Ratings for Dr. J. Thomas Roland

The best -traveled 4 hours to see him and well worth it

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

My audiologist recommended Dr Roland as a last resort for trying to cure my vertigo symptoms. I saw many doctors but nothing seemed to help. Dr. Roland was everything a doctor should be; knowledgeable, nice..... Thank G-d for Dr. Roland. He sent the right messenger. Now my symptoms are gone. Thank you Dr. Roland!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Dr J Thomas Roland is the best neuro-otolaryngologist around. Aside from his surgical brilliance, his open-mindedness allows him to explain the pros and cons of surgery at a certain point in time, whereas it's his decisiveness that allows his patients to turn to a strong, assuring hand. I'm lucky he's my doctor.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2016

It's impossible to work with his office staff, they ignore you. Period. We had questions about billing and they told us that they would investigate, but instead send to collections without even ever trying to talk to us.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2015

Dr. Roland removed my acoustic neuroma tumor a year ago. He is the most wonderful doctor I have ever met. His bedside manner is fantastic- he comforted me before my surgery and visited me numerous times after my surgery. Although it was a scary situation, the trust I had in my doctors made me comfortable througout the experience. I am very fortunate to have found Dr. Roland!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2011

I have been going to Dr. Roland for ear issues for 5 years. He lost his touch. He cleaned my ear in January and scraped it to the point where he made it bleed. It hurt for days. I have seen another Dr. When Roland cleaned my ear he scraped away the skin too. I might need surgery now.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2011

An absolutely wonderful doctor. He operated on my then 8 year old daughter and fixed her problem. WIth his un-rushed, kind, incredibly tuned-in style, he calmed her before surgery, telling her that he would take care of everything and make sure she'd be fine. She was able to trust him so fully that she relaxed and felt confident as she rode off into surgery. He is the best doctor I've ever met.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2007

Wonderful. Takes his time and listens to you. Does not make you feel rushed. Makes you feel at ease. Best doctor I've been to...

flag | Submitted January 5, 2007

Dr. Roland is down to earth, he listens to you, and is incredibly knowledgeable. He keeps up with all the latest research and knows about the value of evidence in clinical practice. I would recommend him very strongly.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2005

Dr. J. Thomas Roland's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1983)

• BCBS Illinois