Ratings for Dr. Benjamin H. Venger

I have been visiting tri state pain from 2011 up until the present. Unfortunately my medication has been abused across the nation and overprescribed in bullhead to the point that I can not fill my script here and haven't been able to in some time. I therefore make the trek to Kingman or havasu monthly. Due to the prejudice of my medication as well as the constant threat of it being taken from me I have never asked for anything other then my refill. I have made sure to stay loyal to tri state for fear of reprisals for 'doctor shopping" and have religiously filled my script at the same pharmacy. I have always tried to be the best chronic pain patient I can be to overcome the drug seeking stereotype persona my medication seems to convey. However, even after all those precautions I too was accused of having drugs in my system I surely did not take. When I confronted venger over the false positives he basically called me a liar. I asked what I was positive for and he claimed of all things heroin. I literally laughed at him. I went on to ask exactly how much was supposedly in my urine and venger claimed a percentage of which was so small I doubt it can even be a amount considered a positive. He then had me pay for a additional urine analysis and only gave me 2 weeks of meds. I then had to return in 2 weeks, pay for another urine analysis and received my other 2 weeks. This went on for 2 months. Unfortunately it was during the holidays. Due to me being a paying patient it was a dismal time financially. I became fed up and called him a liar. I explained I know for a fact he was lying and how dare he accuse a patient of doing that upon such irrelevant circumstances. Upon being called out on his bluff he relented and things returned to normal albeit I no longer saw him anymore. When asking other patients I met several whom said he pulled the same crap on them. Now, him and the other medical staff insult our intelligence explaining they take our meds because the DEA mandates it. What a joke. Not only is that a lie it's insulting they think we are so naive. The DEA has zero bearing on what a doc does with his patient. Then they go on to say it's out of there hands. When they are the only ones with a hand in it. Last month I called them on the BS and niw they say its not them it's the pharmacy. Funny since my pharmacy asked me why they were taking my meds. As of this year they have taken 60 of my pills. I was assured they would take no less then 1 a week. Last month after 7 months of loss they suddenly took 5 then this month they took 10? No explanation! When I voiced that they were all full of it and all the lies were not going to play any more with me they finally saved the excuses and said tough shit you are burnt. I replied with a thank you for the honesty finally. I explained to janekowski that winter is the most painful for me due to my titanium rod and screws and ofcourse the arthritus. I asked to please not take any more of my meds for the winter if nothing and just refill me and she took the 10 out. As if for malice. When demanding a explanation was when I was told tough and to go elsewhere if I didn't like it. I'm serious. For simplying asking to stop taking my meds and to please just the refill. I am unable to moderate my prescription over the month long period because it is reduced every month with no consideration. It went from 4 a month to 5 and jumped to 10. So the last week of the month I live in pain and lack appetite and sleep. A physician should consider the patients health and quality of life over whatever politics they are trying to satisfy. To simply not care while being a pain management clinic no less is pathetic and disgraceful. I am sorry you hate your lives, but please try not to take it out on the patients that supply your check. I'm sorry, had to voice my opinion, I'm done now..

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

He sees 100 patients per day, yes 100. I waited 4 hours last week to get false positives in my urine of drugs I've never taken...next visit after sending my urine for comprehensive analysis, he told me when he was leaving the room that it came back ok. But he once again tells me there were different drugs found I never have even heard of, so he is only giving me 2 weeks of medications still until the 2nd comprehensive analysis shows he is wrong again. I'm there for help, I have MRIs clearly showing my degenerative disc disease but he continues to treat me like a drug seeker and after waiting 4 hours to be treated like that is torture. his N.P.. that sees patients some weeks is my wife's provider there and has told her she almost walked out of the place midday because he was throwing 100 people/day and she said nope... So he dropped her patient load to 60, what a guy. I have my nerve block and steroid injections next month and I'm not holding my breath for him to apologize for calling me a liar on my urine and drug screen. He had a malpractice lawsuit in Nevada after a man brought charges of negligence for incorrectly giving her pain pump the medicine which resulted in his wife's DEATH... He won $500,000. As well as lying under oath to the medical board about his kickbacks from other doctors malpractice lawsuits and intentionally lying, causing CA medical board to take away his license to practice medicine and surgury for 36 months. So he escaped here to Arizona. It's all facts here all of which you can look up online or walk into his waiting room and see how long he makes people in pain wait... He needs a security guard that watches everyone in the waiting room for God's sake. I'm done, and he should be too.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

On my last visit I was told by Dr Venger that “DEA had mandated all patients be lowered to less than 100 mgs of morphine or the equivalent.” I spoke with DEA investigations in Washington DC. I told them Dr Venger had told me. The agent told me there is no DEA mandate or rules about reducing the dose of opioid medications. That DEA and law enforcement are not doctors and does not tell physicians what or how to prescribe medications. The patient physician relationship is one of the most important relationships in your life. Your life literally depends on who you decide to trust with your health care. The relationship depends on the physician trusting the patient, and on the patient having both confidence the physician well trained, and the trust that what the physician tells you is the truth and in the best interest of your health. When physicians make decisions on medication based on lies and alternative truth rather than medical necessity, it’s in the physicians best interest, not the patients.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2017

This doctor has a busy office that effects every patient. And I don't think that helps anybody. This area needs more pain doctors and more people don't get stuck coming here as from the people I know that go there none of them are treated for extreme pain with results that relieve them enough to live part of life. And I have known people who had serious problems and injuries and were helped by other doctors in other regions of the country with their pain problems much better

flag | Submitted August 18, 2016

The staff is rude and could care less if you have to wait 7 hours in pain. It’s obvious they double or triple book appointments. I know because when I sign in to see Dr Venger at 10:00am there’s already two other patients signed in to see him at the same time. When a medical practice makes you wait for hours, it’s obvious they don’t respect you as a patient, or your time. When you make an appointment for 10:00am and you finally get in to be seen at 4:00pm there’s a problem. Now their web page says they have 3 offices, Ft Mohave, Lake Havasu City, and Las Vegas… WHAT Dr Venger can’t run one office efficiently how can he run three?

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

This Dr is actually great, however his staff is truly going to be his downfall. The girl who does the urine testing is the rudest nastiest of the bunch. Trying to say Good Morning to her is like speaking to the devil. Very sad because Dr Venger and Dr Janikowski excel in pain management and they really need to restaff and start over. The "nurses" act like we are ruining their day and can't be bothered with any concerns or questions you may have. I guess if I stood around 8 hrs a day with a urine cup in my hand calling out 50 names to be tested, I would be bitter too. Maybe that office staff should remember that we the patients make it possible to collect a paycheck every week. I highly doubt if any are truly licensed nurses or are medical professionals in this office. Clean house Dr Venger !!! The wait is bad enough but truly your staff is the worst around. Unprofessional and uncaring

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

I had appointment at 1:15 and didn't get seen till 6:55 and walked out at 7:15. I've been seeing pain management specialists for 8yrs and this is the worst most uncaring group of doctors I've ever been involved with. The staff is just as lazy and uncaring has there doctors are. Find another place to go.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2015

Very busy medical office. Forty five minutes after my scheduled appointment time I asked the desk clerk if she knew about how long the wait might be, and she gave me a dirty look and said as you can see your not the only one waiting, and told me I'd be called when it was my turn. Basically I felt treated like a child being told I was to be seen and not heard unless spoken too. I waited another full hour, (almost two hours total) before I was finally called back to sit in a room and wait some more. I was prescribed a medication no area pharmacy could fill, and by the time I got home I was crying in pain.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Never again. I need to spend half a day waiting to see a doctor for a refill like I need a hole in the head.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

We have never seen such an incredibly busy medical office. At the very last visit we had to wait in the car until a seat opened up in the lobby, but more patients kept coming in. One man was so upset he left after waiting too long. We can understand falling behind once in a while due to the important things which take place in a doctors office, but this has happened at every visit. Then to make matters harder, we have to hunt pharmacies to find our medication, and then wait there too. We really don't understand how the Doctor and his staff could possibly think seeing 60, 70, 80 patients a day every day is practicing quality medicine. Things will surely be missed. There is no way quality patient / doctor time can be achieved. Something needs to happen before a patient or two become collateral damage.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2015

Dr. Benjamin H. Venger's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1983)

Amerigroup