Ratings for Dr. Volodko Bakowsky

I've been seeing Dr. Bakowsky for almost 10 years now and I'm finally coming to the realization that working with him is a bit like being in an abusive relationship - he diminishes me, discounts my concerns, laughs at me, and when I try to address the issues he brushes it all off. He has changed my diagnosis a few times over the years and never really explained himself to me. As a result, I feel confused about my diagnosis, treatment options, and symptoms. While he certainly seems willing to spend the time with you, he doesn't seem to want to listen to anything that you say that doesn't fit his picture. I left his office in tears this last visit and have finally reached the point where I'd rather risk going without care for my AS than continue to subject myself to his 'care'. I'll be looking for another Rheumatologist.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2016

Like quite a few of the reviewers below, I found him condescending, unhelpful and abrupt. My problem might not be significant to him, but to me it is. He didn't answer my questions, and pretty much walked out on me. Not sure what his problem was.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

He is a kind and compassionate doctor. Always there for his patients. He goes above and beyond what a normal doctor does....I am grateful to have him take care of my illness. He is wonderful.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016

I have been patient of Dr. Bakowsky's for 16 yrs. I really don't know where I would be today without him. He is an amazing physician and treats me with kindness and keeps my RA very manageable.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2015

Makes you feel like you matter, has been going above and beyond to help solve my health issues. knowing travelling can be an issue he keeps in touch by phone. straight forward and understanding. one of the best!

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

Caring and kind doctor. He is always working hard to find out the source of one's pain. He allows a person to be a person and not just a patient. He works with you so that you feel heard and cared for....he is amazing. I am forever grateful.

flag | Submitted July 19, 2015

I am so please to have been seen my this doctor,Just can't believe how much better I feel in only a short time .Easy to talk to and never makes you feel rush or unimportant.

Submitted June 23, 2015

I had the pleasure of being referred to Dr. Bakowsky a year ago. After 20+ years dealing with RA. He was kind and gentle but most of all he listened and treated me and not the disease. Now one year later, I feel better than I have for years.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2015

Doctor Bakowsky is one of the kindest and concerned Doctors I have ever known...he really cares about his patients and I always feel grateful to have him. Thank you for always being so wonderful.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2014

Dr. Bakowsky is warm hearted and caring. He has a great deal of knowledge. The kind of doctor that has one foot always on the earth. Open to what his patient believes...he works with you! I always feel great leaving his office. He has a way about him that makes me feel grateful that he is my doctor. Thank you for having me as a patient Dr. Bakowsky!!!

flag | Submitted December 4, 2013