Ratings for Dr. Benjamin H. Venger

Please don't trust Dr V Like I made the mistake of doing!

flag | Submitted January 24, 2019

Ben Venger treats everyone like they are drug seekers. He has no compassion for those that are truly in pain nor does he care. They need to get rid of him asap!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Ben Venger is a quack. The biggest lier you will meet. All he cares about is money at the clients cost. The worst staff possible. I hope he needs help one day. May Vanger drop dead soon.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2018

Please!!! People!!!! This Dr. has to obey Federal Drug Enforcement laws as do all pharmacies. He has his hands tied more than you can possibly imagine, and neck deep in paperwork and regulations. Before you say I must work for him , I will tell you right now, I DON'T. I am a patient, as well as a retired RN, and know a professional, knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate Dr. when I meet one. Let's address the Prescription issue....I too have had my monthly RX quantity reduced. This was not by Dr. Venger's order but by the pharmacy because of new regulations put on THEM by the state of AZ.... As you know you need to refill your RX at the same pharmacy, each month. The pharmacy gave me a 30 day warning I would no longer be able to fill my RX as it was written by Dr. Venger....I mentioned this to Dr. Venger, and he was of course aware that this the case, and he told me of all the other pharmacies in the Bullhead, Kingman and Havasu areas doing the same, it was NOT by HIS choice but the states choice....thank you Gov. Ducey. Please look up the law before you jump down the throat of Dr. Venger!!! I have had nothing but friendly , compassionate care not only from him, but ALL of his staff. I wish I could clone this man, because his skill, and his compassion ESPECIALLY in THIS field is sorely needed. If you urine is dirty, there is a REASON for it, other than Dr. Venger trying to GET you!!! Why in heaven's name would he want to in the first place, when his records and test taking procedures are checked and rechecked randomly ALL THE TIME!!!! His license is too precious for him to be dishonest....PERIOD as well as his staff who are also certified and licensed. He is not a miracle worker, and doesn't pretend to be, but he is the best pain management physician in this area. I just hope he doesn't stop practicing due to the heavy burdens placed on this man. God Be with You, Dr. Venger Respectfully, Karen Blackburn, RN

flag | Submitted March 27, 2018

Bad Doctor started cutting patients doses by half each visit because the opioid problem had "gone social" REALLY... Lean about him do a search for "Medical Mafia" in Vegas.... The doctor patient relationship is about trust...

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Never have been treated in such a manner. Vanger cut me off on false testing the day before my appointment no notice reason. This is a poor excuse of a humanbeing

flag | Submitted March 7, 2018

His fnp Carolyn in Havasu is gone and was formally disciplined from the nursing board. These urine results are horrible to hear. They swore I had oxy in my system gave me 2 weeks of meds and to come back for review of test came back negative and they say oh its our urine cups we have problems with them. Carolyn Huang in havasu office was pretty hostile you could hear her talking about patients when you were sitting waiting for your turn. she would make fun of them. denying meds saying she should be in a reality show hahah !! With Venger losing medicaid he had to make the feds really angry to be kicked out. Not too many providers suddenly lose govt. contracts. Pretty sure he will be gone soon. Problem is pain management dr's are hiring pa and np who are not even close to experienced in pain management and is ruining their practice with their inexperience.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

Due to a surgeon in Vegas messing up my bypass surgery, I have a broken sternum that is fractured in several places. I've been told that pain medication is the only help I'll have, since they can't repair it. I started seeing Venger about a year and a half ago. Then all of a sudden, i was told, as others were that DEA mandated that pain meds be cut. Like others, i checked into it, and saw that there is no mandate, and brought it up to Venger, I was told, yeah, but they're pulling liscenses if we don't. Then my last visit I was told that I owed them money, and when I asked why after over a year, i had to pay, i was informed that Health Choice pulled the contract with Tri State. One of the things that makes me angry is that they couldn't send a letter, even a simple chain letter to let people know thatif they have certain insurance, they would have to pay... So now i don't receive enough medication to control my pain, Was outright lied to about it, and now get the privalege of having to pay money I don't have... Another thing is, I have heard of many docs tgat have pulled insurance contracts, but for the insurance company to doit, there is usually a readon. Doc under scrutiny, so on. As far as the DEA Situation, After doing some research, I saw that Venger lost his liscence once due to falsley testifying in court, and taking kickbacks from mal-practice suits that he testified at. Ok, so he's had that issue, so that would put him under closer scrutiny by DEA concerned about medical laws being broken. Now i believe i understand why he is so afraid of losing his liscence. I don't believe that gives him the right to lie to patients, however. I will be trying to find a new doc, and as far as I'm concerned, save yourself some hassle and do the same

flag | Submitted January 13, 2018

I have been visiting tri state pain from 2011 up until the present. Unfortunately my medication has been abused across the nation and overprescribed in bullhead to the point that I can not fill my script here and haven't been able to in some time. I therefore make the trek to Kingman or havasu monthly. Due to the prejudice of my medication as well as the constant threat of it being taken from me I have never asked for anything other then my refill. I have made sure to stay loyal to tri state for fear of reprisals for 'doctor shopping" and have religiously filled my script at the same pharmacy. I have always tried to be the best chronic pain patient I can be to overcome the drug seeking stereotype persona my medication seems to convey. However, even after all those precautions I too was accused of having drugs in my system I surely did not take. When I confronted venger over the false positives he basically called me a liar. I asked what I was positive for and he claimed of all things heroin. I literally laughed at him. I went on to ask exactly how much was supposedly in my urine and venger claimed a percentage of which was so small I doubt it can even be a amount considered a positive. He then had me pay for a additional urine analysis and only gave me 2 weeks of meds. I then had to return in 2 weeks, pay for another urine analysis and received my other 2 weeks. This went on for 2 months. Unfortunately it was during the holidays. Due to me being a paying patient it was a dismal time financially. I became fed up and called him a liar. I explained I know for a fact he was lying and how dare he accuse a patient of doing that upon such irrelevant circumstances. Upon being called out on his bluff he relented and things returned to normal albeit I no longer saw him anymore. When asking other patients I met several whom said he pulled the same crap on them. Now, him and the other medical staff insult our intelligence explaining they take our meds because the DEA mandates it. What a joke. Not only is that a lie it's insulting they think we are so naive. The DEA has zero bearing on what a doc does with his patient. Then they go on to say it's out of there hands. When they are the only ones with a hand in it. Last month I called them on the BS and niw they say its not them it's the pharmacy. Funny since my pharmacy asked me why they were taking my meds. As of this year they have taken 60 of my pills. I was assured they would take no less then 1 a week. Last month after 7 months of loss they suddenly took 5 then this month they took 10? No explanation! When I voiced that they were all full of it and all the lies were not going to play any more with me they finally saved the excuses and said tough shit you are burnt. I replied with a thank you for the honesty finally. I explained to janekowski that winter is the most painful for me due to my titanium rod and screws and ofcourse the arthritus. I asked to please not take any more of my meds for the winter if nothing and just refill me and she took the 10 out. As if for malice. When demanding a explanation was when I was told tough and to go elsewhere if I didn't like it. I'm serious. For simplying asking to stop taking my meds and to please just the refill. I am unable to moderate my prescription over the month long period because it is reduced every month with no consideration. It went from 4 a month to 5 and jumped to 10. So the last week of the month I live in pain and lack appetite and sleep. A physician should consider the patients health and quality of life over whatever politics they are trying to satisfy. To simply not care while being a pain management clinic no less is pathetic and disgraceful. I am sorry you hate your lives, but please try not to take it out on the patients that supply your check. I'm sorry, had to voice my opinion, I'm done now..

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

He sees 100 patients per day, yes 100. I waited 4 hours last week to get false positives in my urine of drugs I've never taken...next visit after sending my urine for comprehensive analysis, he told me when he was leaving the room that it came back ok. But he once again tells me there were different drugs found I never have even heard of, so he is only giving me 2 weeks of medications still until the 2nd comprehensive analysis shows he is wrong again. I'm there for help, I have MRIs clearly showing my degenerative disc disease but he continues to treat me like a drug seeker and after waiting 4 hours to be treated like that is torture. his N.P.. that sees patients some weeks is my wife's provider there and has told her she almost walked out of the place midday because he was throwing 100 people/day and she said nope... So he dropped her patient load to 60, what a guy. I have my nerve block and steroid injections next month and I'm not holding my breath for him to apologize for calling me a liar on my urine and drug screen. He had a malpractice lawsuit in Nevada after a man brought charges of negligence for incorrectly giving her pain pump the medicine which resulted in his wife's DEATH... He won $500,000. As well as lying under oath to the medical board about his kickbacks from other doctors malpractice lawsuits and intentionally lying, causing CA medical board to take away his license to practice medicine and surgury for 36 months. So he escaped here to Arizona. It's all facts here all of which you can look up online or walk into his waiting room and see how long he makes people in pain wait... He needs a security guard that watches everyone in the waiting room for God's sake. I'm done, and he should be too.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

Dr. Benjamin H. Venger's Credentials

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal