening blood disease and he made sure the hospital knew he was coming in and to be ready with the IV med's. Give him a try, I know you will feel the same way as I do. Also, an added bonus is that he works alone. No waiting and he always calls you back. I don't mind spending the 1/2 hour waiting after an allergy shot. His staff is wonderful. I actually don't mind waiting the 1/2 hour after an allergy shot because Chris and I talk and the time just flies by. Give him a try, you'll be glad you did!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

He's a wonderful diagnostition taking considerable time listening to your health issues recommending a course of action. He specializes in Asthma, allergies and internal medicine. Can't ask for a better physician than Nelson Chao!

flag | Submitted September 19, 2014

Dr Chao's visits take well over the confirmed amount of time (ie "this will only take ten minutes" usually equates to 40-60 minutes- so lunch break visits are not really feasible). Dr Chao would not address more than one issue per visit, leaving me with some serious health concerns un-addressed. Additionally, he reviewed scans with me explaining that there were no issues only to read the actual xray DR review and see that I have a deviated septum! As well as some other items that would actually have been helpful in diagnosing. Additionally, the doctor/office never answers their phones. And when they say they will call you back they rarely do. (I was trying to schedule a head scan for a serious issue and the office basically gave up and never called to tell me they were no sure how to proceed. even then, i had to run around making phone calls that the office should have made).

flag | Submitted October 22, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Chao for 6 years. Wonderful DR. Always calls back to check on you or report test findings. Staff is courteous and professional. I needed a physical done asap in order to attend my son's summer camp and was seen in two days.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2011

Dr. Chao has wonderful bed side manners. He is a true professional with vast knowledge. He makes you feel better by his personal approach to helping you. We are glad our family found him.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2011

I was looking for a new internist and went to Dr Chao for a physical. I believe that the staff is a reflection on the doctor and the way he/she treats patients. I do NOT recommend Dr Chao. I had several problems with the experience: 1. His staff knocked and immediately walked in the room without waiting for a response. I was still dressing at the time. 2. When hooking me up for an MRI Dr Chao's MA dropped multiple tabs on the floor and then put them on my skin without cleaning them! 3. The gown they gave me was obviously for a child and even though I'm a small woman it didn't cover much of my body. I had to ASK for a sheet because they didn't seem to think it was a big deal that the gown only covered me to the waist and my underwear and legs were exposed.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Chao cares about his patient. I have a rare condition which is outside of his medical specialty, however, he took it upon himself to do some research. He even contacted other doctors to get second opinion about my blood work. This just proved to me that he genuinely cares about his patients and that he is concerned about his patients' well being.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2011

Dr.Chao is very thourough and proactive in making some ill feel better.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2010

Always on time! Makes time for you that day if you are ill.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I have been a patient for over 10 years. He has always been very professional, knowledgeable, and helpful. He really works with you to solve your problems.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2009