Ratings for Dr. Volodko Bakowsky

I am very glad to have been referred to Dr. Bakowsky, i went from a hospital bed to pain free in a very short time. Great down to earth Doctor!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Condescending and abrupt. Not willing to look at other treatments that have shown to have positive results in medical studies. It's his way or no way. Would rather his patient spend the majority of their week sick and vomiting because the medication is helping their RA (but not their mental health and exasperating other medical issues) rather than discuss alternative treatments. Something is seriously wrong with a health care system that doesn't allow you to change specialists when you don't agree on treatment, even when you find one on your own who is willing to take you as a patient but can't because you already have a doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I have been a patient of Dr. Bakowsky for 12 years, he is very knowledgeable and caring Doctor! He is the best example of what A Doctor should be. I am so glad I was under his care and would enthusiastically recommend him to anyone looking for an examplar rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I have been seeing Dr. Bakowsky for almost a year now, and am so glad I was referred to him. Although his bedside manner may not be exactly what most people expect in a Doctor, I enjoy my visits with him. He is extremely knowledgable and always willing to answer any questions I have. He calls me directly following regular bloodwork, which I have never experienced with any other doctors, and encourages me to call if I have any issues at all. He really seems to care, and wants to find solutions to problems. I can't say enough good about him, and would recommend him to anyone looking for an excellent, experienced rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017

I have Ankylosing Spondylitis and Dr.Bakowsky is very thorough and a great listener. He takes his time to explain and works with you to decide on best course of action. I am so glad he is my rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

I've been seeing Dr. Bakowsky for almost 10 years now and I'm finally coming to the realization that working with him is a bit like being in an abusive relationship - he diminishes me, discounts my concerns, laughs at me, and when I try to address the issues he brushes it all off. He has changed my diagnosis a few times over the years and never really explained himself to me. As a result, I feel confused about my diagnosis, treatment options, and symptoms. While he certainly seems willing to spend the time with you, he doesn't seem to want to listen to anything that you say that doesn't fit his picture. I left his office in tears this last visit and have finally reached the point where I'd rather risk going without care for my AS than continue to subject myself to his 'care'. I'll be looking for another Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Like quite a few of the reviewers below, I found him condescending, unhelpful and abrupt. My problem might not be significant to him, but to me it is. He didn't answer my questions, and pretty much walked out on me. Not sure what his problem was.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

He is a kind and compassionate doctor. Always there for his patients. He goes above and beyond what a normal doctor does....I am grateful to have him take care of my illness. He is wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I have been patient of Dr. Bakowsky's for 16 yrs. I really don't know where I would be today without him. He is an amazing physician and treats me with kindness and keeps my RA very manageable.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Makes you feel like you matter, has been going above and beyond to help solve my health issues. knowing travelling can be an issue he keeps in touch by phone. straight forward and understanding. one of the best!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015