You may also like

Rate Dr. Benny Bar-Shlomo

Dr. Benny Bar-Shlomo's Ratings

I completely agree with the last comment,i think the person that wrote the comment before his perhaps drank a whole bottle of cognac before posting that "satire".
I would like to comment that Dr Barshlomo saved my husbands life twice.
He diagnosed him with heart disease and had him into St Pauls for by pass surgery within 2 weeks,he had sucessfull quintuple by pass surgery and that was in 2004 and he has seen Dr Barshlomo every year for an annual check up for the past 11 years.
Then 3 years ago when he was there for his annual check up Dr Barshlomo felt a lump on his neck and told him he thought that could be cancer even though his family dr told him he didnt think it was anything to worry about,Dr Barshlomo told him to wait in the waiting room and he arranged an oncologist in his medical building to examine him right then and there and as it turned out it was indeed cancer,by the time we got on the lions gate bridge to return home to the sunshine coast that surgeon had arranged an appointment for him with a neck specialist and also got him into the cancer clinic to start treatment within weeks.
Well how much more efficient and on your game can you be than that,needless to say we feel so lucky that Dr Barshlomo is such an efficient and caring Dr. and we thank god every day for him,he is our hero for sure,if it wern't for him he probably wouldnt have made it in either situation.
THANK YOU DR BARSHLOMO FOR YOUR EXCELLENCE

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2861605].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Feb 2015
Not sure what the previous rant was all about.
I suggest the person seek other medical help !! for their mind.
When I was sent to Benny for tests he did not hesitate in sending me to Richmond Hosp for a Stress test,MIBI.
Then to St Pauls for an Angiogram.
I had By pass surgery and Benny has seen me promptly every 6 months since.
No worries from my end
DC

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2729378].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

I don't know where to start but I'm only commenting because of the two posts immediately below because I heard (yes hearsay) that he gives gifts of Cognac to his favorite patients every year, one in particular I know is an alcoholic. Could these two be the lucky recipients and are influenced to write this "I Love Benny" stuff? And apparently he's a great holiday lover and really knows how to leave all his (not your) worries behind for long periods of time. Long wait list, long time laying half naked on a cold examination table. If your appointment is for say 1 p.m. for an example make sure you purchase enough parking time and order your dinner delivered at around 4 so you won't have a hypo. Of course he is always smiling and knows this is just in jest but seriously I wish someone would comment on how many months he's away on holiday or other ventures because I'm sure in matters of the heart you want a full time cardiologist because if you should have complications no one in his loose knit corporation covers for him. Very knowledgeable but very uncaring and insensitive. I think those looking for a cardiologist should definitely try their luck at VGH or St. Pauls where they have dedicated cardiac units and far better service and people who actually act as if they care about you. Richmond Hospital is generally a bad place for cardiac patients. Their cardiac rehab is lacking, disorganized, uncaring and is not offered to people who are not liked. And woe is you if they hate you ....well what's the old saw......Doctors Bury their Mistakes. I guess you will know you are liked if you receive a Chanukah gift of a bottle of expensive Cognac every year. Let the rest eat Gefilte fish washed down by Manischewitz wine. BTW Manischewitz is terrible for your heart I suspect. Hey, I make a mean chopped chicken liver but none for Benny, sorry. Anyone else in his circle of friends that would treat me like a human being is welcome to have some. I can't eat it anymore because I had a few heart surgeries partly because Benny failed to not only test for heart disease and therefore didn't diagnose this mess in my chest but wasn't around when I was sick again and had to be rushed to VGH for a stent. His staff didn't care. They told me Benny was on holiday and to get another referral if I wanted to see another cardiologist i the very same office. I ended up in ER, mostly due to the extra stress from his staff while he was absent. There were lots of things that shouldn't have happened and many medical professionals that heard this story, including the quality service manager at the hospital told me 5 times to report them to the College of Physicians complaints dept but I really like Benny and would gladly give my life for his cause and feel that I'm going to get my chance sooner than later. Now THAT's dedication to your doctor, so where is my Cognac? (again this is satire).

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2694630].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2015

Best there is. He's helped my family many times over the years. I love Benny!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305419].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 23, 2014

The Best Cardiologist there is, if not by him with the help of Our God and his Colleague of Doctors ...I'd be long gone!He will help you to maintain a good healthy HEART, He will support, But you have to trust and believe him, Finally you have to have lots of patience to wait in the room, In fairness because they have lots of patients who seek also his attention and help from their ailments, God Bless You Dr. Benny! Shalom!!! Steve E.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305418].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Jan. 22, 2013

I saw Dr Bar-shlomo for a stress test, he was disorganized, we didnt talk at all about the results. The information he gave my family Dr was completely wrong. Certainly would not recommend him to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 29, 2012

Dr Bar Shlomo is the kind of doctor that every patient prays for. He is competent, kind, friendly and flexible. He examined me even though I did not have an appointment and even scheduled me for a stress test before my trip abroad! I am forever grateful to him. Thanks a million Dr Bar Shlomo!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2012

Dr. Bar-Shlomo is a good cardiologist for regular matters of the heart (blocked arteries, etc), but he is not when it is the electrics of the heart. He put me on dangerous medications and would not refer me to an electrophysiolgist who I needed and who saved my life. Do your homework when you need a cardiologist to get the kind you need.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

I have to say, "wonderful docter. very patient and polite. best cardiologist,in the lower mainland certainly!"

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305414].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 22, 2011

Dr. Bar- Shlomo provided excellent care to both my parents. He inspires trust making his patients feel that he will do whatever he is able to help them. Dr. Bar-Shlomo is respectful of his elderly patients and takes the time to explain things clearly, enabling them to participate in their treatment choices. He is a truly dedicated and very fine doctor. Our family is grateful to him.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1305413].votes_count ]]